Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    2.6k Posts 324 Posters 1.2m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      sassy
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:

      Yes, same here too. FACTORY is closed. The stress from coaching 2 in their studies is tough enough...but sassy is luckier in the sense that her son has an affiliated sec school to fall back on. My son in Pei Hwa doesn't have any affiliation 😢
      Yes, only if they score the minimum cut-off. Our 2 kids have inherited the \"if can idle, then must idle\" genes from us, i think i have to use the whip come P.S.L.E.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        vicki
        last edited by

        Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid’s baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • FabbymumF Offline
          Fabbymum
          last edited by

          verykiasu2010:
          bicky:

          Congrats to those mummies who got in under 2B balloting this afternoon. Really feel so sad for those who couldn't get in. Esp, those mum/dad who put in so much effort or time for PV & yet this is what they get! Pls don't give up. I am sure your prayers will be answered. All the best to you ... 🙏


          for desperate measures, go buy an apartment within 1 km now, and hope that Phase 2C within 1 km has no balloting and go talk to the principal too, so that she fully understands ....... if any parent is die hard fan of NYPS

          desperate circumstances call for desperate solution - legally aboveboard

          I thought of doing that too..buying a house within 1 km near our school of choice, coming next year..but my hubby thinks that I am going overboard now...he is aiming for work-life and family balance, when I am those who will go all the way out to get our son a good school...in a dilemma now...:( it is going to be another bet as well...

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • FabbymumF Offline
            Fabbymum
            last edited by

            verykiasu2010:
            BigDevil:

            [quote=\"tree nymph\"]Hi Fabbymum,

            your friend stays in Bedok and go all the way to NYPS?? Pretty long journey for the kiddo...

            I thought of that too. So if they weren't going to move nearer, then missing out on NYPS may be a blessing in disguise for the child.

            there are kids who school-bus all the way from Pasir Ris to NYPS. So, Bedok is not so bad la.....when the bus started at Pasir Ris, the kid can just wake up at Bedok and still be in time ....lol[/quote]Not only that...his wife sacrified her highly paid job as a manager to convert to some half day work so that she could drive their son to the school (Bedok to Bkt Timah). In fact, she has done that for the past 2 years to clock the 70 hrs volunteers in the NYPS...so, can imagine...family's finance reduced, and get nothing in the end...yes...I have been helping them by just listening and looking out for other schools for them...keeping my fingers crossed for them too...

            I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • V Offline
              verykiasu2010
              last edited by

              vicki:
              Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.

              The Methodist and most of Protestants do not practise infant baptism

              Only when the child is old enough is make her own confession can she be baptised - that is what i understand. I may be wrong though

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • V Offline
                verykiasu2010
                last edited by

                Fabbymum:

                Not only that...his wife sacrified her highly paid job as a manager to convert to some half day work so that she could drive their son to the school (Bedok to Bkt Timah). In fact, she has done that for the past 2 years to clock the 70 hrs volunteers in the NYPS...so, can imagine...family's finance reduced, and get nothing in the end...yes...I have been helping them by just listening and looking out for other schools for them...keeping my fingers crossed for them too...

                I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)
                that is so sad but just have to get over it

                put in the wait list asap

                hope for the best, don't be bitter about it

                tomorrow will be better

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  minnie2004
                  last edited by

                  Fabbymum:
                  I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)

                  That's why I'm still struggling with which school to register for my DD. Should I send her to one of the top schools, but have to face the trouble of either moving house, or ferrying her to and from school everyday? Or should I just send her to a neighborhood school (still considered a \"good\" school) within walking distance and make life easier for myself? When she gets on my nerves sometimes, I'll lean towards the 2nd option. Why make all the sacrifices for her when she doesn't appreciate what we've done? Then, as a parent, I'll feel guilty and think is it our duty to seek the best for my child no matter what?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • V Offline
                    vicki
                    last edited by

                    minnie2004:
                    Fabbymum:

                    I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)


                    That's why I'm still struggling with which school to register for my DD. Should I send her to one of the top schools, but have to face the trouble of either moving house, or ferrying her to and from school everyday? Or should I just send her to a neighborhood school (still considered a \"good\" school) within walking distance and make life easier for myself? When she gets on my nerves sometimes, I'll lean towards the 2nd option. Why make all the sacrifices for her when she doesn't appreciate what we've done? Then, as a parent, I'll feel guilty and think is it our duty to seek the best for my child no matter what?

                    How about trying out for Phase 2B (if you can get yourself in there) for the top school first -- then if luck doesnt work out -- maybe under Phase 2C you puther inthe good neighbourhood school?

                    At least you can say you tried.... 😉

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      sassy
                      last edited by

                      vicki:
                      Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.

                      One of the parents has to be a member of a Methodist church. My girl is baptised but they didn't ask to see her cert. About 1 month before primary 1 registration, I informed the church and they issued me a letter that stated the date I became a church member as well as my girl's particulars. I'm not sure if you have to be church member for at least 1 year before registration as I became a member back in the 90s.

                      The school only accepts original copy and it must be printed with the church letterhead. I was told that some parents who are not church members have tried to cheat by falsifying the document years ago. I think they will call up the church to verify again after you register.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • V Offline
                        vicki
                        last edited by

                        sassy:
                        vicki:

                        Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.


                        One of the parents has to be a member of a Methodist church. My girl is baptised but they didn't ask to see her cert. About 1 month before primary 1 registration, I informed the church and they issued me a letter that stated the date I became a church member as well as my girl's particulars. I'm not sure if you have to be church member for at least 1 year before registration as I became a member back in the 90s.

                        The school only accepts original copy and it must be printed with the church letterhead. I was told that some parents who are not church members have tried to cheat by falsifying the document years ago. I think they will call up the church to verify again after you register.

                        Oh ic. Txs for the explanation.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 82
                        • 83
                        • 84
                        • 261
                        • 262
                        • 82 / 262
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy