Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 950.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D Offline
      Donald Duck
      last edited by

      dymkoh:
      kittykit:

      Just went to register this morning.

      Admin confirm 44 seats, 57 applicants < 1km at closing time 4.30.
      See u all parents on balloting day, 6 Aug @ 10am.
      Hope to join the MBS family soon.. ๐Ÿ™‚


      see u kittykit!

      I will be going there with my girl. (=



      Kittykit and dymkoh - See both you there too.. I may bring my girl along..

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • D Offline
        dymkoh
        last edited by

        Donald Duck:
        dymkoh:

        [quote=\"kittykit\"]Just went to register this morning.

        Admin confirm 44 seats, 57 applicants < 1km at closing time 4.30.
        See u all parents on balloting day, 6 Aug @ 10am.
        Hope to join the MBS family soon.. ๐Ÿ™‚


        see u kittykit!

        I will be going there with my girl. (=



        Kittykit and dymkoh - See both you there too.. I may bring my girl along..[/quote]((= Hope we can join MBS family.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          chowon
          last edited by

          The Little Cheng Mommy:
          Thanx weetbaby. Actually I just want to 'kapo' what kind of vegetarian food is being sold in the canteen. Haha.


          The reason I'm considering this school is because of our faith and as it has a vegetarian stall. However, I'm also in a HUGE dilemma. I wonder if it's worth registering as it requires a lot of sacrifices. We have to consider moving house to Ubi which means we'll be moving far away from 1. work place. We are currently just 5 mins' drive to work place. 2. In-law hse (10 mins walk to their house & we have dinner there on most days). 3. Younger son's pre-chool 4. Currently enrolled enrichment classes) just to enter this school. Or should I just enroll in a primary school nearby (actually not so nearby also.. need to take public transport to reach school) and bring my kid lunch whenever he has to stay back from school.. however, as I have 2 kids, it'll mean that I will have to keep bringing them food for the next..... 9 years ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข

          But if we don't move house and try our luck at 2B >2km, the distance to MBS is too far. I've rung up the bus company and the uncle told me my kid will be the first to board (10+am) and last to alight (7++pm) :yikes:

          May I know how often do kids have lunch at school these days? During my time, I used to be able to have lunch at home most of the days de ne :roll: :roll:
          If I am not wrong, the vegetarian stall has been closed down.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            The Little Cheng Mommy
            last edited by

            I checked with the security this week and was told there's a vegetarian stall.


            Maybe I will have to double check with school again before I register. :roll:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              kittykit
              last edited by

              dymkoh and Donald Duck, good to see u all!

              I won't bring my son, super stress.. ๐Ÿ™‚
              Buddha bless us and hope we all can join MBS soon!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • MMMM Offline
                MMM
                last edited by

                The Little Cheng Mommy:
                I checked with the security this week and was told there's a vegetarian stall.


                Maybe I will have to double check with school again before I register. :roll:
                There is definitely a vegetarian stall as some of the kids are vegetarian.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • T Offline
                  The Little Cheng Mommy
                  last edited by

                  Thx MMM. I suspect so too. Since itโ€™s a Buddhist sch, there should be a vegetarian food stall.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • lostbunnyL Offline
                    lostbunny
                    last edited by

                    The Little Cheng Mommy:
                    Thx MMM. I suspect so too. Since it's a Buddhist sch, there should be a vegetarian food stall.

                    The vegetarian stall has those vegetarian economic rice as well as those specials like mee Siam, fried rice. It's the Muslim stall that has closed down.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      sweetbaby
                      last edited by

                      lostbunny:
                      The Little Cheng Mommy:

                      Thx MMM. I suspect so too. Since it's a Buddhist sch, there should be a vegetarian food stall.


                      The vegetarian stall has those vegetarian economic rice as well as those specials like mee Siam, fried rice. It's the Muslim stall that has closed down.

                      Yup. There's also a before/after school care nearby that serves vegetarian food, if you are not considering to move nearer. In all, the kids are well behave and compounds are spacious so the kids have great fun during recess.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        The Little Cheng Mommy
                        last edited by

                        Thanx all for your kind inputs.


                        :thankyou:

                        Yes, I've sought of thought through and made up my mind. I think shifting house is just not quite feasible for my family. My son is very reluctant to move house too. And I can't bear to stay far away from my in-laws, they'll be very sad. I will just monitor the situation next year. If like this year, >2km still have chance, will apply. If no chance, then will just go to the nearby school. Come to think of it, going down to school to bring food for my kids is not a bad thing too. The kids will bear in mind that Mommy is always poking her nose around their school and so they will not dare to ไฝœๆ€ช too much. :nunchuk:

                        ไธ€ๅˆ‡้š็ผ˜ใ€‚ไธ่ƒฝๅผบๆฑ‚ใ€‚ๅฎถๅ’Œไธ‡ไบ‹ๅ…ดใ€‚ :grphug:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 220
                        • 221
                        • 222
                        • 223
                        • 224
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 222 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy