Tanjong Katong Primary
-
Hi all,
I've 2 boys who are in TKP, P6 and P5. They enjoy school since day 1 there.
As the school gain popularity in that area, the International mix ratio is getting lower by the years.
Well, be it international mix or not, the teachers there are caring and young. They are easy to communicate with and they heed feedbacks from parents. Teachers give their email to all students, some even HP.
As for method of teaching, they do have out-of-the classroom teaching, so much different from my times of school...
As for bullies, I believed every school do have. But so far, no major incident heard for the past 6 yr there. :xedfingers: -
Eddow:
Thanks for your helpful response. :rahrah:Hi all,
I've 2 boys who are in TKP, P6 and P5. They enjoy school since day 1 there.
As the school gain popularity in that area, the International mix ratio is getting lower by the years.
Well, be it international mix or not, the teachers there are caring and young. They are easy to communicate with and they heed feedbacks from parents. Teachers give their email to all students, some even HP.
As for method of teaching, they do have out-of-the classroom teaching, so much different from my times of school...
As for bullies, I believed every school do have. But so far, no major incident heard for the past 6 yr there. :xedfingers:
Can you elaborate what you mean by teachers heeding feedback from parents i.e. could you give an example?
How much homework do your boys have?
Could you share some pros and cons of the school in your view?
Appreciate that -
Ariesian
I’m registering my boy at TKPS too… Went in to kind of tour the school coz I parked inside… Quite nice environment, kids are happy, curriculum quite good actually looking at the brochure they give to registered parents…spoke to staff and even the VP… Very approachable even for the kids… Yesterday school had a final national soccer match if I’m not wrong… Almost all the teachers n even the VP goes down to support… Hope they win -
Congrats to all parents… Our children went in to TKPS with no stressful balloting

-
LNHQ:
Congrats to all parents.. Our children went in to TKPS with no stressful balloting

Congrats!
:celebrate: -
Thanks for your helpful response. :rahrah:
Can you elaborate what you mean by teachers heeding feedback from parents i.e. could you give an example?
How much homework do your boys have?
Could you share some pros and cons of the school in your view?
Appreciate that[/quote]
Sorry, was busy with kids, didn't get in here.
For homework, I would say is not much for my 2 boys, and they sleep at 9pm. Very little for the lower pri, but as for P4 onwards, it start to adds on.
I've feedback on the traffic to the principal and action was taken.
When kids are in P1 and P2, I'll email Form Teacher and updates on kids behavour, strength and weakness, so FT will know kids well, so easier for them to handle the boys.
As they are in the higher level, feedback mainly on the issue of workload, like more revision worksheets, which area kids are weak in. And so teacher will \"take note\" of it during lesson. And they do, cos they feedback to me during the PTM.
During the PTM, teachers do advice how to help kids in area that they are weak in. If kids are not doing ok in school (in any form), you'll most probably get a call from the teacher..
The latest incident which happen in the 1st term, for my P5 boy class ... there's a student who just lost her dad, affects her studies and behaviour in class. My son raised concerned for her to me as he always play with her. He notice her changes (like not doing her work, late for class in the morning, thus always get scolded by teacher) It indirectly affect him. I talked to the teacher abt it, and teacher had an chat with the student mum and aunt to help her. Teacher also assure me that it'll be handled. Weeks later, my son was so happy when he update me on this little girl.
Other than the school for not having a new building/compound (no school field), I've no complaint about the rest. So far ok la... -
Thanks Eddow
That’s helpful.
I took for granted every school has a school field like every school has a canteen…well, now I know. -
1amber:
The cafe is the first thing that caught my attention. We used to have canteen with wooden benches and tables. TKP cafe is like the miniture of what starbucks's ..Thanks Eddow
That's helpful.
I took for granted every school has a school field like every school has a canteen...well, now I know.
Which phrase will you be registering your kid ? If you check back on the school progress, it's progressing tremendouly over the past fews years...
another point to add.. As the school is a mix of cultures(thou not so much now), the student's Chinese language is not as strong. But the MT teachers are good. -
Eddow:
Miniature Starbucks! :imcool:
The cafe is the first thing that caught my attention. We used to have canteen with wooden benches and tables. TKP cafe is like the miniture of what starbucks's ..1amber:
Thanks Eddow
That's helpful.
I took for granted every school has a school field like every school has a canteen...well, now I know.
Which phrase will you be registering your kid ? If you check back on the school progress, it's progressing tremendouly over the past fews years...
another point to add.. As the school is a mix of cultures(thou not so much now), the student's Chinese language is not as strong. But the MT teachers are good.
M considering Ph2C. DD P1 in 2013. Progress - do you mean the academic progress? I couldn't find any information on the schools academic performance. Can you show me where? Thanks.
You also mention MT teachers are good. Can you elaborate? Sorry to ask so many questions...m really keen to find out more about the school.
:please:
-
Miniature Starbucks! :imcool:
M considering Ph2C. DD P1 in 2013. Progress - do you mean the academic progress? I couldn't find any information on the schools academic performance. Can you show me where? Thanks.
You also mention MT teachers are good. Can you elaborate? Sorry to ask so many questions...m really keen to find out more about the school.
:please:[/quote]
I didn't keep the link and forgot where I saw it. Like you, I was comparing which school to enrol my son in 2006. First choice then was TaoNan, but I was out of the 2km ring. Was comparing Temasek Pri as well, but found that TKP is better
DS1 is not very good in chinese oral, teacher has a 1 to 1 oral practice test after school with him, and point out all his mistakes directly. All students say his MT teacher fierce, but she's good. There's always laughter in her class. Despite being punished to copy lines as he forgot to bring his stuff to school, he still love her lesson daily.
Or would say that kids are luckily to come across such teachers that make lesson non-boring..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login