Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Hong Wen

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.9k Posts 174 Posters 727.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      SAHM_TAN
      last edited by

      lionheart:


      The program is a supplementary program for children whom are have problem when learning English. E.g. a child has difficulty in coping or learning phonics LSP program is meant to help these children.
      They are teaching phonics in P1?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        hquek
        last edited by

        DS1 told me that during english class, the LSP teacher will come by to ‘collect’ the children selected - so my guess is that the kids in LSP attend a separate english class whilst the rest undergoes the non-LSP english class, ie this is not done outside of school hours.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          hquek
          last edited by

          SAHM_TAN:

          I just hope I can get my DD in via phase 2B this year. Can't believe it, 3 more months plus plus, it will be P1 registration..........time flies by so fast. It seems like I only gave birth to her yesterday 😢
          Completing your hours soon? Good luck and keep up the hard work. Would be really nice to see you in school!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            lionheart
            last edited by

            SAHM_TAN:
            lionheart:



            The program is a supplementary program for children whom are have problem when learning English. E.g. a child has difficulty in coping or learning phonics LSP program is meant to help these children.

            They are teaching phonics in P1?

            Please be sensitve.. we have students that cant even spell APPLE.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              SAHM_TAN
              last edited by

              hquek:
              SAHM_TAN:


              I just hope I can get my DD in via phase 2B this year. Can't believe it, 3 more months plus plus, it will be P1 registration..........time flies by so fast. It seems like I only gave birth to her yesterday 😢

              Completing your hours soon? Good luck and keep up the hard work. Would be really nice to see you in school!

              I'm on my last 100 m dash now. It's a challenge, with baby \"koala\" and the older kids in the PM session. Once I crossed the finish line, I will take a photo of the time-sheet, print it and frame it :lol:

              Ya, hopefully can see you in school. Then we will high five :boogie:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SAHM_TAN
                last edited by

                Hi mummies,


                During the hols, you might want to bring your kids to this free event. It showcase art crafts from Sri Lanka, Cambodia and Pakistan. There are dance performances too. Here's the link to the details:

                http://www.act3international.com.sg/eblast/coa2011/coa2011.htm

                The school celebrates International Friendship day, so this would be a nice prelude to the celebration in school

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • L Offline
                  lionheart
                  last edited by

                  SAHM_TAN:
                  hquek:

                  [quote=\"SAHM_TAN\"]
                  I just hope I can get my DD in via phase 2B this year. Can't believe it, 3 more months plus plus, it will be P1 registration..........time flies by so fast. It seems like I only gave birth to her yesterday 😢

                  Completing your hours soon? Good luck and keep up the hard work. Would be really nice to see you in school!

                  I'm on my last 100 m dash now. It's a challenge, with baby \"koala\" and the older kids in the PM session. Once I crossed the finish line, I will take a photo of the time-sheet, print it and frame it :lol:

                  Ya, hopefully can see you in school. Then we will high five :boogie:[/quote]Your case is fine.. i learnt still got a handfull with double-digit hours (15+hrs) to finish.. i worry for these parents.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    SAHM_TAN
                    last edited by

                    lionheart:
                    SAHM_TAN:

                    [quote=\"lionheart\"]

                    The program is a supplementary program for children whom are have problem when learning English. E.g. a child has difficulty in coping or learning phonics LSP program is meant to help these children.

                    They are teaching phonics in P1?

                    Please be sensitve.. we have students that cant even spell APPLE.[/quote]You misunderstood. I'm asking they teach phonics in school in the context of they use this method to teach English? Phonics can be used beyond K2.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • L Offline
                      lionheart
                      last edited by

                      I am working with School to have HWS to join Dads for Life..


                      http://dadsforlife.sg/index.php


                      In order to roll-out the program, i plan to have an event where Dad (only dad hor) will spend some time with their kid in an outdoor program, adventure trail.. or anything that is between Dad - child..


                      Hope to see some show of support from mommies and daddies before we go for it. Before i brave the application process..

                      Feedback also welcome too..

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        SAHM_TAN
                        last edited by

                        lionheart:
                        SAHM_TAN:

                        [quote=\"hquek\"]
                        Completing your hours soon? Good luck and keep up the hard work. Would be really nice to see you in school!

                        I'm on my last 100 m dash now. It's a challenge, with baby \"koala\" and the older kids in the PM session. Once I crossed the finish line, I will take a photo of the time-sheet, print it and frame it :lol:

                        Ya, hopefully can see you in school. Then we will high five :boogie:

                        Your case is fine.. i learnt still got a handfull with double-digit hours (15+hrs) to finish.. i worry for these parents.[/quote]I'm staying beyond 2km, 2 mrt stops from school, so for me, finishing the 40 hrs will be the first hurdle to cross. Once registration starts, I will only relax when school confirm a place for my DD.

                        Those double-digits ones, did you include / exclude those confirmed with activities in Apr / May?

                        When there's a will, there's a way 😄

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 71
                        • 72
                        • 73
                        • 74
                        • 75
                        • 293
                        • 294
                        • 73 / 294
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy