Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 949.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      chasingjelly
      last edited by

      2818:
      I have started my son for maths enrichment because I have enough 'feedback' from the P1 Math teacher about how careless he is. He then started the math enrichment from 2nd half of last year. To my surprise the result came back he did worst then what he scored in his SA1.

      Actually for carelessness, enrichment will not help much. Need to teach the child how to spot the mistakes.

      I actually pulled my dd out of her math enrichment after SA1 bcos she only got a band 2. After my coaching, she only made 2 mistakes in her SA2 paper.

      I'm sure your child will do well this time around after your coaching. 🙂

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • 2 Offline
        2818
        last edited by

        Hi chasingjelly,


        Thank you for sharing your experience here. I will try my best to help him to strengthen up in this area too.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          adbie
          last edited by

          Hi all, I'm looking at the 二年级全面性评价蓝图 assessment plan (see below).


          Does anyone know of good ways to prepare for 过新年,阅读理解 and 综合句式 for T1?

          http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3307/p2chineseassessment.jpg\">

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            blurblursahm
            last edited by

            Hi hi…


            Whr do u find e slides on e school website?? I dun seems to be able to locate it ;(( I m looking for P1…

            Tqvm

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              adbie
              last edited by

              blurblursahm:
              Hi hi...


              Whr do u find e slides on e school website?? I dun seems to be able to locate it ;(( I m looking for P1...

              Tqvm
              It's not from the school site. I took the picture during the PTC.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                blurblursahm
                last edited by

                wow ;)) i also thought it can be found on e sch web with e full details..am i right?? ;((

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  chasingjelly
                  last edited by

                  adbie:
                  Hi all, I'm looking at the 二年级全面性评价蓝图 assessment plan (see below).


                  Does anyone know of good ways to prepare for 过新年,阅读理解 and 综合句式 for T1?
                  The 1st one is lang du? :? As for the 阅读理解 and 综合句式, I think can do some assessment books to practise. Actually the teacher do give them some practice paper on those 2 areas. I seriously find they are so much better in preparing the kids compared to the EL dept.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    adbie
                    last edited by

                    chasingjelly:
                    I seriously find they are so much better in preparing the kids compared to the EL dept.

                    Why is the CL dept better? A few reasons I can think of, with due respect to all CL teachers:

                    - they are the minority.

                    - they are fighting a losing war to maintain CL as an important subject.

                    - with more immigrants from China, they need to prove they are useful and just as good as the mainlanders (most CL teachers are still born-in-Singapore citizens).

                    - they face pressures from more and more demanding parents who do not believe in the usefulness of CL.

                    There's another discussion on CL:
                    http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=348138#348138

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      chasingjelly
                      last edited by

                      Eh, no..... the main reason is that most of them don't have a form class. :lol:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        adbie
                        last edited by

                        chasingjelly:
                        Eh, no..... the main reason is that most of them don't have a form class. :lol:

                        Ah.... I stand corrected! :celebrate:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 100
                        • 101
                        • 102
                        • 103
                        • 104
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 102 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy