Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    2.6k Posts 324 Posters 1.2m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      Hi i3mum,

      If you’re staying more than 1km away from NYPS, I hope you are prepared to look at another school. Nanyang, MGS, RGPS, Pei Hwa have balloting for those staying 1km away. As for PVs, nobody knows how many a school takes in, nor what are the qualities schools are looking for.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        verykiasu2010
        last edited by

        it is very true that PVs for the schools are critically dependent on the needs of the schools - areas where they lack resources. It it not what you can do best, nor your expertise


        can a doctor do traffic warden duty ? will a doctor do traffic warden duty ?

        even say for eg being an architect could be useful but for only one occasion. after the building is done, the school does not need that any more

        or being a film maker, after the school has produced the film for the year, it is done. the school is not going to make a film every other year

        being able to man the sick bay and the dental clinic in school would definitely be helpful

        the mundane duties like gardening, maintenance, and traffic control would be kind of in perennial needs…so, hopeful PVs, pitch your services intelligently

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • I Offline
          i3mum
          last edited by

          –

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            Juanthedragon
            last edited by

            start getting to know who and who in the board of directors or alumni. It is who knows you and not you know who that matter. she/he may sponsor your child for p1 registration and that’s the surest method.


            So, start rubbing shoulders now…start by donating to the school indoor hall or participate in school’s CCA i.e. floral exhibition…etc…

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              Juanthedragon
              last edited by

              try offer your service as a chaperone - accompanies and guides children during their overseas’ education trip…you have to pay for your ticket and accommodation…


              A single trip, you would have clocked more than 40 hours…

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                blessed mommy
                last edited by

                hi, I’m a mother of 2 boys. My elest is 5yrs and the other 2 yrs. Thus it’s impt that I try to enrol my eldest to a good Pri sch and his bro will follow suit. My choice now lies btw buying or renting a place in Bukit Timah. I narrowed my search to these 2 schools…can anyone advise which son is better? I know PHPS is a SAP sch…but HPPS is also popular?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  blessed mommy:
                  hi, I'm a mother of 2 boys. My elest is 5yrs and the other 2 yrs. Thus it's impt that I try to enrol my eldest to a good Pri sch and his bro will follow suit. My choice now lies btw buying or renting a place in Bukit Timah. I narrowed my search to these 2 schools...can anyone advise which son is better? I know PHPS is a SAP sch...but HPPS is also popular?

                  Both schools are equally popular.
                  Pei Hwa is a SAP school - Higher Chinese and English are 1st languages.
                  Do bear in mind there is balloting for those staying within 1km for these 2 schools.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • V Offline
                    verykiasu2010
                    last edited by

                    blessed mommy:
                    hi, I'm a mother of 2 boys. My elest is 5yrs and the other 2 yrs. Thus it's impt that I try to enrol my eldest to a good Pri sch and his bro will follow suit. My choice now lies btw buying or renting a place in Bukit Timah. I narrowed my search to these 2 schools...can anyone advise [b]which son is better[/b]? I know PHPS is a SAP sch...but HPPS is also popular?



                    only u know ..... we can't advise on that

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      mrswongtuition
                      last edited by

                      verykiasu2010:
                      blessed mommy:

                      hi, I'm a mother of 2 boys. My elest is 5yrs and the other 2 yrs. Thus it's impt that I try to enrol my eldest to a good Pri sch and his bro will follow suit. My choice now lies btw buying or renting a place in Bukit Timah. I narrowed my search to these 2 schools...can anyone advise which son is better? I know PHPS is a SAP sch...but HPPS is also popular?


                      only u know ..... we can't advise on that

                      Don't be so mean lah

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        tingting2424
                        last edited by

                        verykiasu2010:
                        blessed mommy:

                        hi, I'm a mother of 2 boys. My elest is 5yrs and the other 2 yrs. Thus it's impt that I try to enrol my eldest to a good Pri sch and his bro will follow suit. My choice now lies btw buying or renting a place in Bukit Timah. I narrowed my search to these 2 schools...can anyone advise [b]which son is better[/b]? I know PHPS is a SAP sch...but HPPS is also popular?




                        only u know ..... we can't advise on that



                        Lolz..

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 128
                        • 129
                        • 130
                        • 131
                        • 132
                        • 261
                        • 262
                        • 130 / 262
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        SmartlabEducationCentreS
                        SmartlabEducationCentre

                        Statistics

                        13

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy