Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Tanjong Katong Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    267 Posts 108 Posters 163.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      libran269
      last edited by

      Thanks Eddow. I didnt apply for PV. Probably I shall move closer to school, so that I dont run into risk of balloting.


      I have another question - When are they moving to single session. I believe they are starting renovation in 2012. No info on the single session. My dd wil be going to P1 in 2014. And she is an early bird cant adjust to afternoon shifts. Parents please advise.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        libran269
        last edited by

        Thanks Eddow. I didnt apply for PV. Probably I shall move closer to school, so that I dont run into risk of balloting.


        I have another question - When are they moving to single session. I believe they are starting renovation in 2012. No info on the single session. My dd wil be going to P1 in 2014. And she is an early bird cant adjust to afternoon shifts. Parents please advise.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • E Offline
          Eddow
          last edited by

          Hi libran269,


          I'm not sure about the single session. :? Actually is was single session when my boys is in P1. But as the school expands, it was into 2 session 3 yrs back. Maybe you can call the office to ask about it. Or send an email to the school/principal. πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            libran269
            last edited by

            Will do that. Thanks Eddow

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • L Offline
              LNHQ
              last edited by

              Hi, do any parents know whether school will send out book list or class information earlier or on the Orientation Day ? Understand that some schools already sent out information to parents, some of my friends already bought school books too and know their kids class, wondering what’s the school practice like.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • E Offline
                Eddow
                last edited by

                Hi LNHQ,


                You should have been informed of the orientation day on 12th Nov. :rahrah:
                Your child will be informed of their respective class when you are there, and he'll be lead to his class. Parents will attend a briefing in the hall and booklist will be given out on the same day.
                You can then purchase the books and uniforms on the same day itself.
                If I remember correctly, pls bring more cash, don't think you can pay by nets. :moneyflies:
                Everything will be done on that same day.
                Enjoy the orientation.. πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • L Offline
                  LNHQ
                  last edited by

                  Hi Eddow,


                  Thanks for the information πŸ™‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • E Offline
                    Eddow
                    last edited by

                    LNHQ:
                    Hi Eddow,


                    Thanks for the information πŸ™‚
                    You're most welcome.. Hope your child enjoy his stays there... πŸ•Ί πŸ•Ί

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • L Offline
                      LNHQ
                      last edited by

                      I hope so cause we gave up Kong Hwa for this school as we feel he will enjoy more in this school. Out of curiosity are we parents allow to be in school for the first few days to help them settle down ?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • E Offline
                        Eddow
                        last edited by

                        LNHQ:
                        I hope so cause we gave up Kong Hwa for this school as we feel he will enjoy more in this school. Out of curiosity are we parents allow to be in school for the first few days to help them settle down ?

                        The standard of TKP is moving up, so I would not say it is a inferior school compare to Kong Hwa.

                        Although the school encourages parents not to hang around for too long, but πŸ˜‚ Yes you can be in the school cafe area for the first 3 days. But not outside the classrooms.

                        All P1 students will have a buddy attached to them for the first wk or more, depends on the adaptability of your child. The buddy will bring them around the school, introducing the little ones all the places/ corners within the school compound.

                        Remembering my son 6 yrs back..... He shooo me to go home on the 2nd day when I was there during recess. :rotflmao: and tell me no need to go on the 3rd day liao... :spank:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 26
                        • 27
                        • 10 / 27
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy