Poi Ching
-
derene:
Chinese, very difficult. Other subjects, not so difficult and lesser homework. There are caring and committed teachers, and also teachers who do just the bare minimum.Hi all,
I am new to Kiasuparents.com and also very new to what to look out for when enrolling our kids in primary school. I would like to check with existing parents of kids in poi Ching, much talk has been on about it having very high level of Chinese, how about the standard for other subjects?
Also, how is the school environment and the teachers like?
Any advice or sharing will be helpful- thanks! -
I realized PCS has no CA1 for P1-P3? unlike other schools, they have CA1 before the march holidays.
-
Dear Mummies,
Pls advise if Poi Ching consider a good school with caring teachers & is it a academic driven school? -
I think it's new format. The school used to just test on yun yu word recognition. hanyu pinyin assessment is based probably on recognition of phonics, intonations, yun mu, sheng mu etc.
crystalbelle:
Hi,
For the P1 CL assessment that is on 28th of March, anyone can advise how is it like. Teacher only say it will be tested on Han Yu Pin Yin. -
cpdalin:
I realized PCS has no CA1 for P1-P3? unlike other schools, they have CA1 before the march holidays.
Most schools dont have CA1 thse days. They have Holistic Assessments, like smaller assessments but testing different components. Call them bite-sized. -
It is academic driven, at least to me. School culture is generally caring. I find the school admin staff very caring.
My son has the luck to have some caring teachers in P1 and P2.Cassmania:
Dear Mummies,
Pls advise if Poi Ching consider a good school with caring teachers & is it a academic driven school? -
Hi all, I was checking the Holostic assessment time frame given by the school.
can anyone advise exactly what’s English "performance tasks"? Can u prepare yr child b4 hand?
What about Maths performance task?
For EL individual writing, any recommendation for good tuition center?
TIA. -
drwho:
Which level is your kid?Hi all, I was checking the Holostic assessment time frame given by the school.
can anyone advise exactly what's English \"performance tasks\"? Can u prepare yr child b4 hand?
What about Maths performance task?
For EL individual writing, any recommendation for good tuition center?
TIA. -
Dreamgear:
Which level is your kid?drwho:
Hi all, I was checking the Holostic assessment time frame given by the school.
can anyone advise exactly what's English \"performance tasks\"? Can u prepare yr child b4 hand?
What about Maths performance task?
For EL individual writing, any recommendation for good tuition center?
TIA.
P2. Thanks. -
drwho:
Which level is your kid?Dreamgear:
[quote=\"drwho\"]Hi all, I was checking the Holostic assessment time frame given by the school.
can anyone advise exactly what's English \"performance tasks\"? Can u prepare yr child b4 hand?
What about Maths performance task?
For EL individual writing, any recommendation for good tuition center?
TIA.
P2. Thanks.[/quote]Accordingly to my dd who is in p3 this year, english is show and tell.... You can practise with your child his script and delivery like loudness, pitch,
No idea on maths..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login