Pei Chun Public
-
lionqueen:
Yes lionqueen is quite right except that some niche sports train 3 times a week... My girl stays back 4x a week. Anyway I am cool about it lah, just have to manage their time more appropriately.
Except for niche sports cca such as basketball, volleyball, wushu and table tennis which will have selection done by teachers and offered to your child, the other cca is up to your own preference. For performing arts, they require audition. In sept (I think ) we will receive option form to sign up for your child's preferred cca.Precious2.lee:
Hi, my son will be in P3 next year. May I understand how is CCA allocated? Will my son be able to select what he likes? Is Math Olympiad considered as a CCA too?
By the way, I heard compulsory remedial starts at P3. This means if include CCA, the kids need to stay back in school 4 times a week?
Maths Olympiad is not cca but your child will be exempted from maths academic support (AS). Also it's a case of the school makes the selection.
Most P3 stay back 3 times a week (cca, maths & English, higher chinese , no science) unless child's cca requires more practice.
That's what I know. -
Hi all,
I like to check if any of you are ex-PCPS and stays in Punggol and has intention to send your kids there? Thanks. :imcool:
Me me! Im registering my gal next year! Tot im the only one who is crazy enuff to send me gal there cos of the long distance.
Hi everybody! Im new here! *wave wave* -
Yaer:
Dear Yaer,jewel25:
Hi all,
I like to check if any of you are ex-PCPS and stays in Punggol and has intention to send your kids there? Thanks. :imcool:
Me me! Im registering my gal next year! Tot im the only one who is crazy enuff to send me gal there cos of the long distance.
Hi everybody! Im new here! *wave wave*
Welcome to the club! -
Dear all,
I had just registered my girl in Pei Chun and i am staying at Hougang. Hopefully the distance is bearable for her. Anyone know the pick up and drop off time for Hougang area? -
[quote=\"jewel25\"]Hi all,
I like to check if any of you are ex-PCPS and stays in Punggol and has intention to send your kids there? Thanks. :imcool:
Me me! Im registering my gal next year! Tot im the only one who is crazy enuff to send me gal there cos of the long distance.
Hi everybody! Im new here! *wave wave*
Dear Yaer,
Welcome to the club![/quote]
Hi Callie
Thank you! Im also worried abt the long distance to school but my hb don't want to waste the chance for my gal to get into pc. Now have to really start thinking abt the logistic! Can check pri 1 will be in afternoon session? What time the class end for afternoon session? TIA! -
Hi parents
I am considering to register my child with PCPS but will need the advise from parents:
a. For PV- can anyone share on their entry requirements – any specific skills requirement and how many hours of commitment on average is required? How many PV will be accepted per intake? Is their intake is once a year?
b. Can anyone share on the stats for this year’s intake under Phase 2B and 2C?
<1km and between 1km to 2km – any balloting required?
I will be using my parents’ address to register my child and will like to find out the possibility of going through the balloting between 1 to 2km.
Many thanks for the advice. -
Hi
My daughter is in Peichun P3 this year and we live in Punggol since her P1
not so crazy lar.. we used to live in Bishan but moved but I don't want to change her school so we continue the long commute.
In lower pri, my gal gets picked up at 10.40am and drop off at 7.15 to 7.20pm
now in P3, she gets picked up at 5.50am every morning and she takes a one hour nap on the school bus which she likes. Return trip home will be approx 1 hour after school dismissal but she stay back in school a few times a week so sometimes she get home only at 4.30pm to 4.40pm -
Peichun mommies with upper pri kids, may i ask what if your kids esp girls like to read 39 clues and percy jackson books?
-
Be Joyful:
HI, requirement was 60hrs. no. of PV intake must check with school. Many yrs ago it was 60PV. But recent years I believed it has cut down to 30max. Do note that for you need to register asap for 2010 kids as interview in Dec.Hi parents
I am considering to register my child with PCPS but will need the advise from parents:
a. For PV- can anyone share on their entry requirements – any specific skills requirement and how many hours of commitment on average is required? How many PV will be accepted per intake? Is their intake is once a year?
b. Can anyone share on the stats for this year’s intake under Phase 2B and 2C?
<1km and between 1km to 2km – any balloting required?
I will be using my parents' address to register my child and will like to find out the possibility of going through the balloting between 1 to 2km.
Many thanks for the advice.
You can find stats here http://www.peichunpublic.moe.edu.sg/ind ... -admission
typically phase 2B, 2C no ballot for within 1km. If you are >1km, I think don't bother to try for PV. -
Hi Hi
I am new and I have just registered for the alumni. I didnt expect there are so many students and parents staying at the northeast side and I am glad to find this group support of advice!
I am residing in punggol and my hub was a ex student. But since we have another 3years before my girl get in Peichun, I have been thinking about the logistic problem too!
Have to either get a car or let her take the school bus but I feel is still very distance taxing esp if she miss the bus… haiz…
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login