Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maris Stella High

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.7k Posts 428 Posters 1.2m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      TonyThomasMum
      last edited by

      Thank you all for the advice! 🙂

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Z Offline
        Zoji
        last edited by

        ptr:
        Zoji, may I know the fees for Bethesda? Are there other marists there too?thanks.


        Hi, monthly is $270. Yes there are other marists there.
        Address: 112 Serangoon Ave 3 Singapore 556109. It on the 4th level. Tel:62834419

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 2 Offline
          24hr-mum
          last edited by

          got sch bus frm sch to bethesda student care?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • Z Offline
            Zoji
            last edited by

            24hr-mum:
            got sch bus frm sch to bethesda student care?

            Hi,
            yes, using Maris appointed school operator

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              ptr
              last edited by

              THanks, rates are so much more reasonable.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • K Offline
                Kuasimi
                last edited by

                Zoji:
                Kuasimi:

                [quote=\"PapayaDad\"]DS do homework in TLC but still need to double check at home its done and done correctly. Also bought workbook from TLC to do at TLC.


                Optional enrichment/tuition cost extra.

                Can play chinese chess/board games, carum, or read at tlc. som etimes if very good get to play 15 minutes wii/playstation/nintendo ds...

                Thanks PapayaDad for the info.

                Hi, my son goes to this childcare Bethesda Student Care. It is at serangoon ave 3. I went to both TLC and this Bethesda before confirming on the latter. Personally i prefer Bethesda as firstly it is much cheaper and during school holiday they dont increase the price. (Even when i factor in the schoolbus) Secondly the aunties there are quite strict with the kids.[/quote]Hi, care to share how is the program like? Do they coach on homeworks? How about Enrichment?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Z Offline
                  Zoji
                  last edited by

                  Can play chinese chess/board games, carum, or read at tlc. som etimes if very good get to play 15 minutes wii/playstation/nintendo ds…[/quote]


                  Thanks PapayaDad for the info.[/quote]

                  Hi, my son goes to this childcare Bethesda Student Care. It is at serangoon ave 3. I went to both TLC and this Bethesda before confirming on the latter. Personally i prefer Bethesda as firstly it is much cheaper and during school holiday they dont increase the price. (Even when i factor in the schoolbus) Secondly the aunties there are quite strict with the kids.[/quote]

                  Hi, care to share how is the program like? Do they coach on homeworks? How about Enrichment?[/quote]


                  Hi, they normally reach about 1.45 (mon+tues) & 2.15(Wed-fri). Usually when they reach, they are asked to bathe or eat lunch first(As the toilet cubicles are limited). Next, the aunties there will ask them to do their homework. For those with no homework like my child during the 1st few wks of school, they actually ask me to bring down assessment books so that they can help to coach. 4-5pm is nap time for all. After they wake up, its tea break. On every wed they alllow the kids to go down to the church playground for outdoor activities. However for those who didnt finish their homework are not allowed.

                  As for enrichment,so far i had not explore on that portion. However the auntie did recommend me a tution teacher who will drop by there every Thurs for maths (duration-1hr) Each month is only $20. I had just signed up for my son. So far including my son there is only 3 students and im ok with the size. There are others tution lesson going on but i had not asked them more of that.

                  Hope this help

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mauricemum
                    last edited by

                    TonyThomasMum:
                    Need advice from you...

                    Recently DS became very quiet .... Over the weekends I tried to talk to him...
                    DS revealed to me that one of his classmate punched him and scolded him.
                    Not one time but many times already.

                    I was fairly shocked as this classmate of his which I happened to know is very friendly boy.

                    DS also come back home and use words like \"stupid\", \"idoit\".
                    As these are words he seldom use, I asked if someone scolded him with such words.
                    Sad to hear but DS said yes. That same classmate hit and scolded him.

                    What should I do to stop all these rubbish?
                    Hi Tonythomasmum,

                    DS asked me whether is stupid & idiot a bad word to use?? He said he heard his classmate saying this..sigh..he also told me abt this boy pushing him to the ground & causing abrasion on his knee..when he tried to tell Chinese teacher..she simply brushes him off by saying in mandarin: \"this is not important, I do not wanna listen..go back to yr seat..\"

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Z Offline
                      Zoji
                      last edited by

                      mauricemum:
                      TonyThomasMum:

                      Need advice from you...

                      Recently DS became very quiet .... Over the weekends I tried to talk to him...
                      DS revealed to me that one of his classmate punched him and scolded him.
                      Not one time but many times already.

                      I was fairly shocked as this classmate of his which I happened to know is very friendly boy.

                      DS also come back home and use words like \"stupid\", \"idoit\".
                      As these are words he seldom use, I asked if someone scolded him with such words.
                      Sad to hear but DS said yes. That same classmate hit and scolded him.

                      What should I do to stop all these rubbish?

                      Hi Tonythomasmum,

                      DS asked me whether is stupid & idiot a bad word to use?? He said he heard his classmate saying this..sigh..he also told me abt this boy pushing him to the ground & causing abrasion on his knee..when he tried to tell Chinese teacher..she simply brushes him off by saying in mandarin: \"this is not important, I do not wanna listen..go back to yr seat..\"


                      Hi,
                      can i ask which class is your kid from?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        SSmama
                        last edited by

                        VVJJ:
                        Before the briefing, my hubby spoke to the HOD PE 2 days ago. HOD PE supposed to raise our concerns but instead he gave a brief introduction of badminton background and claimed he had another meeting to attend and step off, leaving the coach to brief us in chinese and answer our queries.


                        In short, nothing will change. 3 times training from P3 onwards. If it clashes with other remedials, kids can do a make up session conducted on Sunday, which is open to the public (trainings held in the school though). We have to pay till the school team selection process (P4). Once they are in P4, from June, no more fees payment. If boys are not selected into school team in P4, training will be conducted back to once weekly.

                        Personally, I have doubt as HOD PE did mention that fees is free for school team players only. In addition, DH not happy that HOD PE seemed to shun away from responsiblity by not staying back to answer queries. Though the session conducted by the coach is rather hilarious, it didn't really solve our concerns. Seems that most parents who atteneded the session are from P1, hence they do not have many concerns as I do.

                        In short, DH will call HOD PE next Monday again.

                        Hi, just to add on to this thread. I spoke to the teachers in charge because I too, couldn't understand much of the briefing! Found out the training schedule is fixed from now on, so we know the training times and days for the other levels in the years to come--IF my DS continues, I'll have to rearrange his swimming...again...

                        I thought I heard the coach said something like if our boys miss a session for whatever reason, they can either attend the make-up on Sunday or have the fees pro-rated the next month--can anyone verify that?

                        All in all, this is one very expensive CCA. While I can totally understand training is necessary for results, I really wish it wouldn't burn such a hole in my pocket, esp when the economy isn't exactly the best! At the end of the day, I just wanted my DS to enjoy the sport and build up some discipline. It seems there's quite a bit of hype in the school and DS always tells me about how good the team is etc...if he doesn't make it in P4/P5, I'll have to deal with one crushed spirit!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 185
                        • 186
                        • 187
                        • 188
                        • 189
                        • 365
                        • 366
                        • 187 / 366
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy