Maha Bodhi
-
Hi MMM,
I have email u a copy of year 2008 P2 book list (but I lost the P3 list).
My boy has gotten back his English results on Monday. Yesterday he got back his Maths results. Well, today is the day we will get to see their papers *excited*
. Wonder how he fare for his chinese (his poorest subject). He told me highest in his class for English is a perfect score and Maths is 99/100 (after much interrogation from me too).
P3 require a A4 writing pad (with school logo) for their EL compo writing. The books you mentioned seems ok. Every year I will have excess exercise books from the book list too. The world bank book is always out of stock.
Wonder which class will my boy be posted to. Perhaps our kids will be in the same class next year? We will know once the report book is out
. -
I always feel that getting perfect score 100/100 for languages which include essay writing, oral and sa papers are incredibleeeee :udawoman:
-
BTW jsmum, which level is your child in this yr?
-
vlim:
BTW jsmum, which level is your child in this yr?
jsmum's kids are in P3 and P2 this year :lol:
Jsmum,
I met my cousin's wife today. Her dd is in P5 this year. She was telling me of the drop in grades during P3 and then the next biggest drop during P5. She mentioned in MBS, there are only 2 top classes, the rest are all mixed together.
Based on the aggregate, my niece sb under top 120 type. But in the recent SA2 exams, only 4 in her class passed the maths paper this time round. My niece didn't make it as well. Also in the top 2nd class, she heard that the passing rate for the maths paper is like less than 50% too.
That sounds really scary.... Dunno if the school is trying to scare the kids so that they work harder ??? This can work as a demotivator as well when kids start to doubt their ability.
Listening that makes me wonder how we can prepare our kids to be ready for the road ahead which is more important. -
vlim:
I always feel that getting perfect score 100/100 for languages which include essay writing, oral and sa papers are incredibleeeee :udawoman:
Yes, especially when written expression is concerned. It seems really challenging to get full marks for that. To have perfect tenses and grammatically correct sentences. It's really a big challenge. I will already be very happy if the kids can do 8/10.
The same applies to Kan tu xie hua. This year P1 didn't have that. For the P2, they had that during P1 SA2. This is equally challenging. -
MMM:
oh ok thanks MMM ! I get to see Learning Lab english p2 worksheet as my nephew is having tuition at the center... wow very high standard and chimmmmmvlim:
BTW jsmum, which level is your child in this yr?
jsmum's kids are in P3 and P2 this year :lol:
Jsmum,
I met my cousin's wife today. Her dd is in P5 this year. She was telling me of the drop in grades during P3 and then the next biggest drop during P5. She mentioned in MBS, there are only 2 top classes, the rest are all mixed together.
Based on the aggregate, my niece sb under top 120 type. But in the recent SA2 exams, only 4 in her class passed the maths paper this time round. My niece didn't make it as well. Also in the top 2nd class, she heard that the passing rate for the maths paper is like less than 50% too.
That sounds really scary.... Dunno if the school is trying to scare the kids so that they work harder ??? This can work as a demotivator as well when kids start to doubt their ability.
Listening that makes me wonder how we can prepare our kids to be ready for the road ahead which is more important. -
vlim:
Hi vlim,
oh ok thanks MMM ! I get to see Learning Lab english p2 worksheet as my nephew is having tuition at the center... wow very high standard and chimmmmm
I always felt Learning Lab are for bright kids who are capable of doing a level or two higher. And yes the boy who scored perfect score was from Learning Lab too. But I also heard about kids who unable to cope in Learning Lab dropping out from the class. -
MMM:
I hope the drop in P5 will still be a passing grade for my girl. Heard about my colleague that her P5 son in another school failed maths. During my time in primary school, don't remember any of the kids ever fail any subjects.
I met my cousin's wife today. Her dd is in P5 this year. She was telling me of the drop in grades during P3 and then the next biggest drop during P5. She mentioned in MBS, there are only 2 top classes, the rest are all mixed together.
This holiday I will be bringing the kids to educational trips. I stopped all enrichment classes during the holidays. The kids have worked hard and there are many ways to learning too. Science is a subject that must be of an interest to the kid. I myself hated science all the way to sec 4. When I saw my girl science exam paper, the questions were not just about what you learn in the textbooks but write what you have learnt. The kid must have the ability to analyse the questions. A bit tought for a P3 kid but I think by P4 they should be able to do it. Sigh, I wonder whether my boy can handle science next year *worry*. -
Hi Jsmum,
I also hated science
For some reason, I recalled scoring 98/100 for my P3 science and it just went downhill after that. I am just not receptive to the subject. Now in my job, I am surrounded by scientists all the time. Just find that they are a different breed but fortunately nice and patient people.
Most of our enrichment classes by default will stop during hols except for maths and piano. The kids are going for discovery science camp at TNS during hols. The program is run by Dr Seet Ai Mee. This is the 2nd time my girl is doing it. Have you explore that before??? I know MBS distributes the pamphlet for that. I think the prices are quite reasonable for 5 days camp. Definitely cheaper than those BC hol camp :lol: -
Yes, I remember MBS giving out those pamplets abt the camp every year. In fact I never sign up due to logistic reasons. I have known many of my kidsβ classmates who have enrolled in this camp and enjoyed it. But I think bus arrangement is available?
In fact this holiday, I am bringing the kids to Ostrich farm, fruit farm and firefly tour at Desaru. Myself too have not seen a firefly or an Ostrich egg yet. Recently bought the kids to see the mangrove at Pasir Ris and felt amazed by the nature there. What other stuffs can the kids do in Singapore? December holidays is a long holiday and kids will get too bored if stay at home too long.
There will be CA from P3 onwards. From the CA1 (held begining March), you will have a gauge of what to expect in P3.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login