Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Toa Payoh] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    1.3k Posts 206 Posters 702.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      bbhome
      last edited by

      how are the chances for Maria Stella for Phase 2C within 2 km ? I tired to call the school but they say they are very busy and don’t have time to check for me.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        bebe
        last edited by

        morach:


        Hi JJJmom, I wish I could be in your position ... at least my choice would be clear. Without hesitation, I would choose OLN because of its distance and don't have to subject to the ballot stress! Looking at the take up rate at TP, I think there is going to be balloting for more than 1km.

        If you are within 2km to OLN, you can consider Holy Innocents. My cousin is a teacher in the school and she is filled with praises for HI. Unfortunately, Hougang is too far and I don't want my girl to spend too much time travelling.

        Very stress leh, still no feedback from anyone on Cedar Primary! Looks like nobody knows about this school.
        HI is also a popular sch..remaining 90 vacancies for phrase 2B and 2C..therefore highly likely balloting is needed for 1-2km.
        I m also keen to know more abt Cedar Pri..I think this is a mixed sch and is not affiliated to Cedar Secondary sch right?
        What abt Kheng Cheng and First TPY Pri?

        My first choice is CHIJ (TP) - hopefully no balloting required for <1km under 2C. 2nd choice would be Marymount Convent.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          ashley
          last edited by

          Hi there, any feedbacks or comments about Marymount convent? Seems very secluded up the hill at Marymount road. Have quite a fair bit of seats which I think under 2C does not require any balloting >1km. appreciate any feedbacks in this school.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            Gan Chiong Spider
            last edited by

            Hi,


            I registering for my boy P1 this year but am wondering is Maris Stella a better school than St Joseph Junior or St Anthony Primary? Pls advise. Help!! Help!!

            > Moderator’s note: Threads merged.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              morach
              last edited by

              bebe:

              HI is also a popular sch..remaining 90 vacancies for phrase 2B and 2C..therefore highly likely balloting is needed for 1-2km.
              I m also keen to know more abt Cedar Pri..I think this is a mixed sch and is not affiliated to Cedar Secondary sch right?
              What abt Kheng Cheng and First TPY Pri?

              My first choice is CHIJ (TP) - hopefully no balloting required for <1km under 2C. 2nd choice would be Marymount Convent.
              Hi Bebe,
              Cedar Pri has no affilation to Cedar Sec. Your chance to CHIJ TP is good since you are less than 1 km. You don't have to worry. Is Marymount Convent good?? I may have to consider this school too.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                bebe
                last edited by

                morach:


                Hi Bebe,
                Cedar Pri has no affilation to Cedar Sec. Your chance to CHIJ TP is good since you are less than 1 km. You don't have to worry. Is Marymount Convent good?? I may have to consider this school too.
                I din get much feedback on Marymount Convent..very low profile sch..but I was told that the sch has a strong parent-teacher network support. I think the sch is comparable to CHIJ TP..both are equally strong in language and music...however CHIJ TP has affiliated sec sch..and CHIJ TP location is better..for me I find transport an issue for Marymount Convent..dat place is indeed secluded..reminds me of nursing home..

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  smallfly
                  last edited by

                  [Moderator's note: Topics merged.]


                  Hi,

                  Anybody has any comments on CHIJ (Toa Payoh)?

                  Rdgs,

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    heutistmeintag
                    last edited by

                    smallfly:
                    Hi,


                    Anybody has any comments on CHIJ (Toa Payoh)?

                    Rdgs,
                    My fren's daughter is in it, havent heard any violent complaints and knowing how fussy my fren could be, I think this school should be good. Well, I didnt ask him about her academic results but she is a very well behaved girl.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      JJJmom
                      last edited by

                      [quote]Hi JJJmom, I wish I could be in your position ... at least my choice would be clear. Without hesitation, I would choose OLN because of its distance and don't have to subject to the ballot stress! Looking at the take up rate at TP, I think there is going to be balloting for more than 1km.


                      If you are within 2km to OLN, you can consider Holy Innocents. My cousin is a teacher in the school and she is filled with praises for HI. Unfortunately, Hougang is too far and I don't want my girl to spend too much time travelling.

                      Very stress leh, still no feedback from anyone on Cedar Primary! Looks like nobody knows about this school.[/quote]Hi Morach,
                      My girl got in OLN. She being the youngest, every1 in the family objects her going to HIPS, all wanted her to be in CHIJ. Besides HIPS learns Higher MT since P1, stress for parents! So the most logical choice is OLN. Did you go for Cedar Girls?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • jedamumJ Offline
                        jedamum
                        last edited by

                        JJJmom:
                        Did you go for Cedar Girls?

                        Please note that Cedar Primary is a mixed school. Cedar Girls is a Secondary School and is not affiliated to Cedar Primary.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 130
                        • 131
                        • 3 / 131
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy