All About Bullying
-
Nebbermind\" post_id=\"1960421\" time=\"1579742028\" user_id=\"15571:
scary isn't it?
Years ago, my girl told me how a group of them was confronted by a mommy for not talking/playing with the daughter. Makes me wonder dunno who bully who.
schools today can be a toxic environment. if we work in such an environment, we can quit. but unfortunately our kids cannot do so. I really pity my daughter.
getting her to wake up every morning to go to school is very tough. last year, she was very buddy with a girl...suddenly after the year end holidays, she became a different person altogether and even passing sarcastic remarks to my daughter. complete change!
every day, myself/hubby/son will tell her it's ok to be alone instead of hanging out with a girl who is so mean. I know my girl...she is not the troublemaker kind nor materialistic. when this ex-buddy became so mean, my daughter's mood plunged. that girl even brainwashed the others to say mean things like 'so stupid' or 'what's so big deal about dental appointment to have to leave school early?'
it breaks my heart to see her sob. -
Toxic people are everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if girls are by nature more bitchy.
I remember one mummy friend told me that in her DD’s class, a few girls ganged up to unfriend this girl. It was during psle and this girl was so affected that she did badly for her PSLE. So I was advised to watch out for such things.
Another horrifying thing I heard over radio was, a parent was called up by school counselor regarding a bullying case in school. The parent was very upset and shocked, her daughter was not the victim (the usual case) but the bully!! So the counselor said, often we think our kids could be one of the victims and overlooked the possibility that our kids could be the bully. We need to let our kids know, ganging up against someone is not right. -
lee_yl\" post_id=\"1960473\" time=\"1579759418\" user_id=\"17023:
Sometimes it's difficult to tell who is telling the truth. Even teachers can be bias in judging the kids and give the benefit of doubt to the kids she favours more. Personally had such an encounter. The 'victim' finally owned up that he fabricated the story to avoid being scolded by his mom.
Toxic people are everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if girls are by nature more bitchy.
I remember one mummy friend told me that in her DD’s class, a few girls ganged up to unfriend this girl. It was during psle and this girl was so affected that she did badly for her PSLE. So I was advised to watch out for such things.
Another horrifying thing I heard over radio was, a parent was called up by school counselor regarding a bullying case in school. The parent was very upset and shocked, her daughter was not the victim (the usual case) but the bully!! So the counselor said, often we think our kids could be one of the victims and overlooked the possibility that our kids could be the bully. We need to let our kids know, ganging up against someone is not right.
Another case was a mommy went to the schoolbus driver to complain about her son being hit...only to find out from the video recording that it was her son who started the fight.
There was also the unpleasant girl in my earlier post whom no one like to tall to...and the mom went to confront the schoolmates...just look at the behavior of the mom...kid probably just her reflection.
Of course, we still have to teach our kids not to be nasty and manipulative....and also have to be strong when at the receiving end -
I always think we better not confront the bully kid as we are adults and they are still kid…
-
as parents, we have to communicate regularly with our kids…listen to them and know what they face everyday.
-
Bullying can affect one’s life and can leave a big impact on his or her social, emotional and mental life. It can destroy someone’s life that may lead to death. We should stop or persuade persons who engage in bullying.
-
bullying is very traumatic for kids.
daughter is bullied by her once-very-good-buddy.
to make things worse, she is now terrorised by her home economics teacher (aka food and nutrition).
that teacher always threatens daughter by saying she will call me...I'm like, 'hello, my daughter is 15 going on 16. that's not the way to teach.' last week, daughter had extraction of 2 teeth. I've submitted the MC the same day to her form teacher and she had acknowledged...but this home economics teacher is finding trouble :mad:
the anti-depressant doesn't seem to be kicking in...so my girl is finding excuses not to go to school.
if this nonsense continues, I'm going to escalate the issue to the HOD or principal. -
janet88\" post_id=\"1962027\" time=\"1580827003\" user_id=\"12950:
janet, sorry to hear that..but is anti depressant the best solution at this age/stage? I m concern on the over reliance on medicine and the side effects, if any.
bullying is very traumatic for kids.
daughter is bullied by her once-very-good-buddy.
to make things worse, she is now terrorised by her home economics teacher (aka food and nutrition).
that teacher always threatens daughter by saying she will call me...I'm like, 'hello, my daughter is 15 going on 16. that's not the way to teach.' last week, daughter had extraction of 2 teeth. I've submitted the MC the same day to her form teacher and she had acknowledged...but this home economics teacher is finding trouble :mad:
the anti-depressant doesn't seem to be kicking in...so my girl is finding excuses not to go to school.
if this nonsense continues, I'm going to escalate the issue to the HOD or principal. -
Janet,
Try giving chia seeds for your girl mix with milk or almond milk if she likes. Just learnt that some food helps our body generate more endorphins & keeps depression away. No harm trying as it’s a natural & organic way. -
the anti-depressant will not be for the long term.
for now, her mood is very unstable given the toxic environment.
the medication will be weaned off slowly once the chemical imbalance is settled.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login