Catholic High (Primary)
-
BarbieGundam:
Even for GEP DSA cases, they need to meet a min T-score of 240+ I think.Hi KiasuGrandmaster,
Is it true that RI DSA under GEP must also see results? For non-GEP, I heard RI must get around 270 to get in, is this true?
As for COP for RI, it hovers around 258-259. However, in order to feel that one can cope in RI, best to enter with higher T-score of 270. -
ksi:
Don't know about GEP, but I've heard 220+ also have for RI under DSA - my friend's son, and he's coping very well too.
Even for GEP DSA cases, they need to meet a min T-score of 240+ I think.BarbieGundam:
Hi KiasuGrandmaster,
Is it true that RI DSA under GEP must also see results? For non-GEP, I heard RI must get around 270 to get in, is this true?
As for COP for RI, it hovers around 258-259. However, in order to feel that one can cope in RI, best to enter with higher T-score of 270.
So far, I think for CHS this year's p6 batch, there are 2 mainstream boys who got DSA from RI, 1 under sports and one under academic. I think both got either high 240+, low 250+. -
phankao:
Don't know about GEP, but I've heard 220+ also have for RI under DSA - my friend's son, and he's coping very well too.
Even for GEP DSA cases, they need to meet a min T-score of 240+ I think.ksi:
[quote=\"BarbieGundam\"]Hi KiasuGrandmaster,
Is it true that RI DSA under GEP must also see results? For non-GEP, I heard RI must get around 270 to get in, is this true?
As for COP for RI, it hovers around 258-259. However, in order to feel that one can cope in RI, best to enter with higher T-score of 270.
So far, I think for CHS this year's p6 batch, there are 2 mainstream boys who got DSA from RI, 1 under sports and one under academic. I think both got either high 240+, low 250+.[/quote]Ya, it's hard to say what is the T-score to cope well in the RI IP. It all depends on attitude and aptitude. I knew a few who scored > 260 but did not graduate with 'A' level cert after 6 years of IP. -
MandyMummy:
That's a nightmare :yikes: But true, PSLE score definitely can't predict IP performance.
Ya, it's hard to say what is the T-score to cope well in the RI IP. It all depends on attitude and aptitude. I knew a few who scored > 260 but did not graduate with 'A' level cert after 6 years of IP. -
phankao:
Hi, Dear All:CrossTalk:
Hi, Can anyone explain whether the PSLE result including those kids from GEP class? Thank you.
Of course it includes the GEP
Thank you so much for all the information given. Especailly for PSLE results....I think CHS really is a good school. My son 1st time visited it, almost don't want to go home... :imcool: We will join you soon..... hope to see you all more often in here, and till they smoothly pass PSLE....ha....ha.... 3 more years to go for me....thanks once again. -
CrossTalk:
Hi, Dear All:phankao:
[quote=\"CrossTalk\"]Hi, Can anyone explain whether the PSLE result including those kids from GEP class? Thank you.
Of course it includes the GEP
Thank you so much for all the information given. Especailly for PSLE results....I think CHS really is a good school. My son 1st time visited it, almost don't want to go home... :imcool: We will join you soon..... hope to see you all more often in here, and till they smoothly pass PSLE....ha....ha.... 3 more years to go for me....thanks once again.[/quote]
Yes, CHS is a good school and I am impressed with the teachers' dedication, at least those that I have encountered
-
Hi MandyMummy,
then isn’t it better to go for non-IP? at least you can secure an "O" level cert? pardon me, I have to really start reading up on DSA and IP, seems like DSA also getting competitive in some schools… -
BarbieGundam:
It depends. IP is usually for the top 7-10% of the PSLE cohort (with cut-off >250) when all the IP schools are up and running in 2013. This group is usually university-bound with some exceptions. IP allows the students to skip O level thus using the time to pursue other academic and non-academic interests, and so is more enriching.Hi MandyMummy,
then isn't it better to go for non-IP? at least you can secure an \"O\" level cert? pardon me, I have to really start reading up on DSA and IP, seems like DSA also getting competitive in some schools...
If your ds belongs to this group, he will have more exposure to a challenging and stimulating curriculum in IP when the students are freed of the time to drill / prepare for O levels.
If your ds goes for O level track, he will face more difficulties trying to get into the top JCs as all the top 5 JCs have limited places after accounting for their own IP students.
There are certainly pros and cons in choosing IP vs O level track. But, careful monitoring and early intervention help to prevent the sad cases of IP students not graduating with an A level cert after 6 years. -
Hi, Good Morning:
Since my son will transfer into P4. A bit concern about which class he will be in. Anyone can share which are type of classes (non-GEP) in p4 and their name? Type means best, middle or student need to catch up, not sure whether they have such differences? -
CrossTalk:
Don't worry lah.Hi, Good Morning:
Since my son will transfer into P4. A bit concern about which class he will be in. Anyone can share which are type of classes (non-GEP) in p4 and their name? Type means best, middle or student need to catch up, not sure whether they have such differences?
Your boy will be in 1 of the 2 GEP class which has the smallest class size of all.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login