Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    P2 Math - General Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 2
    1.1k Posts 177 Posters 567.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      plum-cake:
      Hi Janet,

      Thank you ! :hi5: Got the book visible thinking. I saw loads of book at popular. they have rearranged the books . saw study helpers titles.... mmm they must have read all the comments about the work book. šŸ˜‰ I mean all the books are in reachable place.

      I bought the math456.com's model drawing. Colourful picture explenation. have a look...but 12$+.
      Saw math456 several time but holding back. Will take a glimpse if I go to IMM. BTW, study helpers is for which level pls ?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • P Offline
        plum-cake
        last edited by

        janet_lee88:

        Saw math456 several time but holding back. Will take a glimpse if I go to IMM. BTW, study helpers is for which level pls ?
        Study helpers are going off the shelves. so only few tiles per each level is available. I saw P2,3,4,5 english home work, maths challenging problems. english thinking skills one book for p5.

        I bought word study 2 workbook from Learners. Because my daughter sometimes get bored when I give the conquer titles again and again. so I buy some easy ones to give her a stress free time...

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          Champion
          last edited by

          plum-cake:
          Hi Janet,

          Thank you ! :hi5: Got the book visible thinking. I saw loads of book at popular. they have rearranged the books . saw study helpers titles.... mmm they must have read all the comments about the work book. šŸ˜‰ I mean all the books are in reachable place.
          Hi,
          I went IMM Popular yesterday hoping to get the Visible thinking Book 3B but alas the sales told me that the book has not arrived and most probably will be in May/June period šŸ˜ž ... Yes, agreed that the books were all neatly re-arrange and personally I prefer to shop there as compares with Jurong Point (Although it was 10 mins walk from home) šŸ˜‰ . Also, there wasn't much crowd yesterday so I was able to stand there and browse thru the assessment books. Was comparing the Chinese ones when one gentleman came out and asked,\"May I know what you are checking? Isn't getting this book that comes with the DVD a better deal?\" I explained to him that I was going thru each assessment book's content and how the syllabus is being structured, the questions are being set. He replied:\"WOW! That means you are very free & you are very detailed!\" :lol:

          Frankly speaking, I was on leave and was hunting for some more Ass books to prepare for my gal's CA1 and also don't want to get too many \"extra assessment books\" :roll: ...So am able to spend 2 hours there to get the \"ideal\" copy that I needed...Heeee...

          Sorry, maybe I am in the wrong forum and write too much :clubmyself:....

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            Champion:
            plum-cake:

            Hi Janet,

            Thank you ! :hi5: Got the book visible thinking. I saw loads of book at popular. they have rearranged the books . saw study helpers titles.... mmm they must have read all the comments about the work book. šŸ˜‰ I mean all the books are in reachable place.

            Isn't getting this book that comes with the DVD a better deal?\" I explained to him that I was going thru each assessment book's content and how the syllabus is being structured, the questions are being set.

            Frankly speaking, I was on leave and was hunting for some more Ass books to prepare for my gal's CA1 and also don't want to get too many \"extra assessment books\" :roll:

            Hi Champion,
            Which book comes with a DVD ?
            It's too late to get an assessment for CA1...with just 2 weeks more. Son's homework is crazy. I'm looking for an Eng assessment book which has everything that will be tested - Grammar, Vocab, Grammar cloze, vocab cloze, comprehension cloze, synthesis, editing, comprehension MCQ and OE. Any recommendations ? Sorry, wrong thread, should have posted this in P5. šŸ˜›

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              ANON001
              last edited by

              janet_lee88:
              TAURUS:

              Hi,


              My son don't really know how to draw models to solve Maths question.. is there any good Maths assessment/ guide book or method which i can help him to on modelling method...

              I have this assessment by Simon Eio...Problem-solving using models. Maybe you would like to take a look ??

              Thks for ur recommendation..

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • janet88J Offline
                janet88
                last edited by

                TAURUS:
                janet_lee88:

                [quote=\"TAURUS\"]Hi,


                My son don't really know how to draw models to solve Maths question.. is there any good Maths assessment/ guide book or method which i can help him to on modelling method...

                I have this assessment by Simon Eio...Problem-solving using models. Maybe you would like to take a look ??

                Thks for ur recommendation..[/quote]

                A mummy recommended maths456...she mentioned colourful illustrations. Maybe you would like to compare.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • T Offline
                  Tinkerbelle
                  last edited by

                  Champion:
                  Hi,

                  I went IMM Popular yesterday hoping to get the Visible thinking Book 3B but alas the sales told me that the book has not arrived and most probably will be in May/June period šŸ˜ž ... Yes, agreed that the books were all neatly re-arrange and personally I prefer to shop there as compares with Jurong Point (Although it was 10 mins walk from home) šŸ˜‰ . Also, there wasn't much crowd yesterday so I was able to stand there and browse thru the assessment books. Was comparing the Chinese ones when one gentleman came out and asked,\"May I know what you are checking? Isn't getting this book that comes with the DVD a better deal?\" I explained to him that I was going thru each assessment book's content and how the syllabus is being structured, the questions are being set. He replied:\"WOW! That means you are very free & you are very detailed!\" :lol:

                  Frankly speaking, I was on leave and was hunting for some more Ass books to prepare for my gal's CA1 and also don't want to get too many \"extra assessment books\" :roll: ...So am able to spend 2 hours there to get the \"ideal\" copy that I needed...Heeee...

                  Sorry, maybe I am in the wrong forum and write too much :clubmyself:....
                  Hi champion,
                  Just curious, after going through all the assessment books, which one did you end up buying?? šŸ˜‰

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    Tinkerbelle
                    last edited by

                    TAURUS:
                    Hi,


                    My son don't really know how to draw models to solve Maths question.. is there any good Maths assessment/ guide book or method which i can help him to on modelling method...
                    Hi Taurus,
                    Can also consider Fan-Math Heuristic & Model approach OR Fan-math Models as a tool. Both books are by Li Fanglan. I used them for my DD and she really enjoyed learning models with stickers which represents all the bars in model drawing.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      plum-cake
                      last edited by

                      Tinkerbelle:
                      TAURUS:

                      Hi,


                      My son don't really know how to draw models to solve Maths question.. is there any good Maths assessment/ guide book or method which i can help him to on modelling method...

                      Hi Taurus,
                      Can also consider Fan-Math Heuristic & Model approach OR Fan-math Models as a tool. Both books are by Li Fanglan. I used them for my DD and she really enjoyed learning models with stickers which represents all the bars in model drawing.

                      Hi Tinkerbelle,

                      I ask my dd to draw the models... cos to practice drawing, and for exams you have to draw...no stickers :oops:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        ANON001
                        last edited by

                        Tinkerbelle:
                        TAURUS:

                        Hi,


                        My son don't really know how to draw models to solve Maths question.. is there any good Maths assessment/ guide book or method which i can help him to on modelling method...

                        Hi Taurus,
                        Can also consider Fan-Math Heuristic & Model approach OR Fan-math Models as a tool. Both books are by Li Fanglan. I used them for my DD and she really enjoyed learning models with stickers which represents all the bars in model drawing.

                        Thks Tinkerbelle for ur recommendation šŸ™‚

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 72
                        • 73
                        • 74
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 72 / 108
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy