Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 950.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 2 Offline
      2818
      last edited by

      7788:
      2818 - it's the school's decision...perhaps you should pose the question to the school. the kids who are not involved in the opening ceremony would appreciate the super long weekend (since the following monday is youth day's school holiday). for those who are involved, it's going to be hard work this week for them and their parents who have to fetch them to school for rehearsals etc.

      I thought for those who are not involved should also have fun for the day.

      Thank you.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        chasingjelly
        last edited by

        2818:
        7788:

        2818 - it's the school's decision...perhaps you should pose the question to the school. the kids who are not involved in the opening ceremony would appreciate the super long weekend (since the following monday is youth day's school holiday). for those who are involved, it's going to be hard work this week for them and their parents who have to fetch them to school for rehearsals etc.


        I thought for those who are not involved should also have fun for the day.

        Thank you.

        Well, that's because ESM Goh Chok Tong will grace the occassion. *sigh* It's not nice to have school holidays cut short to 3 weeks only. :censored:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • MMMM Offline
          MMM
          last edited by

          7788:
          anyone whose kid went for the nanjing immersion trip care to share his/her kid's experience?

          Hi 7788,

          My girl went. You can catch what the kids do in the following link.

          http://mbsgoingplaces.wordpress.com/

          The teachers did a very good job providing daily updates and pics of what the kids did for the day. They also provided twice daily updates via sms. So this left the parents at ease with what's happening in Nanjing. Overall I still feel that it's a good exposure for her.

          Heard for P5 kids, they have to wash their own clothes.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • MMMM Offline
            MMM
            last edited by

            Hi,


            For siblings joining MBS in 2012 via phase 1, have any parents here receive the school notification???

            I recalled receiving it quite late for my 2nd child. Just want to make sure that my child is not missed out otherwise we still have phase 2A1 to count on.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • 7 Offline
              7788
              last edited by

              Hi MMM,


              Thanks for sharing. I was in Beijing during the 1st week of the school holiday and it was super hot there. I would imagine Nanjing to be even hotter but it didn’t seem to be the case. The kids were either wearing or having their windbreaker/ jacket with them most of the time as seen in the photos.

              Trust she must have enjoyed the trip. Did she have any problem adapting? Read that some kids cried initially as they missed their family. By the way, they didn’t stay in a hotel but a dormitory right? i saw double-decked bed…hmm a bit challenging for my boy if he were there. haha. Anyway, will consider signing him up for the P5 immersion programme next year having seen that the school has done a great job in running the programme.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • MMMM Offline
                MMM
                last edited by

                7788:
                Hi MMM,


                Thanks for sharing. I was in Beijing during the 1st week of the school holiday and it was super hot there. I would imagine Nanjing to be even hotter but it didn't seem to be the case. The kids were either wearing or having their windbreaker/ jacket with them most of the time as seen in the photos.

                Trust she must have enjoyed the trip. Did she have any problem adapting? Read that some kids cried initially as they missed their family. By the way, they didn't stay in a hotel but a dormitory right? i saw double-decked bed...hmm a bit challenging for my boy if he were there. haha. Anyway, will consider signing him up for the P5 immersion programme next year having seen that the school has done a great job in running the programme.
                Maybe depends on location. I was in shanghai during end May and it was around 15 degree. Didn't expect that kind of weather so I only went with a shawl...

                My girl apparently didn't miss us as much initially. Hubby was like she got her genes from me 😉 No calls from her,etc... But we know she is in good hands as we saw her pics in the update. Teachers update that site every nite so I really applaud them for that effort.

                Yes bed is double deck but they only sleep on lower deck. Toilet. Condition I heard need adjusting to as well. During that time, she also had some issues with her friend who broke her water bottle. But for us, it is all about independence when she is there by herself and learning to manage socially. Glad she survived it 🙂

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • lostbunnyL Offline
                  lostbunny
                  last edited by

                  MMM:
                  Hi,


                  For siblings joining MBS in 2012 via phase 1, have any parents here receive the school notification????

                  I recalled receiving it quite late for my 2nd child. Just want to make sure that my child is not missed out otherwise we still have phase 2A1 to count on.
                  Hi MMM,

                  I also havent received any confirmation for the enrolment.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • MMMM Offline
                    MMM
                    last edited by

                    lostbunny:
                    MMM:

                    Hi,


                    For siblings joining MBS in 2012 via phase 1, have any parents here receive the school notification????

                    I recalled receiving it quite late for my 2nd child. Just want to make sure that my child is not missed out otherwise we still have phase 2A1 to count on.

                    Hi MMM,

                    I also havent received any confirmation for the enrolment.

                    Hi Lostbunny,

                    I called the school today to check on it. I gave them the name and they confirmed that my little one is included in phase 1. She mentioned that they have not issued the confirmation letter.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • lostbunnyL Offline
                      lostbunny
                      last edited by

                      MMM:
                      lostbunny:

                      [quote=\"MMM\"]Hi,


                      For siblings joining MBS in 2012 via phase 1, have any parents here receive the school notification????

                      I recalled receiving it quite late for my 2nd child. Just want to make sure that my child is not missed out otherwise we still have phase 2A1 to count on.

                      Hi MMM,

                      I also havent received any confirmation for the enrolment.

                      Hi Lostbunny,

                      I called the school today to check on it. I gave them the name and they confirmed that my little one is included in phase 1. She mentioned that they have not issued the confirmation letter.[/quote]Thanks, MMM. Think tomorrow I also better call the school. Don't have phase 2A to fall back on so better be safe.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MMMM Offline
                        MMM
                        last edited by

                        lostbunny:
                        Thanks, MMM. Think tomorrow I also better call the school. Don't have phase 2A to fall back on so better be safe.

                        Actually, I was just worried if due to some human error/ miscommunication along the earlier process that led to the omission. So thought it's better to double check with the school. Not fun to find out that the child has not obtain a place in school after 2C. :yikes:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 121
                        • 122
                        • 123
                        • 124
                        • 125
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 123 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy