Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Marymount Convent

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    5.7k Posts 143 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      lvkt
      last edited by

      jesyeo,

      i work from home too, i work full time and only go office for meeting biweekly, like today i went office for meeting this morning. i know it's hard to balance both work and family but i still prefer to work and this job giving me flexibility to work from home so it's great. πŸ˜‰

      jesyeo:
      cantbearit2:

      [quote=\"jesyeo\"]Haha..actually I am in the midst of resigning. I will consider being a home-based maths tutor ..haha

      R u for real???? Thot u quit 2b tai tai. Hee.... :lol: :lol:

      hmm..I just feels very tired having to handle the kids, household chores and work together. That's why decided to quit. My circumstances is a bit different from most of u. I work from home :). So morning till 1pm, I will do household chores, cook lunch, tutor DD and prepare her for school. Then I start work from 1pm to 5pm at home. AFter that will cook dinner, bring the kids back, make them eat, shower, homework blah blah.

      I have tender but my boss wants me to stay on for a few more months till he can find a good replacement. Just tot of going back to work as a freelancer after I resign. But if really got kids wants me to tutor them, then I can also consider. hahaha..flexible.[/quote]

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A Offline
        autumn82
        last edited by

        Tinkerbelle:
        autumn82:

        Tomorrow is the killer sub for my gal.. :!: Can't do much revision with her coz tmr CCA in da morn.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Gd luck to all gals!!!


        Hi autumn82,

        Tell your DD 加油!!! :rahrah: Last paper already. :ugogirl:

        Good luck to everyone too. :celebrate:

        Ya, she also very hardworking.

        Last nite she threw up her dinner. Then this morn down with high fever. So this morn, I quickly brought her to the doc. Doc gave her 2 days MC, but she insisted she was feeling alright, except throat pain. Other than that is fine, so she missed her CCA but went for school.

        She wants to go school to finish her test.. Tsk tsk. So I told her if after test or feeling unwell, give me a call. So far, no news from her yet.. Hope she's feeling better.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • L Offline
          lvkt
          last edited by

          i agree, we (women) should pamper ourselves well too, now i understand why there are so many school holiday, it may not mean for kids but for us (parents) to take a break too. πŸ˜„


          cantbearit2:
          jesyeo:

          hmm..I just feels very tired having to handle the kids, household chores and work together. That's why decided to quit. My circumstances is a bit different from most of u. I work from home :). So morning till 1pm, I will do household chores, cook lunch, tutor DD and prepare her for school. Then I start work from 1pm to 5pm at home. AFter that will cook dinner, bring the kids back, make them eat, shower, homework blah blah.

          I have tender but my boss wants me to stay on for a few more months till he can find a good replacement. Just tot of going back to work as a freelancer after I resign. But if really got kids wants me to tutor them, then I can also consider. hahaha..flexible.

          I understand wat u mean. Sometimes IM juz so tired. :?: But u sound like a supermum. Tink we have many supermum in this thread. Ladies, on 8 March (三八妇ε₯³θŠ‚), we shld gif ourselves a pat on the back. Hee.....

          If u can work fr hm, Y do u still wan to quit? My DH oso works fr hm, gif him some flexibility.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • F Offline
            funkymonkey
            last edited by

            Hi all,

            Am soooo glad that the exams are over!!
            Hope all our gals did their best :celebrate: :celebrate:

            I'm not working from home like lvkt and jesyeo or can'tbearit DH but i find it super super tiring too and i don't know how you guys can do while working too!!!! :salute: :salute: :salute:
            Morning i'm up at 5.45 prepare breakfast and things needed for lunch,do ironing, then send No1 to school then wake no3 get her ready and send her to school go home,wake no2 get her ready and send her to school on the way back fetch no 3 then no 1 home,lunch, clean up ,prepare stuff for dinner, do hw with no 1 and \"study\"with no 3,make dinner,bring no 3 along and send no 1 for tuition
            and fetch no 2 then on the way back fetch no 1 from tuition.dinner,bathe,hw,read kids in bed by 9.30 LATEST or else i'll start going crazy :frustrated: :frustrated: then clean up kitchen, do laundry and folding and mopping and bathe and in bed by 10.30
            friday evening we all go to aunts place and sleepover till sunday back home....weekends are HEAVEN nooooo cooking and cleaning haaaaaa :love: :love: :love:
            so i super salute you all who have to work also!!!
            Goodness gracious HOW did you ever make it work???I'm always snoring away when my DH try to \"talk\" to me in.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • C Offline
              cantbearit2
              last edited by

