Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Poi Ching

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    963 Posts 84 Posters 353.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      kitbest
      last edited by

      Hi mudcookie & Kiasumami, finnaly saw some 1D parents here. 🙂


      Ya, you are right. Seems 1D not much activities, homeworks, etc. Think so far only 2 days hv 1 page Hanyu PinYin homework, no english or math homeworks at all.

      By the way, we want to go back DD grandma house in M'sia on CNY eve, but understand got half day morning school. Not sure whether can skip 1 day don't go school. Any advice on how to apply that? :?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • dark chocolateD Offline
        dark chocolate
        last edited by

        nonkiasu

        Thanks for the advice on art lesson! Poster color pencil = water color pencil? Was this in the booklist? I know there was a box of color pencils in the booklist but I don’t think that one can double up as water color. Anyone knows?

        I think PAL is something like PE, it stands for Programme for Active Learning. I saw in DS’ comm book that PAL for 1C is volleyball for Wed and wushu on Thu. Anyone knows what is PC and the Mass Lectures in the timetable?

        blurmommy
        I am staying at Punggol, send DS to SC near PCS daily and SC will send him to school and fetch him in the evening back to SC. Are you a SAHM?

        IC had Maths HW yesterday, the activity book (not workbook) to complete till Page 11. DS said the earlier pages were done during class but still left about 4 pages to do at home. DS skipped all those that need to color and I had to make him return to those questions he skipped to complete. Realized the last 2 questions were quite difficult for a P1, had to explain for quite a while to help him understand. Really not easy for us parents … though at least we have a forum to discuss. 🙂

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • U Offline
          ululu
          last edited by

          PC = Computer?

          Mass Class = Group Lecture??

          I didn't check my DD's homework and what books to bring tomorrow last night coz when home, well over 10pm and DD already fell asleep. I only checked any notes in the communication book and any letters from the school.

          I am thinking of stop packing her school bag from now on. First, almost everyday I am home after 8pm; Secondly nobody checked my homework or what to bring next day when we was at our school age I suppose, and we still managed to cope, right? DD needs to learn to do that herself sooner or later, just a matter of time. If she forgets to do homework or bring the wrong books, let teachers teach her a lesson so that she will remember the next time.

          Just my thought. The time saved can be used to coach their homework if they need our help. Sometimes I believe we parents just need to let go a bit. Or we will really age faster. :stupid:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • K Offline
            kitbest
            last edited by

            Hi dark chocolate, is the time table out alred?? I cannot see it from PC website le.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              angel64
              last edited by

              kitbest:
              Hi mudcookie & Kiasumami, finnaly saw some 1D parents here. 🙂


              Ya, you are right. Seems 1D not much activities, homeworks, etc. Think so far only 2 days hv 1 page Hanyu PinYin homework, no english or math homeworks at all.

              By the way, we want to go back DD grandma house in M'sia on CNY eve, but understand got half day morning school. Not sure whether can skip 1 day don't go school. Any advice on how to apply that? :?
              You can write to the form teacher to ask whether you can be excused from the CNY eve celebration in school.

              I don't dare to plan for msia trip during CNY, scared of the jam ...

              And now DS in pri school, unlike those days in preschool, any time suka pull out go holiday.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                angel64
                last edited by

                kitbest:
                Hi dark chocolate, is the time table out alred?? I cannot see it from PC website le.

                My boy has one copy of the time table in his bag.

                I copied it out and have one at home.

                PC - I think stands for Pastoral Care if I am not wrong. Not sure too. Some terms in fact I was trying hard to figure out

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • U Offline
                  ululu
                  last edited by

                  DD said to me this morning: "mummy, why every day you pack me the same sandwitch and fruits? Can I have some sushi like my friends?" aiyo… being parents are so not easy!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    angel64
                    last edited by

                    ululu:
                    PC = Computer?

                    Mass Class = Group Lecture??

                    I didn't check my DD's homework and what books to bring tomorrow last night coz when home, well over 10pm and DD already fell asleep. I only checked any notes in the communication book and any letters from the school.

                    I am thinking of stop doing that from now on. First, almost everyday I am home after 8pm; Secondly nobody checked my homework or what to bring next day when we was at our school age I suppose, and we still managed to cope, right? DD needs to learn to do that herself sooner or later, just a matter of time. If she doesn't do homework or bring the wrong books, let teachers teach her a lesson so that she will remember the next time.

                    Just my thought. The time saved can be used to coach their homework if they need our help. Sometimes I believe we parents just need to let go a bit. Or we will really age faster. :stupid:
                    Strongly agree !!.. one of my colleague has a checklist for his DS to follow

                    Like Pack school bag, check pocket money, Need to any art material, etc.
                    Maybe I should implement somewhere somehow .. they have to be independent... can't be like a baby forever.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      angel64
                      last edited by

                      ululu:
                      DD said to me this morning: \"mummy, why every day you pack me the same sandwitch and fruits? Can I have some sushi like my friends?\" aiyo... being parents are so not easy!

                      Sighhh .. mine is ordering his lunch menu as if home is a restuarant ..
                      I am going to do up a lunch menu at home .. Gor Gor loves noodles .. then in the morning he will nag my maid to cook him noodles, Then when Di Di back, he will say why everyday noodles .. I want rice ...

                      Haizzz.. So tonight I am going to have a meeting with both of them, to draft out a lunch menu .. like mon wed fr noodles then Tue Thu Rice. Weekend I will cook myself.

                      Alternate weeks we will switch menu. Otherwise, both will grumble and grumble..

                      Kids are hard to please .. sighh .. our parents time, what they cooked we will eat ..

                      Have food to eat, already feel contented .. kids these days are spoilt for choice.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • dark chocolateD Offline
                        dark chocolate
                        last edited by

                        ululu

                        hehe … i also thought pc is computer but i really dont think so leh. 😛

                        do you usually need to work late? think i have asked but forgotten, your maid or MIL takes care of your DD? I made DS sit by me to pack his bag together, coz if I pack, he may not know if I have packed certain things or not, and where its placed? but agree with you, we are sooo protective and take too good care of our children.

                        kitbest
                        timetable was given out by form teacher for 1C last week and a revised copy with amendments this week, not sure about other classes.

                        LOL about ordering lunch menu! I only fret about breakfast and dinner, breakfast is usually bread for convenience but try to find a different bread for DS to pack to eat during recess (he requested for it). I don’t pass by bakery all the time so quite troublesome at times to go and buy specially, sometimes i bake my own bread instead. Dinner, ordered tingkat but the food is so-so only. Am considering to prepare ingredients the night before and cook simple after fetching him back home in the evening.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 96
                        • 97
                        • 30 / 97
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        OLCTO
                        OLCT

                        Statistics

                        11

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy