Radin Mas Primary
-
Hi!
Anybody brought your child to the office yesterday? Care to share on your experience?
My boy went to my office for half a day. He was bored at first, until he found the white board. Then, started to write things on the white board, and didn't want to go home.
Made a few uncle and auntie friends, too.
He was given some sheets of paper to write his experience on the attachment. Wonder what he is going to write....
-
hi, I brought my son to office yesterday for half a day too! He has so many questions to ask.
To stop him, I gave him "physical work", like shredding, stapling etc… to keep him occupied. I think half a day is already stretching too long, 1 day really cannot tahan. -
jenchiow:
It'll be mine (or rather hubs) turn tomorrow to bring DD to work. Actually she goes to his office quite often but this time, she'll be going there with a mission.... . I think she's quite excited.hi, I brought my son to office yesterday for half a day too! He has so many questions to ask.
To stop him, I gave him \"physical work\", like shredding, stapling etc..... to keep him occupied. I think half a day is already stretching too long, 1 day really cannot tahan.
By the way, if another kid in class hides your child's book under his table and when he was found out, removes the plastic cover, throws it on the floor and make your child pick it up, will you consider this as bullying? -
Yes brought DS to office where experience some engineering, machinery & a few live action in the working place. Let DS understand that working life is not easy & DD must study hard so that can find a good job & landed with a good company in the future.
Also at the same time take some pictures so that DS can complete the assignment. Just ½ a day I’m already tired like a dead dog as need to supervise closely. -
jenchiow:
To stop him, I gave him \"physical work\", like shredding, stapling etc..... to keep him occupied. I think half a day is already stretching too long, 1 day really cannot tahan.
One of my colleagues was photocopying some documents, and I asked my son to learn from the colleague. He just smiled at the colleague, and walked back to my desk. In the end, he had to sit next to me for some time before he got to use my laptop while I was away for a meeting.
He was very, very tired at the end of the day. Wonder why. :scratchhead: Fell asleep on the way home. I thought it should be more tiring in school? -
preggie:
By the way, if another kid in class hides your child's book under his table and when he was found out, removes the plastic cover, throws it on the floor and make your child pick it up, will you consider this as bullying?
Well, maybe. The other kid could be just mischievous. Did it happen to your daughter? Did she report this matter to the teacher? -
[quote]By the way, if another kid in class hides your child's book under his table and when he was found out, removes the plastic cover, throws it on the floor and make your child pick it up, will you consider this as bullying?[/quote]
Did that kid did it in front of the teacher? perhaps not bullying but definitely naughty, not a desirable behaviour. I agreed with qms that it should be feedback to the teacher. -
qms:
Yeap.. happened yesterday. I don't think she told the teacher coz the teacher scolded her for misplacing her 习字本.preggie:
By the way, if another kid in class hides your child's book under his table and when he was found out, removes the plastic cover, throws it on the floor and make your child pick it up, will you consider this as bullying?
Well, maybe. The other kid could be just mischievous. Did it happen to your daughter? Did she report this matter to the teacher?
So it must have been a lousy day for her yesterday. It's the first time she didn't give me an answer when i asked her how her day was
-
jenchiow:
[quote]By the way, if another kid in class hides your child's book under his table and when he was found out, removes the plastic cover, throws it on the floor and make your child pick it up, will you consider this as bullying?
Did that kid did it in front of the teacher? perhaps not bullying but definitely naughty, not a desirable behaviour. I agreed with qms that it should be feedback to the teacher.[/quote]Unlikely the kid did it in front of the teacher. I'm also not sure if i want to feedback, lest the teacher thinks i'm such a whiney parent. It's actually not the first time DD lost her books, it has happened to her name tags, spelling book, her tingxie book and now her 习字本.
The last time i gave a feedback, it was not very well received by the teacher. She sort of hinted to me that it's my DD who is careless and slow. -
[quote]The last time i gave a feedback, it was not very well received by the teacher. She sort of hinted to me that it's my DD who is careless and slow.[/quote]
My son misplaced his textbook too and he didn't tell me. I only found out when the teacher said that he has to bring his textbook. When I asked him, he said he forgot to inform me. We searched high and low for the textbook at home but didn't manage to find it.
Miraculously, the textbook came back after the weekend.
So, I guess losing things is also part and parcel of their school life and teacher that are not helpful makes the situation worse.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login