              Tinkerbelle:
              cantbearit2:


              Finally, today DD told me they had \"maths exam\". Thot she still blur blur dunno wats gg on. πŸ˜‰

              Hi cantbearit.

              How did your DD find her \"maths exam\"? Hope it was easy peasy lemon squeezy for her, ya. :celebrate:

              aiyo, she said she noes everythg. haha....!!! Kids being kids still have no fear of exam lor. I juz keep my fingers crossed and πŸ™

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                cantbearit2
                last edited by

                Tinkerbelle:
                cantbearit2:

                [quote=\"autumn82\"]
                My gal's bdae is at end of Nov, so to celebrate with her classmates, we usually celebrate advance like the last day of sch. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

                End of Nov not sch holiday meh???!!! :? My DD1's b'day oso end Nov leh.

                cantbearit2, last day of the sch academic year will be on 18 Nov. If your DD really wants to celebrate, you can celebrate earlier for her. Alternatively, you can have a party at home for a few of her closer classmates. Don't forget to invite all of us here, ya...keke. (No shame hor, :oops: )[/quote]Then we prob won't b celebrating for her liao. Prob juz distribute goodie bags in advance. hee.... When she's older & we hold party, will definitely invite all of u. Then we can have a KSP party as well. :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  cantbearit2
                  last edited by

                  jesyeo:

                  Thanks for sharing. Come to think of it, my DD's birthday always falls on Sept school holiday. hahaha..no chance to celebrate
                  aiyo, same fate as our DDs (autumn82 and me). πŸ‘…

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    cantbearit2
                    last edited by

                    jesyeo:

                    Want to get some more free time to rest as well as do my own things. πŸ™‚
                    And also..finds very stressful with my current job as is IT line, always need to keep up with the new technologies. Where got time for that. So thinking of doing some other things. πŸ™‚
                    huh, oso IT line, same as my DH???? u dun happen 2 work in a sole distributor of a HA software hor? πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cantbearit2
                      last edited by

                      jesyeo:
                      WooHoo...test over!!! Can rest and relax now! πŸ™‚


                      I have a joke to share. Yesterday morning..ard 6+am, we were all sleeping soundly and suddenly hear my DD1 scream. And guess what, she said DD2 bite her toes!!! but DD2 is sleeping! So how is that possible? After some thought, I concluded that my DD1 must have somehow places her toes at DD2's mouth and DD2 thought that I am giving her milk bottle, so she just bite it. hahahaah..coz every morning, I will just give her milk to make her wake up. πŸ™‚
                      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
                      This really lightens my day. This kind of confusion happen to me during my sec sch days too.

                      We had camp at sch and all the girls were sleeping side by side. One of my classmates had accidentally set the alarm clock in the middle of the nite. We were all sound asleep when the alarm clock went off. Thinking I was sleeping in my own bed, I picked up the alarm clock (wif eyes still closed) and say in a v frustrating tone:\"hello? hello?\" and finally slam down the phone (the alarm clock). All my classmates woke up frustrated wif the alarm clock but ended up laughing their heart out. the next morn, I became the joke of the day. I was the only one who did not know abt the story till they relate it to me. :oops:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        cantbearit2
                        last edited by

                        lvkt:
                        cantbearit2,

                        beat me, i don't really know, got advanced stage? haha..her programme will be finished by this march which i gave one month notice and she will finish this programme by then we don't want to cont'd, too much spelling and reading and answering questions, even me got enough. 😒
                        so yur DD end earlier than my DD lor. Agree that it's pretty challenging esp since they juz started P1.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 253
                        • 254
                        • 255
                        • 256
                        • 257
                        • 566
                        • 567
                        • 255 / 567
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy