Catholic High (Primary)
-
meiah:
This year, should be 3x morning (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 2x afternoon (Tue & Fri). Actually, I lost track liao cos to me, it's like everyday carry violin to sch!!
Violin quite easy to carry. My son has to play 2, so carry 2 long cases 4x a week - very *sian* , and he small-sized. -
SoWoW:
Was told CHS's math is tough in both Pri and Sec. If they are coping well above then they are really good leh. Do u send them for any enrichment? Especially math subject.
Which level is your boy?
My 2 boys are on their own in math - no enrichment. My elder boy esp enjoys math and continues to do fairly well in that subject. I'm not sure if Math in CHS sec is tough? Bc my elder boy is not in CHS sec.
Younger boy is not esp outstanding in any subject. I was just saying he's better in math & chinese. He has great interest in chinese. -
phankao:
Ya, violin not so bad. When he was playing cello in p3/4, i also fainted when he had to bring the cello home. Why your ds need to carry 2?meiah:
This year, should be 3x morning (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 2x afternoon (Tue & Fri). Actually, I lost track liao cos to me, it's like everyday carry violin to sch!!
Violin quite easy to carry. My son has to play 2, so carry 2 long cases 4x a week - very *sian* , and he small-sized.
To JonC: Er.. 6B so that should be 6 Joy. -
@meiah
P6D, Patience.
Going to the PSLE Talk? -
meiah:
He plays 2 types of Huqin in the Chinese orchestraYa, violin not so bad. When he was playing cello in p3/4, i also fainted when he had to bring the cello home. Why your ds need to carry 2?
To JonC: Er.. 6B so that should be 6 Joy. -
JonC:
Want to, but dunno talk date confirm or not. Cos the last time I received email, like only 1 class is confirmed more than 70% attendance. Plus the date for my ds class is different. I think is every class diff dates right? So no idea if talk is on or not for 6 joy. Need to know earlier cos need to apply for leave.@meiah
P6D, Patience.
Going to the PSLE Talk? -
Hi CHS parents, I would like to know what is the procedure/criteria/timeline to transfer to CHS P2 level? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-
@meiah
Take time off lah and compensate the hours by work late the day lor.
2 Class confirmed with more than 70% attendance.
The others are talking about combining.
Really curious why so many bochap parents? -
JonC:
What is the PSLE talk? I don't remember going to one when my boy was in p6.@meiah
P6D, Patience.
Going to the PSLE Talk? -
phankao:
The talk is about boys moving from p6 to s1. some topics to be covered like
What is the PSLE talk? I don't remember going to one when my boy was in p6.
- PSLE T-Score
- CHS Sec 1 Entrance Critiria
- Affiliation / non affiliation
- IP Schools
- DSA
- Independent School
I want to go to the talk because i worry my performance-erratic ds will get erratic psle score and then i will get big headache. Dunno where to put him. Like he can get A for 3 maths exams and then when SA2 come, get D!!! This kind of shock I cannot tahan during psle siah! Wait affiliate sec sch also cannot get in, dunno what to say.
So I want to find out more about the posting criteria and others. Thought of asking him try sota but dunno he will like or not. I like the IB programme tho. Tough, i know but i think he can cope. After all, he's coping by himself now.
To JonC:
Dunno leh, thought psle very impt so parents should be kan cheong but i see responses like not very gd. Maybe i ks lah. Like only better classes got better response. Which two classes got over 70% liao?
Haiz, I need to apply leave at least 3 days in advance and if the talk on the week when sch open, then I need to fill in application by next tue otherwise, won't be able to see my boss after that. must compliance with their policy mah, if not kenna arrow for nothing.
To jjgoh:
p1 n p2 results and achievement if any. go to sch anytime you like, get a form, fill in, give a reason, then wait for response, not successful, then go on waiting list. p2 quite diff to get in cos usually no space. procedure pretty much the same as most schools.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login