Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 950.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 2 Offline
      2818
      last edited by

      Now that I know CL11 is the best class in P2 then how about the others like CL 9, 8 and so on? Can someone enlighten me on the cl classes for P2, how it goes? I am quite upset by the arrangement made for P2G class which my boy is in. The FT is new and all subjects’ teachers is new and the poor kids have to go thru changes again once the assigned FT come back from her ML later.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • 7 Offline
        7788
        last edited by

        2818 - the kids are assigned to different CL classes based on their p1 overall CL results. not sure if CL1 is the weakest class though. usually better classes will have more kids and weaker classes less kids so that the latter can have more attention from the teachers.


        don’t dismay, new teacher does not necessarily mean no good. no choice now cos we as parents also can’t do anything. just pray hard the teachers are okay. kids can adapt very fast so don’t worry.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          chasingjelly
          last edited by

          I am not sure if this applies for P2. When I spoke to her teacher last year after SA1, she mentioned that the cohort is split into 2 clusters. Therefore, there were 2 ‘best’ CL classes in P1. Then again, that was based on HYPY so we can’t say those kids are really the best. I am sure there were many of them getting more than 96%. My dd was in CL9 and there were also close to 40 kids in that class. I didn’t find her CL tr engaging and encouraging, imo. In fact, I find that her 1st CL tr (the SM) was better and more interactive. Thankfully, she is now her CL tr this year.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • 2 Offline
            2818
            last edited by

            chasingjelly:
            I am not sure if this applies for P2. When I spoke to her teacher last year after SA1, she mentioned that the cohort is split into 2 clusters. Therefore, there was 2 'best' CL classes in P1. Then again, that was based on HYPY so we can't say those kids are really the best. I am sure there were many of them getting more than 96%. My dd was in CL9 and there were also close to 40 kids in that class. I didn't find her CL tr engaging and encouraging, imo. In fact, I find that her 1st CL tr (the SM) was better and more interactive. Thankfully, she is now her CL tr this year.

            Thank you for sharing. May I know who is the SM on CL or SM on CL for P2.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • MMMM Offline
              MMM
              last edited by

              chasingjelly:
              I am not sure if this applies for P2. When I spoke to her teacher last year after SA1, she mentioned that the cohort is split into 2 clusters. Therefore, there was 2 'best' CL classes in P1. Then again, that was based on HYPY so we can't say those kids are really the best. I am sure there were many of them getting more than 96%. My dd was in CL9 and there were also close to 40 kids in that class. I didn't find her CL tr engaging and encouraging, imo. In fact, I find that her 1st CL tr (the SM) was better and more interactive. Thankfully, she is now her CL tr this year.

              Yes, I also do not think that the \"best\" CL class is necessary the best for the kid. Yes, good CL class can have up to 40 :shock: Meanwhile for child who are weaker, the class size is alot smaller. I think this is good initiative as the school don't neglect child who are weak.

              I do not think they learnt alot more stuff in top CL as compared to average class. The spelling list, etc.... are the same. I compared this with another parent. Supposed top CL class and average CL class. All spelling list are the same.

              In terms of teachers, I don't think MBS only dedicate \"good\" teachers to best CL classes. My girl's classmate who is in a CL class for \"weaker\" kids had a very good CL teacher who used to teach best CL class.

              My P3 boy's CL teacher this year taught the best CL class in P3 last year. So from that observation, I think the school does not discriminate.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • 7 Offline
                7788
                last edited by

                apart from the class size, the only difference is that the better classes will move on a faster pace. the teachers also have higher expectation of them.


                anyway, it doesn’t really matter which CL class the kids go to. most importantly is they must have chemistry with their teachers and enjoy their lessons.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • lostbunnyL Offline
                  lostbunny
                  last edited by

                  7788, my DS is in 2G.


                  I think this year the school did some restructuring or what. A parent told me today that her DD’s English teacher is also teaching her DD Maths this year. This teacher is also the form teacher of that class.

                  2818, our DS’ p1 English teacher is also teaching Maths this year!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    chasingjelly
                    last edited by

                    lostbunny:
                    My first impression was parade????? :? Then I forgot to ask them. Will check with them tomorrow.


                    Can't believe it... It's only 1st day at school and I can feel my stress level raising :roll:
                    MMM, thanks in advance for checking. I just read from the Pei Hwa thread that they also have this FTGP subject.[/quote]

                    Btw, I asked my gf who is a tr in another school. She mentioned that FTGP is a bonding period for the form teacher with his / her form class. MOE will be sending a set of program to the schools for the teachers to follow.

                    hth

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      adbie
                      last edited by

                      7788:
                      lostbunny - my boy is in 2e. your kid?


                      blurblursahm - which mrs teo? is it mrs annie teo?

                      chasingjelly - usually the lower primary top CL class has kids with 96 marks and above. but CL10 should also be considered a very good class. which class is your dd in?
                      hi 7788, my dd is in 2E too. nice to meet you.

                      for chinese, she's in CL9. i'm quite sure it isn't the best. 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        adbie
                        last edited by

                        if anyone is interested:


                        out of the top 41 pupils who scored 250 & above in the 2010 PSLE, 19 are from class 6H and 17 are from 6I. (this means top pupils from P5 are likely grouped into 2 classes in P6, which should have around 60 pupils in total?)

                        11 in 6H scored 260 and above, which is the COP of RGS.

                        8 in 6I scored likewise.

                        3 from each class scored 263 and above, which is the COP of Nanyang Girls’.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 87
                        • 88
                        • 89
                        • 90
                        • 91
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 89 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        OLCTO
                        OLCT
                        sharonkhooS
                        sharonkhoo

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy