Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Corporation Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    981 Posts 59 Posters 313.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      Kabby
      last edited by

      bluesky_cn:

      At least now u 've gone thru the P1 registration process. Next year will be my turn. OHOH so kiasu ^^ . I'm now preparing all needed documents and really busy and headache with all stuff. International stu. like my ds don't need ballotting right? Is it a must that my ds to complete immunisation in S'pore? Can I create an account in advance for later payments? πŸ˜“
      I can empathise with you fully!

      For all 3 kids, I just followed the list given to me by the hosp when they were born. I don't do them on time, mostly delayed, but by P1, all will be done, so i didn't read the part on jabs carefully. maybe you can look at MOE website?

      As for bank account, i am sure you can set one up when u r here. That;s what i did when we were overseas too, easier to handle.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        bluesky_cn
        last edited by

        tjm:
        bluesky_cn:


        At least now u 've gone thru the P1 registration process. Next year will be my turn. OHOH so kiasu ^^ . I'm now preparing all needed documents and really busy and headache with all stuff. International stu. like my ds don't need ballotting right? Is it a must that my ds to complete immunisation in S'pore? Can I create an account in advance for later payments? πŸ˜“

        I can empathise with you fully! Cos when we went overseas (hubby's work), I had to fill in all those forms and also get medical check ups and visas done too. Big big hassle. But that time my kids were young so I didn't need to worry about Pr schools yet.

        For CPS, i think u don't need to ballot. As for immunisation, I think some are compulsory but not that sure which ones, anyone knws?

        For all 3 kids, I just followed the list given to me by the hosp when they were born. I don't do them on time, mostly delayed, but by P1, all will be done, so i didn't read the part on jabs carefully. maybe you can look at MOE website?

        As for bank account, i am sure you can set one up when u r here. That;s what i did when we were overseas too, easier to handle.

        U r such a kind person, tjm. Thanks for sharing me those things. I read many threads in this forum that abt 20% is international studs in CPS, hopefully, my ds will get along well with his classmates in the future and keep up with studying pro. here

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          Kabby
          last edited by

          bluesky,


          my pleasure to help. many people helped me in this forum when i needed the info last yr too. we're paying it forward.

          i am learning a lot too, from champion. i hope more parents with kids in older levels will join in too. there are a few who pmed me and i asked them to share, but it seems they haven't \"appeared\".

          yup, quite a diverse group in CPS. i like diversity. πŸ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • K Offline
            Kabby
            last edited by

            LKVM:

            Thanks dear but I am travelling and will not be able to attend the orientation... I have spoken to the school and they were quite nice.. said i can cum later and collect all the stuff and also they will show my son ard just that he will be alone πŸ˜‰

            When I cum to know bout the teacher will PM u thanks :celebrate:
            Oh that's nice of the school.

            Don't worry, your son will make many new friends soon enough!

            btw, my son just brought home the class photos ytd. very cute, all the p1 kids. haha. From the last names/ surnames of his friends, it seems the class is very international indeed!

            There are Burmese, Japanese, Filipino, PRC, Indonesian and some others I can't even be sure. Perhaps Eurasian or Indian or sth. The best thing is ds1 doesn't seem to realise his friends are from different countries or perhaps have mixed parentage.

            To him, they are all his friends. Cos when I asked him, he doesn't know, and doesn't care.

            My niece and nephew are from mixed parentage too, so I am just more interested in such groups. πŸ™‚

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              AuntieKiasi
              last edited by

              Champion:
              btw champion and lkvm, i read the link on ksp home page under education news about MOE appointing new principals and CPS is going to have a new P.


              she's from Wellington Pri before this. hope she'll maybe intro more CCAs or enrichment? also hope the school can maintain good discipline.

              I asked my son and he said ya, the school did announce that Mrs Chin will be leaving the school. She'll be P at another school next yr. my son likes her, say she walks around the canteen during recess time talking to them.
              Hi Hi tjm,
              Nice to hear from you again :imanisland:

              Yes, my girl also told me that there will be a change in new principal but she forgotten what's the name of the new p πŸ˜‰ .

              Hope to see an improvement esp in the adminstrative part :D[/quote]

              Hi all from Corporation Pri,

              Good luck to all of you with Elsie as your new principal. I'm sorry Elsie Lim if this hurts.. you led Wellington to doldrums. Most parents are happy to see Elsie go. So good luck to all in Corporation. Mind you under her, we have kids sent to children's prison (boys town) so how good is her leadership, you can guess.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                Champion
                last edited by

                Hi all from Corporation Pri,


                Good luck to all of you with Elsie as your new principal. I'm sorry Elsie Lim if this hurts.. you led Wellington to doldrums. Most parents are happy to see Elsie go. So good luck to all in Corporation. Mind you under her, we have kids sent to children's prison (boys town) so how good is her leadership, you can guess.[/quote]

                Hi Auntiekiasi,
                The new P for Corporation Pri is the current V-P of Wellington Pri - Mdm Sambwani Vimi Dail and not Mrs Elsie Lim. Pls see this linkhttp://http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files/2010/annex-a-principal-posting.pdf

                P.S. - I have dropped you a P.M.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • A Offline
                  AuntieKiasi
                  last edited by

                  Champion:
                  Hi all from Corporation Pri,


                  Good luck to all of you with Elsie as your new principal. I'm sorry Elsie Lim if this hurts.. you led Wellington to doldrums. Most parents are happy to see Elsie go. So good luck to all in Corporation. Mind you under her, we have kids sent to children's prison (boys town) so how good is her leadership, you can guess.
                  Hi Auntiekiasi,
                  The new P for Corporation Pri is the current V-P of Wellington Pri - Mdm Sambwani Vimi Dail and not Mrs Elsie Lim. Pls see this linkhttp://http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files/2010/annex-a-principal-posting.pdf

                  P.S. - I have dropped you a P.M.[/quote]
                  Sorry to all from Corporatiion Primary, Mdm Vimi was not principal of Wellington. She is receiving training here. She is new, very new. Zero experience. Once again sorry to all in Corporation primary..misunderstanding here. :oops: I thought you were refering to Elsie. Forgive please. πŸ™

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    Kabby
                    last edited by

                    AuntieKiasi:
                    Champion:

                    Hi all from Corporation Pri,


                    Sorry to all from Corporatiion Primary, Mdm Vimi was not principal of Wellington. She is receiving training here. She is new, very new. Zero experience. Once again sorry to all in Corporation primary..misunderstanding here. :oops: I thought you were refering to Elsie. Forgive please. πŸ™

                    hi, thanks for your post.

                    hmmm... we can only wait and see, i guess... and hope for the best!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      AuntieKiasi
                      last edited by

                      tjm:
                      AuntieKiasi:

                      [quote=\"Champion\"]Hi all from Corporation Pri,


                      Sorry to all from Corporatiion Primary, Mdm Vimi was not principal of Wellington. She is receiving training here. She is new, very new. Zero experience. Once again sorry to all in Corporation primary..misunderstanding here. :oops: I thought you were refering to Elsie. Forgive please. πŸ™

                      hi, thanks for your post.

                      hmmm... we can only wait and see, i guess... and hope for the best!

                      [/quote]Thnx for forviveness. All the best to everyone in Corporation Primary.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • summergemS Offline
                        summergem
                        last edited by

                        Hi Expatmom,


                        My gal is going to be in the class 1.3 next year too…

                        Hi all, this is my first child, so i would like to know where do you all buy the school bags for ur child? any recommendations where there is alot of choices.

                        Tks.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 98
                        • 99
                        • 11 / 99
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy