Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Hong Wen

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.9k Posts 174 Posters 727.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N Offline
      nissin
      last edited by

      verykiasumummy:
      SAHM_TAN:

      [quote=\"verykiasumummy\"]
      hi sahm_tan,

      my youngest boy is clever but lazy, realyl lazy i must say... he can use like 3hrs to complete his xi zi (chi practice writing). my 2 elder sons are not as clever so i got to look at them closely to teach them question by question.. really very tired after a day to look out for him..

      if there is any chi center around that i can leave my son there to do his hw daily, that would be good... he hates chi and tat's why i wanted him to study in hongwen... there r more traditional chi students there than other christian schools...

      Yes it is also a challenge when trying to engage a clever child. If it is something they know, they might not be as motivated to complete it, especially when need to repeat it several times. When I visit Boon Keng during wkend breakfast, I don't seem to see much of what you require. I know that in Toa Payoh there's CDAC, but might be too far for you. The only student care that I know is the one in HWS.

      wow toa payoh is too far i think, for my son to travel there n back wastes alot of time. i just hate to say but its really tiring for me especially when i myself still got a biz to take care. any mummies here can suggest what i can do??

      the one in HWS i'm not tat keen. i heard that the asst are very fierce, they can shout suddenly n most of the time just to shut the mouth of the students... it could be a torture to other students if they are those quiet ones... so innocent but got a shock because of the shoutings... what else can i do?[/quote]There is an after-sch-care at Blk 85 Whampoa Drive, by My First Skool(Former NTUC child care). Its juz opp HWS.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • N Offline
        nissin
        last edited by

        1 thing I like abt HWS is that I feel that the sch and the teacher-in-charge of the pv are very considerate, as in they are really into finding activities for the pv…some schs I heard are like"vampires", "exploiting" the parents time etc. I heard some require 80hrs instead of 40hrs.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          hquek
          last edited by

          nissin:
          1 thing I like abt HWS is that I feel that the sch and the teacher-in-charge of the pv are very considerate, as in they are really into finding activities for the pv...some schs I heard are like\"vampires\", \"exploiting\" the parents time etc. I heard some require 80hrs instead of 40hrs.

          Quite true in that they help parents who are keen achieve the timing. And yes, I have heard of some where they indiscriminately take in PVs only, and then parents end in disappointment when they don't manage to fulfil the timing (despite calling up and asking for jobs to do).

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • V Offline
            Vez
            last edited by

            simsl_sg:
            may i know where do we enquire on school bus service or the places they pick up? though i stay walking distance of 15mins walk to school but might still need school bus as HW is rather 'deep' inside. Any parents who stay nearby and engage in school bus, can share the rough cost. Thanks

            DD taking school bus. $70 for 2 ways. Don't know price vary from distance or not cos i stay quite a distance away.

            Taking school us which means kid has to wake up earlier. But if raining, u will be glad tt they are taking school bus so they wont get wet.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              hquek
              last edited by

              Vez:
              simsl_sg:

              may i know where do we enquire on school bus service or the places they pick up? though i stay walking distance of 15mins walk to school but might still need school bus as HW is rather 'deep' inside. Any parents who stay nearby and engage in school bus, can share the rough cost. Thanks


              DD taking school bus. $70 for 2 ways. Don't know price vary from distance or not cos i stay quite a distance away.

              Taking school us which means kid has to wake up earlier. But if raining, u will be glad tt they are taking school bus so they wont get wet.

              But remember that if they have cca or remedial, I'm not sure if school bus will cater. HWS I am not sure; but I hear other schools that have kids staying back - the school bus will leave without them at the same timing. Parents have to either pay extra (? this is pure guesswork) or make other arrangements for days when their kids stay back.

              This was a reason why I didn't opt for school bus. Parents in the know - appreciate your feedback.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SAHM_TAN
                last edited by

                hquek:

                Quite true in that they help parents who are keen achieve the timing. And yes, I have heard of some where they indiscriminately take in PVs only, and then parents end in disappointment when they don't manage to fulfil the timing (despite calling up and asking for jobs to do).
                My friend's case worse, not only was the dateline for application much earlier than other schools, but when she called to ask about the PV, she was told to wait till Dec. She waited and no news, so she called after Dec, guess what, the staff told her they have enough PV and she was not accepted. I was like ?????, there was no balloting or interview, so I also don't know how the school decide which application to keep and which is considered as not neccessary.

                I find HW has the most heart in dealing with PVs 😄

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • V Offline
                  Vez
                  last edited by

                  hquek:
                  I'm not sure if school bus will cater.

                  Yes... at 4.30pm @ $1.50/trip

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    hquek
                    last edited by

                    Vez:
                    hquek:

                    I'm not sure if school bus will cater.


                    Yes... at 4.30pm @ $1.50/trip

                    Thanks much, this is good to know. Amount is quite fair also.

                    another pro for HWS, the bus operator charges are reasonable (not scary at all)

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jo_chua_lim
                      last edited by

                      verykiasumummy:
                      Then should complaint and shut the teachers mouth instead! How could a teacher believe in this way??? Anyway i think must depends on which teacher (not all the same), my gal is at HWS after school care which i don't see problem on the teacher who taking care of her.

                      i didnt hear or see it myself... i heard from my neighbour's son actually.. of cos if u r there, the teachers wun shout.. but again, becos its in the sch, my son dun like to stay there for long.. it'll be good if they can go to another plc not too far from the sch... what do u think?

                      can u share if ur daughter is having tuition? is the tutor good?[/quote]

                      The teacher in-charge of taking of my gal, so far so good. She will guide them do their homework and weekly spelling.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        keenDaddy
                        last edited by

                        hquek:
                        That's great news for PVs! I see there are a lot more traffic wardens now - although a couple of newbie wardens I'm a bit wary becos their signaling skill still being honed. I personally don't think I can do as good job as them but then, I am more careful driving becos I\"m not sure what to expect. 😛


                        Still kudos to these for waking up so early to make sure the roads are safe for pedestrians, drivers and cyclists alike!! Xie xie!
                        Yes, parents pls drive slowly and keep a watch out for the HW kids....

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 77
                        • 78
                        • 79
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 293
                        • 294
                        • 79 / 294
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy