Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 949.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      chasingjelly
      last edited by

      I also notice that there is more work for CL and very very relax for EL and MA. When I flipped through the Y09 SA papers, I had a shock. It is so easy compared to the other sch’s papers.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        vlim
        last edited by

        Heard from a parent of another school that her dd has a lot of Maths homework....so probably that school emphasize alot on Maths... and for mbs, being a sap school, it need to up keep the high chinese standard... :idea:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • MMMM Offline
          MMM
          last edited by

          vlim:
          my dd is in cl3. Every thursday she would have sin peng you homework...but every thursday she also has two hrs of English tuition at night...so kind of tiring and rush for her. Every tuesday( her ting sie day) morning she would insist me to test her ting sie again before I go to work. Maths not much school homework and English almost none except spelling which she has no problem so far ...Which chinese class is your ds in? Just had gathering with my JC friends and coincidentally 2 of them also intend to send their kids to MBS...yes! 😄

          That's great that your friends are keen on MBS too :lol: Are they alumni?

          Actually, I feel MBS homework is really manageable even for my P3 whose class is behind schedule..... It appeared to be \"extended\" honeymoon period for them. I had expected a significant surge in level of homework.... Dunno good or bad.... different parents have different expectations :roll:

          In our case, I feel that most of our time are on Enopi homeworks (he usually spend 2 evenings on that) as well as learning those spelling, tingxie. I will ask him to do assessment on free evenings.

          He is currently in CL8 but his chinese level is ........Need alot of reinforcement type to make it happen. Eg. they have the recent CL test that will now form part of final results.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • MMMM Offline
            MMM
            last edited by

            chasingjelly:
            I also notice that there is more work for CL and very very relax for EL and MA. When I flipped through the Y09 SA papers, I had a shock. It is so easy compared to the other sch's papers.

            But if you look at the CL paper, so far I feel that it is one of the most difficult. Eg. they will have the character and ask kids to identify the specific stroke is which no. Most schools don't have that. I am currently letting my P3 do CA papers from top schools and again the same observation, MBS CL paper has a wider scope than other top schools. So I feel that doing other top schools is insufficient to prepare her.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • V Offline
              vlim
              last edited by

              one of my friend’s husband studied in MBS before and the other one is because her husband joins Buddhist federation…

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                chasingjelly
                last edited by

                MMM:
                chasingjelly:

                I also notice that there is more work for CL and very very relax for EL and MA. When I flipped through the Y09 SA papers, I had a shock. It is so easy compared to the other sch's papers.


                But if you look at the CL paper, so far I feel that it is one of the most difficult. Eg. they will have the character and ask kids to identify the specific stroke is which no. Most schools don't have that. I am currently letting my P3 do CA papers from top schools and again the same observation, MBS CL paper has a wider scope than other top schools. So I feel that doing other top schools is insufficient to prepare her.

                ah yes... i was refering to ma and el only. the cl paper do hv a wider scope.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • MMMM Offline
                  MMM
                  last edited by

                  chasingjelly:
                  ah yes... i was refering to ma and el only. the cl paper do hv a wider scope.

                  For MA, my personal observation is that it is average standard. It is not as tricky as some of the other top schools. On the other hand, it's not that super straight forward too eg. 1+1 = 2 type questions. But I heard from another mum that this is not the case for upper primary.

                  Meanwhile for EL.... yes I think P1 std is so so. P2 questions are puzzling as in I am not sure how to prepare my kids. It's different from the std paper out there :roll: Ok for P3, I think it appears to be normal std. Eg. the typical vocab/ grammar questions.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    chasingjelly
                    last edited by

                    thanks mmm… it is always good to hear from experienced moms.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • V Offline
                      vlim
                      last edited by

                      I feel that MBS is aiming to build a good academic foundation for the pupils so the work given is 'not very' hard in p1 and p2 instead they are working towards to make sure the pupils understand the fundamental and so as to have a good start and good foundation base...(if I am not wrong).. 😄

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MMMM Offline
                        MMM
                        last edited by

                        So far I’ve a good impression for lower pri as I feel that the school iso forsaking the weaker students, teachers will spend alot more efforts on them. Eg. teachers spending time on remedial lessons, CL classes for weaker students are significantly smaller so that they can get more attention from the teachers,etc… In "good" classes, the class size can go up to 40 but in "weaker" class, I heard around 20 so kids get more attention which is not necessarily a bad thing.


                        However, I am not sure if the same can be said for upper pri as still too early to tell. But from P3 onwards, MBS does practise having the best class which I heard from some mums that this class is taught alot more that than the normal classes, etc… Nevertheless, this appeared to be common for all schools (including neighbourhood schools).

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 44
                        • 45
                        • 46
                        • 47
                        • 48
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 46 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy