Henry Park Primary
-
I’d provide some supplementary info on GEP to cluelessmama’s, from what I hear and see:
- GEP teaching is different from the ‘normal’, i.e., much less homework so more freedom. Otherwise HPPS is well known to assign a big amount of homework.
- GEP classes have more resources. At HPPS, the 2 classes of P6 (2009) had 30 students in total, and 5 teachers. With 2 ‘normal’ classes, there are 60 students and 3 teachers. (seen in my kid’s HPPS Yearbook) -
Lemongal:
Hi,Hi Hi
My son just join HPPS for the Gep Programme this year. He is in Pri 4K, just wondering anyone have kids in the same class or programme. Care to have a chat :grphug:
I've PM you. My son is also in P4K.
-
Cheval:
Cheval,I'd provide some supplementary info on GEP to cluelessmama's, from what I hear and see:
- GEP teaching is different from the 'normal', i.e., much less homework so more freedom. Otherwise HPPS is well known to assign a big amount of homework.
Is it true? HPPS has huge amounts of homework?!!! -
mummyo:
My girl is transferred to HPPS from a neighborhood school this year. She feels so compared to her former school. My son claims so too; he is a fast worker.Cheval,
Is it true? HPPS has huge amounts of homework?!!!
This is what I think. What about others? -
yukilei:
PM you.Hi,
I've PM you. My son is also in P4K.
-
Wow... how come all of u in 4K??? am i the only one parent here with kid in 4L :roll: ? Is there a class allocation method they use which I'm not aware of :? ?
cluelessmama:
PM you.

-
blur-daddy:
Think it's coincident lah....Wow... how come all of u in 4K??? am i the only one parent here with kid in 4L :roll: ? Is there a class allocation method they use which I'm not aware of :? ?
-
blur-daddy:
I wonder if they go by family name? :?Wow... how come all of u in 4K??? am i the only one parent here with kid in 4L :roll: ? Is there a class allocation method they use which I'm not aware of :? ?
-
cluelessmama:
Based on my understanding from last year's batch of P4 GEP, the school try to group those coming from same school in the same class, to reduce the impact of changing schools, as there are only 2 girls (1 from HPPS and another from other school), they put them together. Other than that, it is quite random. Anyway, the 2 classes get together quite often, they seems to know each other by the end of 1 year. This year, they reshuffle the class again so my DS is in the other class now.
I wonder if they go by family name? :?blur-daddy:
Wow... how come all of u in 4K??? am i the only one parent here with kid in 4L :roll: ? Is there a class allocation method they use which I'm not aware of :? ?
-
Hi TwaTau,
Thks for sharing. During last yr school tour, the HOD told us tt those from HPPS, will be splitted equally into the 2 classes, and kids from other schools will join in either classes. hmmm... so the 2 classes will re-shuffle again for P5? That's good. Kids do mixed around well and I already heard my DS mentioned names from other class e.g. MT class etc.
He seems to be enjoying himself so far... Just hope the way it is till Feb whereby I know more will be added. Received the family-tree thingy project overview and DS, being a shy boy, will have fun talking to uncles and aunties during CNY
.
Can u share if there is anymore fun projects/challenges coming for P4?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login