Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 950.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      chasingjelly
      last edited by

      MMM:
      vlim:

      Today she very happily told me that Mrs Lim, the principal, pat or touch her shoulder, after bowing and greeting her and the vice principal while the class pupils were walking towards their next destination...emmm so loving... :love:


      :lol: I also saw her talking to those graduates who came back to visit during CNY celebration. Those kids are in Mansjusri. So she appeared to be a approachable principal. But different parents have different expectations so it's hard to please everyone πŸ˜‰

      No doubts abt it that she has done very well in bringing out the motto of the school. Of course, some parents will expect more because it is afterall a sap school.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • MMMM Offline
        MMM
        last edited by

        Yah.... personally I do hear differing views from other parents. Eg. after 2009 PSLE results put in by MBS,etc... There are always remarks that standard has dropped or principal is not aggressive enough in promoting the MBS overall standard,etc... So yes it's really difficult to please everybody.


        Personally, I think they did a good job in defining who they are and their motto 2 years back. Eg. a premier SAP school..... I didn't hear that during my girl's P1 orientation. This gives me a impression of yes, they are finally taking stock of what their key assets are and I do hope they build the school further based on that.

        But for us, our wish is that the kids enjoy learning, enjoy school and eventually manage to do well enough to go to a good secondary school. That would make us very happy. πŸ™

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • V Offline
          vlim
          last edited by

          hi MMM,

          I would like to know what do kids learn in enopi maths enrichment class..tempting to send my dd to maths enrichment as she not very good in calculation and doesnt' seem to have great interest in the maths assessment which I give her... 😞

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • C Offline
            chasingjelly
            last edited by

            MMM:
            Yah.... personally I do hear differing views from other parents. Eg. after 2009 PSLE results put in by MBS,etc... There are always remarks that standard has dropped or principal is not aggressive enough in promoting the MBS overall standard,etc... So yes it's really difficult to please everybody.

            But I am very sure that these batch of pupils under this P's system will enjoy and love school more. They will bring along with them fond memories of primary school life. I have witness this with those single sex mission schools. Very relax system but the kids are happy as the school load is manageable.

            vlim,

            My dd has been doing enopi for 1yr+ but she still makes careless mistakes. πŸ˜›

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • V Offline
              vlim
              last edited by

              ok thanks chasejelly... my dd spend most of time doing school chinese homework, ting sie and chinese tuition homework..and attending 2 ballet lessons per week... so not much time for maths assessment .... 😞

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • MMMM Offline
                MMM
                last edited by

                vlim:
                hi MMM,

                I would like to know what do kids learn in enopi maths enrichment class..tempting to send my dd to maths enrichment as she not very good in calculation and doesnt' seem to have great interest in the maths assessment which I give her... 😞
                Hi vlim,

                Just some reference in terms of what my P2 is doing for his enopi currently :
                1) Multiplication
                235 X 9 = (hundreds * ones). I can't recall if he/ my P3 is currently doing hundreds * tens.

                2) Division
                135 / 5 =
                He struggled with this for weeks as they were given homework every week (around 3 booklets). You can see his frustration everytime he has to do it. He finally overcome this and he become more confident and the speed also increase. In doing so, it helped to reinforce his times table. My kids didn't rote learn times table. Fil kept nagging... must get them to rote learn but I was like I rather they learn through rationalisation though it takes time to add that way. :roll:

                His Enopi teacher also introduced simple fraction to him.

                It is very much like kumon - worksheet based. But there are heuristic portion in Enopi which is clearly lacking in kumon. Every week they have to do critical thinking portion which sort of frustrates him as he is more arithmetic type (not sure if that's because he started our with kumon initially).

                Comparing to what school is teaching, I think the scope he is doing is ahead of what they are learning currently. But yes I agree with chasingjelly, he is still making careless mistakes. Eg. don't read question properly and jump to conclusions immediately by picking up numbers from eg. problem sums. So this is the challenge we've with him currently. It's not that he don't know, it's the careless mistakes that caused him the marks.

                But one observation about Enopi is that the worksheets are very colorful and there are some maths concept comic strips.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • MMMM Offline
                  MMM
                  last edited by

                  vlim:
                  my dd spend most of time doing school chinese homework

                  Actually, what kind of CL homework is she given by school?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • MMMM Offline
                    MMM
                    last edited by

                    Hi vlim,


                    Just to share this is what I am doing with my P2 currently. We’ve a 2 hours nightly study time on weekdays.

                    Monday - Tues School homework (should not be more than 1 hour)
                    Learn tingxie for tuition and school
                    Enopi homework
                    On the average, he takes 2 evenings to complete.

                    Wed - friday Learn english spelling
                    School homework (if any)
                    Chinese compo exercise by tuition teacher
                    British council homework
                    These 2 weeks seems manageable, so I will also ask him to do other assessment. He needs to do work until at least 9.30pm before I will release him.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • E Offline
                      etweel
                      last edited by

                      Hi MMM, jsmum,


                      Thanks for your encouragement and advice. I was lucky that her K2 teacher prepared her very well and hence she’s managing ok so far. Hope for the best.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • V Offline
                        vlim
                        last edited by

                        MMM:
                        vlim:

                        my dd spend most of time doing school chinese homework


                        Actually, what kind of CL homework is she given by school?

                        the school homeworks are mainly sin peng you, learning ting sie and some others ...
                        As I have a p5 kid so I can't 'give all my time' coaching her...so emmm..and of course she need computer time and tv time....

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 49
                        • 50
                        • 51
                        • 52
                        • 53
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 51 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy