Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    2.6k Posts 324 Posters 1.2m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • V Offline
      verykiasu2010
      last edited by

      vicki:
      Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.

      The Methodist and most of Protestants do not practise infant baptism

      Only when the child is old enough is make her own confession can she be baptised - that is what i understand. I may be wrong though

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        verykiasu2010
        last edited by

        Fabbymum:

        Not only that...his wife sacrified her highly paid job as a manager to convert to some half day work so that she could drive their son to the school (Bedok to Bkt Timah). In fact, she has done that for the past 2 years to clock the 70 hrs volunteers in the NYPS...so, can imagine...family's finance reduced, and get nothing in the end...yes...I have been helping them by just listening and looking out for other schools for them...keeping my fingers crossed for them too...

        I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)
        that is so sad but just have to get over it

        put in the wait list asap

        hope for the best, don't be bitter about it

        tomorrow will be better

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          minnie2004
          last edited by

          Fabbymum:
          I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)

          That's why I'm still struggling with which school to register for my DD. Should I send her to one of the top schools, but have to face the trouble of either moving house, or ferrying her to and from school everyday? Or should I just send her to a neighborhood school (still considered a \"good\" school) within walking distance and make life easier for myself? When she gets on my nerves sometimes, I'll lean towards the 2nd option. Why make all the sacrifices for her when she doesn't appreciate what we've done? Then, as a parent, I'll feel guilty and think is it our duty to seek the best for my child no matter what?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • V Offline
            vicki
            last edited by

            minnie2004:
            Fabbymum:

            I wonder when parents do so much for their child, wonder if one day the child will come to realise how much sacrifice have we, as parents done for our kiddos...this is the beauty of parenthood...:)


            That's why I'm still struggling with which school to register for my DD. Should I send her to one of the top schools, but have to face the trouble of either moving house, or ferrying her to and from school everyday? Or should I just send her to a neighborhood school (still considered a \"good\" school) within walking distance and make life easier for myself? When she gets on my nerves sometimes, I'll lean towards the 2nd option. Why make all the sacrifices for her when she doesn't appreciate what we've done? Then, as a parent, I'll feel guilty and think is it our duty to seek the best for my child no matter what?

            How about trying out for Phase 2B (if you can get yourself in there) for the top school first -- then if luck doesnt work out -- maybe under Phase 2C you puther inthe good neighbourhood school?

            At least you can say you tried.... 😉

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              sassy
              last edited by

              vicki:
              Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.

              One of the parents has to be a member of a Methodist church. My girl is baptised but they didn't ask to see her cert. About 1 month before primary 1 registration, I informed the church and they issued me a letter that stated the date I became a church member as well as my girl's particulars. I'm not sure if you have to be church member for at least 1 year before registration as I became a member back in the 90s.

              The school only accepts original copy and it must be printed with the church letterhead. I was told that some parents who are not church members have tried to cheat by falsifying the document years ago. I think they will call up the church to verify again after you register.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • V Offline
                vicki
                last edited by

                sassy:
                vicki:

                Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.


                One of the parents has to be a member of a Methodist church. My girl is baptised but they didn't ask to see her cert. About 1 month before primary 1 registration, I informed the church and they issued me a letter that stated the date I became a church member as well as my girl's particulars. I'm not sure if you have to be church member for at least 1 year before registration as I became a member back in the 90s.

                The school only accepts original copy and it must be printed with the church letterhead. I was told that some parents who are not church members have tried to cheat by falsifying the document years ago. I think they will call up the church to verify again after you register.

                Oh ic. Txs for the explanation.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  sassy
                  last edited by

                  verykiasu2010:
                  vicki:

                  Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.


                  The Methodist and most of Protestants do not practise infant baptism

                  Only when the child is old enough is make her own confession can she be baptised - that is what i understand. I may be wrong though

                  Not really. For Methodist, any child of any age can be baptized. The child can decide if they want to renew their faith after they turn 16 and this is also not compulsory.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • V Offline
                    verykiasu2010
                    last edited by

                    sassy:
                    verykiasu2010:

                    [quote=\"vicki\"]Hi - Sorry i am curious. You mean for MGS, you need a church letter and not the kid's baptism cert? Sorry - not sure how Methodist church works. Txs.


                    The Methodist and most of Protestants do not practise infant baptism

                    Only when the child is old enough is make her own confession can she be baptised - that is what i understand. I may be wrong though

                    Not really. For Methodist, any child of any age can be baptized. The child can decide if they want to renew their faith after they turn 16 and this is also not compulsory.[/quote]thanks for the clarification

                    i am not mad and not methodical ......

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • X Offline
                      xxhh
                      last edited by

                      Hi Sassy, is there any good kindergarden or childcare nearby MGS?which one u send ur girl? wanna find one for my girl, she is in K1 this year n we will move there within 1km to MGS…

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        sassy
                        last edited by

                        xxhh:
                        Hi Sassy, is there any good kindergarden or childcare nearby MGS?which one u send ur girl? wanna find one for my girl, she is in K1 this year n we will move there within 1km to MGS..

                        I wouldn't recommend my girl's kindergarten cos' their curriculum is not that impressive ever since they were bought over by a certain childcare group this year. I stayed put for convenience's sake as my girl has only a couple more months before she leaves the school for good.

                        You may want to try pre-school by the park at dunearn road. My gf sends her kid there and was really happy with their curriculum.

                        Good luck on your search!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 81
                        • 82
                        • 83
                        • 84
                        • 85
                        • 261
                        • 262
                        • 83 / 262
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy