Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.6k Posts 106 Posters 661.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      Kaylasmum
      last edited by

      Hi jokokng

      I am also at 1- 2 km but I was under phase 2b which need not ballot.
      Just submit Ur name. U never know. Are u staying at bishan?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        JOKOKNG
        last edited by

        Hi Kaylasmum,


        Tks for your advice.. Yes prob I shd try.. Yes I'm staying in Bishan.. I'm not a catholic so can't be in phase 2b.. 😞

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • G Offline
          gksmummy
          last edited by

          Hi jokokng, I think u shld call the sch and ask. If u’re convinced that ij tpy is the sch for ur daughter then just put ur name on the waitlist ASAP.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            gksmummy
            last edited by

            For me, I was recommended to Andrew Er and Simon eio for maths. However, I’m still not buying anything for girl to do… I’m afraid (like wat kaylaamum mentioned) will end up killing her passion later on. The hw which she brings home frm childcare every weekend is Already a lot. For now, I think I will hold off till maybe oct

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • C Offline
              coffeedrinker
              last edited by

              exciting discussion, buy, buy buy… i also excited to buy shoe, uniform, bag…SPI is the bag I’m going to get… Dec should have promotion/discount .

              prepration for P1,well i am those KS parent… My gal has started her P1 assessment since Jan this year, but is one day do about 3 pages… so as not to "stress" her
              i hope she can be more relax when she is in P1 as she needs to cope with waking up early, new friend, new place, new schooling experiences… so hopeful she comes home no need to tuition to catch up schoolwork

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                coffeedrinker
                last edited by

                baby2luv, which block you will be stay ?

                I ddon’t mind meeting up for coffee and light dinner (with my hubby too)

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • G Offline
                  gksmummy
                  last edited by

                  coffeedrinker:
                  exciting discussion, buy, buy buy.. i also excited to buy shoe, uniform, bag..SPI is the bag I'm going to get.. Dec should have promotion/discount .

                  prepration for P1,well i am those KS parent.. My gal has started her P1 assessment since Jan this year, but is one day do about 3 pages.. so as not to \"stress\" her
                  i hope she can be more relax when she is in P1 as she needs to cope with waking up early, new friend, new place, new schooling experiences.. so hopeful she comes home no need to tuition to catch up schoolwork
                  Spi bag sept and oct hv discount bcos of sept Holstein and children's day promotion. It's only 30% though do I thought I will buy now... Cofeedrinker where do u stay?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    gksmummy:
                    Hi all, just another kiasu qn... Where will u be buying the sch ahoes frm? I know of a colleague who bought 2 pairs of sch shoes for her girl. Is it necessary? Aldo I was thinking of buying white plain Jane shoes. Or will Velcro shoes be better?

                    The mummies here are really excited.
                    I bought Bubblegummers white shoes Velcro type from Bata...it's very soft PVC and easy to wash...soles can also be taken out to wash. 2 pairs, in case you wash one and it's not dry in time. Buy shoes at the end of the year as there is usually 'Back to School' sale.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      Kaylasmum:
                      Ya I know what u mean. I work v near bras brash so of late, I hv been browsing the assessment books. So many choices. Must be a lucrative market for publishers. I hope she eases well into p1 but I also don't want to hot house her too much. I just hope that whatever prep I give her, it will be sufficient without being too overwhelming nor stifling.

                      What abt other mummies? What do u do to prep Ur girls?
                      Don't hot house your girls...leave it to the teachers to do that.
                      In the meantime, get your girls to read as much as possible. It not only helps for vocab but also Maths...bcos Maths in today's context is a play of words...it's no longer straightforward addition or subtraction.
                      You can get assessment during BookFest in Dec...Suntec.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        Kaylasmum
                        last edited by

                        That balance is impt. Just spend from 8 am till now to learn tsien tsia ting xie. Geez I really dislike that! And so does she. But I know ij girls used to be v kan tang in past so I want to ensure she doesn’t grow up to be one. Times hv changed. Mandarin is really v impt.

                        Yah reading … I totally agree. The Montessori phonics help a lot. So I m not too worried abt that.
                        Yeah buy buy buy… Bubble gummers I saw… So soft… These days the kids are so lucky…

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 79
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 82
                        • 83
                        • 164
                        • 165
                        • 81 / 165
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy