Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Teck Ghee Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.1k Posts 46 Posters 316.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A Offline
      ahpeng74
      last edited by

      Astee

      thank you very much! really have alot to learn. I have yet call TVPS to confirm if the sch still operates 2 sessions. would be in favor as it will solve my logistic problem. Both my nephews(twins) are at TVPS and my sis told me the kids are loaded with Chinese homework! Eh… dun wan my gal to be overloaded by homework…and in the end kill her love for learning…

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A Offline
        ahpeng74
        last edited by

        holidayQ

        thank u for sharing.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          Astee Foo
          last edited by

          holidayQ:
          Hi, just to share this with the other parents who are planning to visit TGPS and Townsville.


          It was very easy to make an appointment to visit TGPS. The person who answered the phone was helpful and polite.

          Townsville on the other hand does not allow visitors to enter the premises except during open house. I was told that there was no point to visit as no one would be there to talk to us. No exception too if you are unable to make it on that day. Unfriendly and snooty.
          Hi Holiday,

          Welcome back for the festive holiday 😂

          I believe as long as parents abide by the school visitors rules and regulations, the school (TGPS) will definitely welcome you to know more about the culture and its environment.

          Sorry to hear about your call experienced with TVPS. Hope this will not affect your decision to still visit the school during its open house. 😄

          Regards,
          Astee

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • N Offline
            Nes
            last edited by

            Hi Astee


            I dun recall having this form. Did you get yours?

            Your child is in which class

            Regards

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • N Offline
              Nes
              last edited by

              Hi Astee


              I dun recall having this form. Did you get yours?

              Your child is in which class

              Regards

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • R Offline
                rejoice137
                last edited by

                Hi Astee,


                My DS also keen on badminton but having it threentimes a week could be a bit too many for him. Will call up the school tmr to ask more about it. Now I think it may be good to delay CCA this year. My DS join Scouts for CCA this year. But I think as this is a new CCA plus the new schedule, this week I already gotten two communication gaps and problem with CCA. Will be calling up the school tmr morning to give my feedback as well as seek clarification.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • R Offline
                  rejoice137
                  last edited by

                  Hi Ivy,


                  Did the bus operator revise the bus fee after your feedback to the school? I called up the school and gave them my feedback. But since my DS is not taking the school bus now, the school will not cite my case to the vendor. Today my DS brought back information on the school bus fee for CCA. I was so shock to find out that the vendor is charging $4 per trip for CCA for Bishan area if the student is not taking school bus daily. I think it is not too far from taking a taxi! I feel sorry for parents who have to just pay for such high fee as they do not have a choice :-(.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • R Offline
                    rejoice137
                    last edited by

                    Nes:
                    Hi Astee


                    I dun recall having this form. Did you get yours?

                    Your child is in which class

                    Regards
                    Hi Nes,

                    My DS just brought back the form today. May be you can check with yours. My DS is in P2. The workshop is mathematic problem solving strategies for P2&P3. The timing is at 6:30pm to 7:30pm on 10 Feb.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      Astee Foo
                      last edited by

                      rejoice137:
                      Hi Astee,


                      My DS also keen on badminton but having it threentimes a week could be a bit too many for him. Will call up the school tmr to ask more about it. Now I think it may be good to delay CCA this year. My DS join Scouts for CCA this year. But I think as this is a new CCA plus the new schedule, this week I already gotten two communication gaps and problem with CCA. Will be calling up the school tmr morning to give my feedback as well as seek clarification.
                      Hi Rejoice,

                      Yes, there seem to be quite a few gaps in term of the CCA schedule. I was informed by my son's classmate's mom that badminton 3x a week are for the school team. If your kid is not in school team, just need to attend 2x a week. I think it's just Tues and Thursday.

                      Anyway, i am still trying to dissuade my DS to join badminton... :evil:

                      Regards,
                      Astee

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        Astee Foo
                        last edited by

                        Nes:
                        Hi Astee


                        I dun recall having this form. Did you get yours?

                        Your child is in which class

                        Regards
                        Hi Serine,

                        Similar to what Rejoice had mentioned. The form was brought back on Monday and i signed and returned. It's for P2/3 Parents Workshop. My son is in P2.

                        I would love to attend but time conflicts with children dinner and tuition hour, so i have to give it a miss. Any parents going, please share your learning after the workshop. 😄 Kam-siah!!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 108
                        • 109
                        • 30 / 109
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        celineyapC
                        celineyap

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy