Anderson Primary
-
2014 and 2015, Anderson is shifting to former kebun bahru pri sch building while it undergo renovations.
-
oic … thanks.
when are they shifting? -
Does anyone have son/daughter in 4.5 ?
-
Hi mummies, I am new here. My girl will be entering P1 next year and if there's no 'mishap' along the way, i should be enrolling her into APS under phase 2A2.
I have read somewhere in this thread that APS will undergo upgrading from 2014-2015 and school will use KBPS temp. May i know where is it located cos i don't seem to find this school anymore...does it mean old Kerbau Bahru Primary School?
Thanks alot
-
nhc8802:
It's near st nick's. St nic pri section was using it until recently when they moved back.Hi mummies, I am new here. My girl will be entering P1 next year and if there's no 'mishap' along the way, i should be enrolling her into APS under phase 2A2.
I have read somewhere in this thread that APS will undergo upgrading from 2014-2015 and school will use KBPS temp. May i know where is it located cos i don't seem to find this school anymore...does it mean old Kerbau Bahru Primary School?
Thanks alot
-
Hi mummies with kids in Anderson,
Can you advise how’s the school in terms of the following:
-Amt of homework - is there alot of homework in P1?
-Discipline - Is the discipline very strict? Do they tend to use the harsher approach or the soft approach?
-Holistic - Is the school very academic focused, or is it more holistic?
-Stress level - Is it OK generally, or is it very stressful?
Apprec you could advise on the above, and anything else, so that I can have a better idea of the school.
Anyone have any idea how Anderson compares with Kuo Chuan Presbyterian?
TIA! -
Zoom88:
BHi mummies with kids in Anderson,
Can you advise how's the school in terms of the following:
-Amt of homework - is there alot of homework in P1?
-Discipline - Is the discipline very strict? Do they tend to use the harsher approach or the soft approach?
-Holistic - Is the school very academic focused, or is it more holistic?
-Stress level - Is it OK generally, or is it very stressful?
Apprec you could advise on the above, and anything else, so that I can have a better idea of the school.
Anyone have any idea how Anderson compares with Kuo Chuan Presbyterian?
TIA!
Can't say about upper pri but for P1 first semester, no stress, minimal and very simple homework. Definitely not acad driven at this time, low stress level. Spelling is a breeze. Easier than k2. -
mashy:
Can't say about upper pri but for P1 first semester, no stress, minimal and very simple homework. Definitely not acad driven at this time, low stress level. Spelling is a breeze. Easier than k2.
Hi mashy,
Thanks for your reply. How abt the discipline?
There was once i was at the school, I heard a teacher shouting and scolding super loudly at a group of students. I personally found it was really quite scary, and I can't imagine how the students felt. In general, I came across a few teachers, and I find that their discipline method is the harsh type, which may not go down well with this generation of kids. Of coz, maybe I just happened to bump into the stricter teachers that day, so I wouldn't want to generalize, therefore would like to find out more from \"insiders\" like you.
-
Zoom
From what i see and hear so far, not really much discipline. Got parents complaining about the sch and teachers not handling bullies well. But I guess it also depends on indiv teachers. I heard there was a very tough teacher who threatened another class not to ever touch her class though. -
Zoom88
Seriously, the kids nowadays need more discipline. Becoz their parents everything also complained against the teachers, the kids have grown more rebellious and disrespectful. I rather have a strict teacher than a soft teacher who lets bullies get their way. I belong to the group of parents (now becoming a minority) who will punished my kid somemore if he misbehaved in school. All parents want to think that their kids are angels but the truth is they may not be angels all the time. If we don’t teach them the right way to live, they will go wayward easily.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login