Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Marymount Convent

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    5.7k Posts 143 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      michyms
      last edited by

      Tinkerbelle, wow, I am truly amazed that you can teach your dd for PSLE all by yourself! :udawoman: I hope I can be like you! Are you a teacher by any chance? For a start,I am working on brushing up my Chinese - while teaching my 2 dds at the same time. So that they can't say \"mummy doesn't know\" :oops: I'm quite a potato, but I figured that if I don't show any interest in Chinese, I cannot expect my kids to show any interest.


      I think at the secondary levels, we probably have to leave them alot more on their own. I can't imagine myself dragging out my physics and chemistry textbooks to coach my dds πŸ˜†

      This generation of kids are alot more fortunate. I definitely don't recall getting much of coaching from my parents for PSLE or O levels. And I didn't have any tuition till I was in Sec 3 when I was desperate enough to request for tuition for physics and chemistry.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T Offline
        Tinkerbelle
        last edited by

        michyms:
        Tinkerbelle, wow, I am truly amazed that you can teach your dd for PSLE all by yourself! :udawoman: I hope I can be like you! Are you a teacher by any chance? For a start,I am working on brushing up my Chinese - while teaching my 2 dds at the same time. So that they can't say \"mummy doesn't know\" :oops: I'm quite a potato, but I figured that if I don't show any interest in Chinese, I cannot expect my kids to show any interest.


        I think at the secondary levels, we probably have to leave them alot more on their own. I can't imagine myself dragging out my physics and chemistry textbooks to coach my dds πŸ˜†

        This generation of kids are alot more fortunate. I definitely don't recall getting much of coaching from my parents for PSLE or O levels. And I didn't have any tuition till I was in Sec 3 when I was desperate enough to request for tuition for physics and chemistry.
        Hi michyms,
        Thanks....actually, there are a few mummies in DD's class who are teaching their kids themselves too. No, I'm not a teacher...keke.....Just a SAMH with more time on my hands to guide DD myself. I'm sure you can too when it's your DD's turn.

        I know what you mean about Chinese...I'm also not very good in Chinese. Hate to admit this, but sometimes, I need to check the dictionary (discreetly) for very 'chim' chinese words to guide DD1... :oops: The Chinese standard is also getting higher these days πŸ˜“

        You 're right...kids these days are indeed fortunate to have all this support & guidance from their parents....unlike us. πŸ˜‰

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          Tinkerbelle
          last edited by

          Hooray.......PSLE is finally over! πŸ•Ί


          Time to enjoy & relax now, all P6s & parents. You deserve it!!!! :rahrah:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            michyms
            last edited by

            Tinkerbelle, congrats to your dd for finishing up PSLE! Any holiday plans?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • F Offline
              funkymonkey
              last edited by

              Tinkerbelle:
              Hooray.......PSLE is finally over! πŸ•Ί


              Time to enjoy & relax now, all P6s & parents. You deserve it!!!! :rahrah:
              Woohoo!!!!!saw a couple of our gals chanting\" psle over!!! \" They looked super happy!!! and i couldnt help hi- fiving them!!

              RELAX time! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                Tinkerbelle
                last edited by

                michyms:
                Tinkerbelle, congrats to your dd for finishing up PSLE! Any holiday plans?

                Hi michyms,
                :thankyou: We survived PSLE....hahaha :imcool:

                We'll only be going for our holiday after the release of PSLE results. Furthermore, DD2 still has to prepare for her SA2 so cannot go anywhere anytime soon. πŸ˜‰

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • T Offline
                  Tinkerbelle
                  last edited by

                  funkymonkey:
                  Tinkerbelle:

                  Hooray.......PSLE is finally over! πŸ•Ί


                  Time to enjoy & relax now, all P6s & parents. You deserve it!!!! :rahrah:

                  Woohoo!!!!!saw a couple of our gals chanting\" psle over!!! \" They looked super happy!!! and i couldnt help hi- fiving them!!

                  RELAX time! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

                  Hi Funkymonkey,
                  I bet the P6 gals were super duper happy. Whatever the outcome, I think everyone is just glad it's all over. Now, they can chill & relax. πŸ•Ί

                  Very cool of you to hi-five the P6 gals..... :boogie:

                  Time really flew.....PSLE is over.....I also need a short break before I start preparing DD2 for her SA2. EL & CL Compo exams on 21 Oct. DD2 is not ready yet. How about your gal? πŸ˜‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    michyms
                    last edited by

                    Tinkerbelle, when is the PSLE results released?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      funkymonkey
                      last edited by

                      Time really flew.....PSLE is over.....I also need a short break before I start preparing DD2 for her SA2. EL & CL Compo exams on 21 Oct. DD2 is not ready yet. How about your gal? πŸ˜‚[/quote]


                      Hi tinkerbelle,
                      we've been working very hard on Compre and compo.Math is pretty good but compre can put her to tears( and me into depression :faint: ) πŸ˜“ πŸ˜“
                      Thank God i made the right choice to get her excluded from MT..if not :censored:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        Tinkerbelle
                        last edited by

                        michyms:
                        Tinkerbelle, when is the PSLE results released?

                        Hi michyms,
                        24 Nov 2011. πŸ˜‰

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 341
                        • 342
                        • 343
                        • 344
                        • 345
                        • 566
                        • 567
                        • 343 / 567
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy