Catholic High School
-
firefly38:
:thankyou:Thanks very much, notredame.. & Congrats to your DS' excellent PSLE results !!
Glad to read that you had a great time at the Open House yesterday. Did you venture further in to the Primary section ? I always feel that the Primary side is much brighter than the Secondary side, maybe coz it is on higher ground ? Or maybe, the older boys prefer softer & dimmer lighting..
Actually his results is so-so, not that fantastic. May be due to the effect of this pioneer psle tweak. We do not really know where ds result stands as compared to last year's. My ds P said the psle results this year is unique. It affects the higher-achievers more. Those who might score 250+ last year would likely get 240+ this year....And I find that the scores gap between classes has narrowed.
No, we didn't venture into the Primary section. Already quite lost in the Secondary section! You know, sec sch premises are usually much bigger than pri sch.
The campus is so beautiful & romantic. There is a tower which resembles switzerland's lucerne's tower bridge. Then there are so many koi in the pond & that looks like a Jap garden. :imanisland:
The lights were out at the staircase all the way to the 3rd storey leading to the Hall. There was an empty space on the 2nd floor landing with barriers which looks like a prison in the dark :nailbite: Maybe it's a dance floor? I feel eerie whenever I visit museum & the corridor leading to the Hall gives me that creepy feeling with the artefacts & emperors' portraits. :peekaboo:
Overall, CHS campus is very unique & artistic. It's more like a place of interest rather than a typical sgp school. :rahrah: -
wahwah:
Hi Dreamgear,
Thanks for the prompt response. Do you know if MEP at CHS is 4yr programme or 6 yr? Is audition required if the child already met the admission requirement for MEP? Many thanks in advance.
Im sorry, not able to answer your query as my ds did not go for mep. Maybe you can give the school a call on mon? -
notredame:
notredame,
:thankyou:firefly38:
Thanks very much, notredame.. & Congrats to your DS' excellent PSLE results !!
Glad to read that you had a great time at the Open House yesterday. Did you venture further in to the Primary section ? I always feel that the Primary side is much brighter than the Secondary side, maybe coz it is on higher ground ? Or maybe, the older boys prefer softer & dimmer lighting..
Actually his results is so-so, not that fantastic. May be due to the effect of this pioneer psle tweak. We do not really know where ds result stands as compared to last year's. My ds P said the psle results this year is unique. It affects the higher-achievers more. Those who might score 250+ last year would likely get 240+ this year....And I find that the scores gap between classes has narrowed.
No, we didn't venture into the Primary section. Already quite lost in the Secondary section! You know, sec sch premises are usually much bigger than pri sch.
The campus is so beautiful & romantic. There is a tower which resembles switzerland's lucerne's tower bridge. Then there are so many koi in the pond & that looks like a Jap garden. :imanisland:
The lights were out at the staircase all the way to the 3rd storey leading to the Hall. There was an empty space on the 2nd floor landing with barriers which looks like a prison in the dark :nailbite: Maybe it's a dance floor? I feel eerie whenever I visit museum & the corridor leading to the Hall gives me that creepy feeling with the artefacts & emperors' portraits. :peekaboo:
Overall, CHS campus is very unique & artistic. It's more like a place of interest rather than a typical sgp school. :rahrah:
Wow, such vivid descriptions, I felt like I was at CHS :rahrah: . My DS cannot go to a SAP school, if not with your beautiful portrait of CHS it will be on my list of schools. -
Hi,
Can someone share what time must pupils report to school each day? -
wahwah:
Latest 7.40am. 7.20 to 7.40 is reading timeHi,
Can someone share what time must pupils report to school each day? -
growupmom:
Wow, such vivid descriptions, I felt like I was at CHS :rahrah: . My DS cannot go to a SAP school, if not with your beautiful portrait of CHS it will be on my list of schools.
O, what a pity! I am sure your ds will be impressed by his new sch's environment too.
I forgot to applaud the MEP performers during the open house. They played beautifully. :rahrah: Didn't know trumpet is included in MEP. Thought only piano & violin. Perhaps it's a 2nd instrument? Appreciate the effort they put in as dd also learned music. She would have practised so hard to put up such a performance. Feel like kicking myself for not persuading ds to continue piano. He gave up since p1.
Like to share some jokes from the principal with those who missed the early part of the OH. Not his exact words or order as I ain't no robot:
1. When your son is still in your womb, you prayed that he will have 10 fingers & 10 toes, no need to be handsome, just healthy. 12 years later, you regretted not praying also that he will score 263 for psle. The cop for RI. :rotflmao:
2. For those in IP, 4 yrs later, we will bring the boys to the new joint JC...to meet the girls from SNG & SCGS. 1 boy to 2 girls.. :evil: . We have planned this for your sons.
3. (He was talking about chs cop) Having said this, please don't turn to your son now and say \"See, I told you to work harder! Now you missed by 1 point!\" :spank: (He emphasises that we must show our love to our kids. :grphug:
4. Nowadays, we cannot say neighbourhood sch as all schools are good schools. But I prefer to call Cat High a premium sch. All schs are good schs but not all schs are premium schs. :imcool:
5. He 'chanted' the sch vision \"The Catholic High student is a gentleman and bilingual scholar of high integrity and robust character, who is passionate about life, learning and service to others\" like a robot several times & said all parents must memorise this when their sons got in to Cat High.
The jokes might lose their effect in writing but they were real funny for us sitting in the hall as audience.
-
i agree the prinicpal is really funny!
-
Can tell the sch environment is good, from the smiles on the studentsβ and teachersβ faces.
-
growupmom:
notredame,
:thankyou:notredame:
[quote=\"firefly38\"]Thanks very much, notredame.. & Congrats to your DS' excellent PSLE results !!
Glad to read that you had a great time at the Open House yesterday. Did you venture further in to the Primary section ? I always feel that the Primary side is much brighter than the Secondary side, maybe coz it is on higher ground ? Or maybe, the older boys prefer softer & dimmer lighting..
Actually his results is so-so, not that fantastic. May be due to the effect of this pioneer psle tweak. We do not really know where ds result stands as compared to last year's. My ds P said the psle results this year is unique. It affects the higher-achievers more. Those who might score 250+ last year would likely get 240+ this year....And I find that the scores gap between classes has narrowed.
No, we didn't venture into the Primary section. Already quite lost in the Secondary section! You know, sec sch premises are usually much bigger than pri sch.
The campus is so beautiful & romantic. There is a tower which resembles switzerland's lucerne's tower bridge. Then there are so many koi in the pond & that looks like a Jap garden. :imanisland:
The lights were out at the staircase all the way to the 3rd storey leading to the Hall. There was an empty space on the 2nd floor landing with barriers which looks like a prison in the dark :nailbite: Maybe it's a dance floor? I feel eerie whenever I visit museum & the corridor leading to the Hall gives me that creepy feeling with the artefacts & emperors' portraits. :peekaboo:
Overall, CHS campus is very unique & artistic. It's more like a place of interest rather than a typical sgp school. :rahrah:
Wow, such vivid descriptions, I felt like I was at CHS :rahrah: . My DS cannot go to a SAP school, if not with your beautiful portrait of CHS it will be on my list of schools.[/quote]
I really agreed on this......really eerie....maybe the Principal should do some renovations on this part....get the staircase leading to every floor expose to sunlight. -
notredame:
growupmom:
Wow, such vivid descriptions, I felt like I was at CHS :rahrah: . My DS cannot go to a SAP school, if not with your beautiful portrait of CHS it will be on my list of schools.
O, what a pity! I am sure your ds will be impressed by his new sch's environment too.
I forgot to applaud the MEP performers during the open house. They played beautifully. :rahrah: Didn't know trumpet is included in MEP. Thought only piano & violin. Perhaps it's a 2nd instrument? Appreciate the effort they put in as dd also learned music. She would have practised so hard to put up such a performance. Feel like kicking myself for not persuading ds to continue piano. He gave up since p1.
Like to share some jokes from the principal with those who missed the early part of the OH. Not his exact words or order as I ain't no robot:
1. When your son is still in your womb, you prayed that he will have 10 fingers & 10 toes, no need to be handsome, just healthy. 12 years later, you regretted not praying also that he will score 263 for psle. The cop for RI. :rotflmao:
2. For those in IP, 4 yrs later, we will bring the boys to the new joint JC...to meet the girls from SNG & SCGS. 1 boy to 2 girls.. :evil: . We have planned this for your sons.
3. (He was talking about chs cop) Having said this, please don't turn to your son now and say \"See, I told you to work harder! Now you missed by 1 point!\" :spank: (He emphasises that we must show our love to our kids. :grphug:
4. Nowadays, we cannot say neighbourhood sch as all schools are good schools. But I prefer to call Cat High a premium sch. All schs are good schs but not all schs are premium schs. :imcool:
5. He 'chanted' the sch vision \"The Catholic High student is a gentleman and bilingual scholar of high integrity and robust character, who is passionate about life, learning and service to others\" like a robot several times & said all parents must memorise this when their sons got in to Cat High.
The jokes might lose their effect in writing but they were real funny for us sitting in the hall as audience.
I was there with my P5 son. I really enjoyed the Principal's talk....a humourous Principal.....my son really likes the school and the Principal.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login