Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Nan Chiau Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.3k Posts 171 Posters 1.0m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      tweety17
      last edited by

      Every system has its pros and cons. I understand where both sides are coming from. But I think its good that the school can communicate their practice to parents, at least, we know what they are doing, and how we can work hand in hand with them to nurture our children (i believe schools’ aim is the same like all parents, that is, to bring out the best potential in them) I believe all children are able to excel under the right learning environment and the right learning method that is suitable to their learning style.


      Hence, if we know they are in the so-called best class with faster learning pace, we can then think about how to help them to cope and stretch their potential. But, if we know that they are the slower-learners, there is nothing to despair, we can then think about how to help them from our end to pick up the basic and concepts quickly and after that, stretch their potential too. There are many great people who exhibit great learning ability at a young age but there are also many who started off as slow-learners too.

      I think its very important the school and the parents have a very good and sincere communication. And as parents, we should provide our children with plenty of support and love and they will excel and be happy in whatever they do.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        sc88
        last edited by

        From my piont of view :-


        All childrens born in the year 2003 compulsory have to registered under next year 2010 primary one educations.

        There’s sure a lot of gap especially those born in January till December 2003 , right? Especially those born in January 2003 going to be 1 years old in December . But those in December childrens is just considers as new born only.So much differences, right?

        Those born in Mid 2003 year. There will be a gap between their learning already.

        Not to says childrens born in December 2003, 11 months differences
        if to compare childrens born in January 2003. Their progressing of learning will be so so much different.

        I’m I right to says this?

        Maybe everyone will aims to gives birth on every year in January instead. Ya , must put into considerations …Ha… All Hospitals will thus have insufficent Beds for all new born babies then…

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • I Offline
          Irene Ng
          last edited by

          sc88:
          From my piont of view :-


          All childrens born in the year 2003 compulsory have to registered under next year 2010 primary one educations.

          There's sure a lot of gap especially those born in January till December 2003 , right? Especially those born in January 2003 going to be 1 years old in December . But those in December childrens is just considers as new born only.So much differences, right?

          Those born in Mid 2003 year. There will be a gap between their learning already.

          Not to says childrens born in December 2003, 11 months differences
          if to compare childrens born in January 2003. Their progressing of learning will be so so much different.

          I'm I right to says this?

          Maybe everyone will aims to gives birth on every year in January instead. Ya , must put into considerations ....Ha.... All Hospitals will thus have insufficent Beds for all new born babies then...
          I agreed that being born as yr end BB is unfair to the child. I also tried to aim for Jan/Feb BB when i give birth to my son on 18Dec06, but i tried for nearly a yr and still no news. When i nearly give up, I was pregnant. Thats how my yr end BB comes about. He's doing quite well now. 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            hquek
            last edited by

            I was a year end baby too. In the initial years, the difference is apparent; once get to primary school, I think it’ll be evened out.


            Results wise, I don’t feel that I suffered too badly from 11 months gap with other kids - was always amongst the top kids in my class in primary school.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • O Offline
              ooptimizer
              last edited by

              My newphew was a Dec kid but he was good enough to go into GEP, so the birth month shouldn’t really matter.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tweety17
                last edited by

                I agree cos I am a Nov baby but I was not the worse off in the class.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  MeiZi
                  last edited by

                  mwchua:
                  MeiZi:

                  Hi, Anyone has registered for student care services for your child? I am desperately looking for one nearby NCPS. Would appreciates any feedback, comments. Thank you.


                  Ming, saw older posts on Polaris. Did you managed to register your child with them?

                  Hi Meizi,

                  Nope, have not registered my child with them yet, would like her to first get used to the school environment first.

                  Rgds,
                  Ming

                  Hi Ming, Just to update you that I have registered my child with Polaris. A very disciplined time-table ... felt like sending my son to the army already. Hahahahahaha

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mwchua
                    last edited by

                    [quote]Hi Ming, Just to update you that I have registered my child with Polaris. A very disciplined time-table ... felt like sending my son to the army already. Hahahahahaha[/quote]
                    Dear Meizi,

                    Thanks for your update. Do share with me how it goes.

                    If you are taking leave on 4 Jan, maybe we can have a short meet-up 🙂

                    Rgds,
                    Ming

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • VeveyV Offline
                      Vevey
                      last edited by

                      Hi,

                      DS will b in P1F. Any1 in the same class? 🙂

                      Shall we start a class list here? Plse copy & add on..

                      gayjoan - DD - P1J
                      Vevey - DS - P1F

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • I Offline
                        Irene Ng
                        last edited by

                        Vevey:
                        Hi,

                        DS will b in P1F. Any1 in the same class? 🙂

                        Shall we start a class list here? Plse copy & add on..

                        gayjoan - DD - P1J
                        Vevey - DS - P1F
                        Irene - Son - P1A

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 16
                        • 17
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 20
                        • 325
                        • 326
                        • 18 / 326
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy