Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    River Valley Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.1k Posts 104 Posters 400.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • raynregR Offline
      raynreg
      last edited by

      Hi Shandee


      Recess is from 3pm to 3.30pm. You may watch your DD and DS from afar. I don't think you can even step into the tuckshop. But no worries, your child will be looked after by upper primary students. They will be assigned to take care of them on a buddy basis. 1 upper primary student to 2 P1 students.

      If you intend to catch a peek at them, I suggest you be at the tuckshop slightly early as there are many anxious parents as well :lol: :lol:

      Remember to take a picture of them..its their first step to formal education and many more years ahead :celebrate: . I'm sure the kids are as anxious as you are....

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • K Offline
        kis
        last edited by

        hihi, my gal is in 1C (1 Patience).


        Just rec’d note that there’s a Stellar Programme Briefing on 21Jan, 5-6pm, any mummies going?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          shandee
          last edited by

          hello, my gal is in 1G (Friendship)…anyone’s child in same class too ?


          with regards to STELLAR prog, is this the first year RVPS is starting on STELLAR ? I believe the session on 21 Jan is more of a Q&A session…

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • raynregR Offline
            raynreg
            last edited by

            I don’t know when RVPS started this Stellar programme but it was there last year when my DD is in P1. I attended this briefing last year so not going this round.


            Could you input more information here if you are attending. I’m wondering if there’s any major changes.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              minnie2004
              last edited by

              Either me or DH will go to the Stellar briefing.


              Anyone going to tomorrow’s PSG parent chitchat?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • K Offline
                kis
                last edited by

                raynreg:
                I don't know when RVPS started this Stellar programme but it was there last year when my DD is in P1. I attended this briefing last year so not going this round.


                Could you input more information here if you are attending. I'm wondering if there's any major changes.

                Hi Raynreg, so you think the session is useful?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  kis
                  last edited by

                  minnie2004:
                  Either me or DH will go to the Stellar briefing.


                  Anyone going to tomorrow's PSG parent chitchat?
                  Hi Minnie, are you one of the PSG?
                  I'm still deciding want to be PSG anot...haha.
                  I'm not informed that there's a chitchat session tmr.

                  Anyone joing PSG?
                  Is it really useful in getting to know our kids teachers etc...
                  What do you do in PSG?
                  Do we need to be active in PSG?

                  Thanks.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    shandee
                    last edited by

                    Yes, if anyone going for the STELLAR briefing, pls do give a simple "sharing"…


                    Much as i would like to attend the PSG tmr, cant cos clash in time schedule…

                    btw, noted that formal classroom teaching has yet to start. Understandable for P1 but its apparently so for P3 too (i hv a boy in P3). Time-table is not out either. Thought tat time-table should be finalised b4 sch term starts. Its kinda time "wasted" as Week 1 has passed just like tat…

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • raynregR Offline
                      raynreg
                      last edited by

                      For first timer, I suggest you take time off to understand a little of this STELLAR programme. Its basically about some BIG book that the school uses. Encourage reading and spelling list are extracted from those books. That's about all I could remember.


                      As for PSG, I was volunteering my service for a full year when my DD is in P1. You could help the class teachers during their CCA lessons. In a way, you get to see your child in their classroom and know her classmates better. Thereafter, you could join them in their recess break. Your kids will be proud as their parents are there to see them. They will tell their classmates about you. Haha... :lol:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        minnie2004
                        last edited by

                        I plan to join the PSG for at least a year to find out how my DD is doing in school. She also keeps pushing me to join after seeing other PSG parents showing up in her classroom but not me. Today after the PSG meeting I went to see her eating in the canteen, she was really happy!

                        BTW, she seems to be closer to me now that I take her to school every day :love: . She used to take schoolbus with her little brother when she was in kindergarten.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 16
                        • 17
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 20
                        • 110
                        • 111
                        • 18 / 111
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        WordWizardsW
                        WordWizards

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy