Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Admiralty Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    100 Posts 46 Posters 69.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      leo
      last edited by

      soursop:
      Hi awesome!

      Sorry I took some time to reply. I was waiting for the Parent teacher meeting to be over before I reply you.
      Hi soursop, any news on when the school will be going single session?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A Offline
        awesome
        last edited by

        Hi Soursop

        You are great in sharing about ADMPS. I will be completing the rest of my PV during the March holidays doing admin work. I guess I have made my choice.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P Offline
          Pooh Bear
          last edited by

          My elder son had graduated from Pri 6 last year. He got 262. Very happy for him. In his last year, his form teacher and his class really "chiong". Spoke to his form teacher many times on preparation for PSLE and we were all motivated for the final dash with the kids. Last year, his class (best class) got average of 25X. Other parents and the form teacher were very happy.

          Ultimately u make the best of the Pri school life. I am happy to make this choice, esp it is near my house and kids are well-balanced and happy. Can’t ask for more.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            soursop
            last edited by

            [quote]Hi soursop, any news on when the school will be going single session?[/quote]
            Hi leo,

            Sorry I guess none of us asked that question during the PTC cos everybody was kan chiong over how the marks, exam, ranking, remedial classes...etc. would be.. 😓 But i signed up as a PSG member so maybe I can ask. Oh...did I mention that they already have remedial classes for P1 students for all subjects? Maths, Eglish and MT.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              soursop
              last edited by

              Wow! Poohbear! Your son did great! Congratulations! Which school is he in now? Yeah, I heard that for the top 2 classes, the teachers really 'chiong\" one. That's why I'm really hoping that DD gets into top 2 classes 🙏


              Was it difficult to get into the Challenge class? If all the students get 25X then really the standard is good! I heard the new principal is very good :nunchuk: too compared to the ex-retiring principal cos already quite \"boh chap\" :siam:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                leo
                last edited by

                soursop:
                [quote]Hi soursop, any news on when the school will be going single session?

                Hi leo,

                Sorry I guess none of us asked that question during the PTC cos everybody was kan chiong over how the marks, exam, ranking, remedial classes...etc. would be.. 😓 But i signed up as a PSG member so maybe I can ask. Oh...did I mention that they already have remedial classes for P1 students for all subjects? Maths, Eglish and MT.[/quote]Remedial classes for P1 students??? :scared:

                Think if there is no news so far it will mean that it will not going single session next year... thanks...

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  springwater
                  last edited by

                  Hi dear SotongMummy, soursop and PoohBear,


                  Really appreciate your sharing about you and your child’s experience with Admiralty Primary School! It’s so much encouraging to get to know more ‘insider’ details about this school… It will definitely help those who are considering to register our child for 2013 intake like me…

                  And also really happy for your child’s enjoying the school life… To me it’s so much important however so hard to achieve in so-called top p-schools…

                  May your child continues his/her happy and healthy learning journey with good foundations within them!

                  Springwater

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    awesome
                    last edited by

                    Wow…nice to hear so many positive comments about ADMPS. I am happy for you, Pooh Bear. I hope my DD will enjoy her primary school years and also achieve good results.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      Pooh Bear
                      last edited by

                      Hi folks:

                      my DS is now in NUS High. Competition is much higher, well, that’s expected. He has to strive to do his best, since I can’t coach him anymore. Too difficult for me now.
                      My younger DS is also in Challenge class. Err…i don’t know what’s recipe to get into Challenge. I can only say that teachers count a lot in the final 100m dash. Can be pretty stressful for kids in P6. Lots of moral support needed. This year, the school has started Maths Olympia classes for selected kids. I am surprised since my older DS did not have such classes previously, whereas other schools already have such schemes. There are pros and cons in having such "enrichment" classes, which I have mixed feelings. Anyway younger DS enjoys it so I let it be. Ultimately we have to "hear" what the kids want and can do.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        soursop
                        last edited by

                        Poohbear,


                        Am very happy for you that you have such good and intelligent sons. I'm sure you're very proud of them. You must also have done a good job in nurturing and coaching them. Well done! :celebrate: Wah..NUS High must be challenging but with your moral support, they should do just fine. I think your example is what all of us parents want with our children, for them to have fun and happy primary years and still be able to achieve good results to take them to a reputable Sec school. :rahrah: Do share with us your tips in how to cope with the Primary years...tuition? enrichment? strict schedule? :scratchhead:

                        Right now, DD's work seems relaxed and fun..but I keep reminding myself that this is the honeymoon year and I dread it when P3 comes.... :scared:

                        Maths Olympiad in Admiralty? Hmm..I guess the new Principle is trying to upgrade the standard of this school..which is good. I was hoping that they would introduce it to the school cos Woodgrove has it and the Maths level in that school is very high. Hopefully it would be more good than bad...albeit all the stress and time etc.. :xedfingers:

                        Thanks again for sharing Poohbear! :hi5:

                        ADMPS oragninized an inline skating 2 day course over the recent Mar holidays...good to see that even on holidays this school takes the effort to hold extra non-academic related classes to allow the students get more exposure. True to what they want their students to be...all rounded... :celebrate:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 3 / 10
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy