Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Hong Wen

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.9k Posts 174 Posters 727.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      SAHM_TAN
      last edited by

      hquek:
      once I made spaghetti and it was returned practically untouched. Since then I've scaled down on ambition and just stick to fish fingers + cheese. Our friend won't even take ham at times, so not going to try ham sandwich. :stupid: :stupid:

      What does he eat at home for lunch and dinner?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        hquek
        last edited by

        SAHM_TAN:
        Hi,


        For a typical school day, without CCA, students will be in school at 715am, may I know what time is the recess for P1 and when they will be released from school?

        Think I have to condition DD during Dec hols. She's been in the PM sessions for kindy.
        With/out cca, school starts I think around 7.25am (am not sure) but students are encouraged to be in school by 7.10am becos they have all sorts of pre-assembly stuff to do (silent reading, someone saying something on stage).

        Recess I think is 9.35am. Release is 1.35pm on Mon-Thursday, Friday is 12.35pm (thereabouts, it's earlier, that's all I know).

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          hquek
          last edited by

          SAHM_TAN:
          hquek:

          once I made spaghetti and it was returned practically untouched. Since then I've scaled down on ambition and just stick to fish fingers + cheese. Our friend won't even take ham at times, so not going to try ham sandwich. :stupid: :stupid:


          What does he eat at home for lunch and dinner?

          I understand my mum makes porridge for him during lunch. night is rice. He'll only take steamed egg, ah-gong's pork chops, some luncheon meat. This is a very 'cheap' kid, but I try to supplement with fish oil/vitamins becos he's so obviously missing out on food vitamins.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • V Offline
            Vez
            last edited by

            hquek:
            Come to think of it, he doesn't refuse to buy from canteen - but he'll only eat onion rings, bags of unknown (I think it's snacks/crisps type). none of that rice/noodles thing for him. :roll:

            Didn't know their school canteen selling tibits. Have your child patronise the bookshop already???

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              hquek
              last edited by

              Vez:
              hquek:

              Come to think of it, he doesn't refuse to buy from canteen - but he'll only eat onion rings, bags of unknown (I think it's snacks/crisps type). none of that rice/noodles thing for him. :roll:


              Didn't know their school canteen selling tibits. Have your child patronise the bookshop already???

              No leh, he doesn't seem to fancy the bookstore. All these months he's only spent in total less than $5 in school.

              He tells me usually he'll head straight to library during recess, sometimes may play with friends a bit (but that is rare occasion). Yesterday I think their class were involved in planting some seeds during recess time.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SAHM_TAN
                last edited by

                hquek:
                SAHM_TAN:

                Hi,


                For a typical school day, without CCA, students will be in school at 715am, may I know what time is the recess for P1 and when they will be released from school?

                Think I have to condition DD during Dec hols. She's been in the PM sessions for kindy.

                With/out cca, school starts I think around 7.25am (am not sure) but students are encouraged to be in school by 7.10am becos they have all sorts of pre-assembly stuff to do (silent reading, someone saying something on stage).

                Recess I think is 9.35am. Release is 1.35pm on Mon-Thursday, Friday is 12.35pm (thereabouts, it's earlier, that's all I know).

                Thanks, will need to switch her body clock from afternoon to morning schedule in Dec

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  SAHM_TAN
                  last edited by

                  hquek:
                  once I made spaghetti and it was returned practically untouched. Since then I've scaled down on ambition and just stick to fish fingers + cheese. Our friend won't even take ham at times, so not going to try ham sandwich. :stupid: :stupid:

                  First time I hear a kid does not like ham. I try not to give my kids too much ham because of the salt and preservatives.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    SAHM_TAN
                    last edited by

                    hquek:
                    SAHM_TAN:

                    [quote=\"hquek\"]once I made spaghetti and it was returned practically untouched. Since then I've scaled down on ambition and just stick to fish fingers + cheese. Our friend won't even take ham at times, so not going to try ham sandwich. :stupid: :stupid:


                    What does he eat at home for lunch and dinner?

                    I understand my mum makes porridge for him during lunch. night is rice. He'll only take steamed egg, ah-gong's pork chops, some luncheon meat. This is a very 'cheap' kid, but I try to supplement with fish oil/vitamins becos he's so obviously missing out on food vitamins.[/quote]Yes, he eats very simply. My DH does not \"respect\" my kids eating preferance, he will use his parental resolve to push the food he wants them to eat. I on the other hand use the hiding method. But all might change when they are older. We also give them supplements.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      SAHM_TAN
                      last edited by

                      hquek:


                      No leh, he doesn't seem to fancy the bookstore. All these months he's only spent in total less than $5 in school.
                      Does he save the rest of his pocket money?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        hquek
                        last edited by

                        SAHM_TAN:
                        hquek:



                        No leh, he doesn't seem to fancy the bookstore. All these months he's only spent in total less than $5 in school.

                        Does he save the rest of his pocket money?

                        What pocket money? I prepare food and water bottle for him each day. I do give him some money in a wallet to be put in his bag - since he doesn't touch that money, I see no point to top it up. Don't want to incentivise him by 'earning' mummy's money and eating mummy-prepared food.

                        On eating, we've tried badgering, persuading etc, but it doesn't work. he's been that way since 6 months old. DH tried to force him to eat certain stuff but the mental thought of chewing veges is enough to make DS want to puke; plus too much time is spent on 'coercion'. I was fussy eater when young, so not going to push the issue....in time to come, hopefully he'll eat a wider variety of things.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 83
                        • 84
                        • 85
                        • 86
                        • 87
                        • 293
                        • 294
                        • 85 / 294
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy