Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    DSA 2011

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    9.2k Posts 317 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • F Offline
      Funx3
      last edited by

      phankao:
      vlim:


      Oh is it, mainly DSA under cca.. :roll: I thought only left 2 yrs only so schools would like students with good grades to join them so tt the school will have good A level results record mah ... πŸ˜‰

      They still need their National schools' awards and medals, mah.

      My Gal's NAFA T told us last Sunday tt One Gal DSA into RI Year 5 successfully thru Dance ....
      I'm Surprise when I heard this (DSA to JC with CCA) as Well .... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        vlim
        last edited by

        Pen88n:
        Otah:

        [A good sum of income from DSA fee πŸ˜‚


        No la, to be fair to NJC, it did not charge another fee for 2nd round selection camp (unlike NUS High). Fee already included in first application.

        Maybe like kids applying for more than 1 school DSA - to have more choice & just in case, NJC just want to have a bigger pool to choose from........

        But if they were to offer so little CO and if most of the kids whom they offer CO also get co from other school...then end up they will have even lesser kids going to their schools thru dsa as certainly some will not accept the offer.. :roll:..plus they don't offer WL this yr right..So lets see what is its this yr cop.. πŸ˜‰

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          MandyMummy
          last edited by

          Funx3:
          phankao:

          [quote=\"vlim\"]
          Oh is it, mainly DSA under cca.. :roll: I thought only left 2 yrs only so schools would like students with good grades to join them so tt the school will have good A level results record mah ... πŸ˜‰

          They still need their National schools' awards and medals, mah.

          My Gal's NAFA T told us last Sunday tt One Gal DSA into RI Year 5 successfully thru Dance ....
          I'm Surprise when I heard this (DSA to JC with CCA) as Well .... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚[/quote]Usually CCA involved are the performing arts and sports. I read in the papers that some good basketball players from CHS DSAed into RI and HCI.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • Y Offline
            yukilei
            last edited by

            vlim:
            Pen88n:

            [quote=\"Otah\"][A good sum of income from DSA fee πŸ˜‚


            No la, to be fair to NJC, it did not charge another fee for 2nd round selection camp (unlike NUS High). Fee already included in first application.

            Maybe like kids applying for more than 1 school DSA - to have more choice & just in case, NJC just want to have a bigger pool to choose from........

            But if they were to offer so little CO and if most of the kids whom they offer CO also get co from other school...then end up they will have even lesser kids going to their schools thru dsa as certainly some will not accept the offer.. :roll:..plus they don't offer WL this yr right..So lets see what is its this yr cop.. πŸ˜‰[/quote]Maybe they're thinking that those already with CO, will very unlikely turn up for 2nd round, esp the Geppers since NJC is not one of the sch that offer SBGE. Or maybe they only choose mainstreamer for the 20%. :scratchhead:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Y Offline
              yukilei
              last edited by

              Before the NJC saga, I thought it might be slightly easier for Geppers to try for non-SBGE sch DSA... I've even told my ds before that maybe he should choose a non-SBGE sch for DSA to \"play safe\".

              oh, How very wrong I am..... :roll:

              Have not heard or read abt DSA to RVH in this forum. Any parents can share on this?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • V Offline
                vlim
                last edited by

                Maybe u are right yukilei... Can u remember those tt posted here and said their kids or some one kids got NJC co, are they mostly mainstreamers or geppers :scratchhead:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • V Offline
                  vlim
                  last edited by

                  yukilei:
                  Before the NJC saga, I thought it might be slightly easier for Geppers to try for non-SBGE sch DSA... I've even told my ds before that maybe he should choose a non-SBGE sch for DSA to \"play safe\".

                  oh, How very wrong I am..... :roll:

                  Have not heard or read abt DSA to RVH in this forum. Any parents can share on this?
                  You can go to the RVHS thread to check it out.
                  Btw if your ds will not take up the CO from the non sbge schools which u have mentioned, even though tt is the only CO tt he get, then actually can forget abt trying ... While this is just my view, as if he accept a school tt is not his dream school at all.. Then later when psle result come out and u find u meet the cop of one of his dream school.. I believe u will appeal and so forth which I heard is very troublesome ... Anyway Jmho ....

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • phankaoP Offline
                    phankao
                    last edited by

                    MandyMummy:
                    Funx3:


                    My Gal's NAFA T told us last Sunday tt One Gal DSA into RI Year 5 successfully thru Dance ....
                    I'm Surprise when I heard this (DSA to JC with CCA) as Well .... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

                    Usually CCA involved are the performing arts and sports. I read in the papers that some good basketball players from CHS DSAed into RI and HCI.

                    yeah, chs has fairly good basketballers. Many DSA into CHS under Basketball in the 1st place anyway.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • phankaoP Offline
                      phankao
                      last edited by

                      vlim:
                      Maybe u are right yukilei... Can u remember those tt posted here and said their kids or some one kids got NJC co, are they mostly mainstreamers or geppers :scratchhead:

                      Mine is a mainstreamer.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        jtoh
                        last edited by

                        yukilei:
                        Before the NJC saga, I thought it might be slightly easier for Geppers to try for non-SBGE sch DSA... I've even told my ds before that maybe he should choose a non-SBGE sch for DSA to \"play safe\".

                        oh, How very wrong I am..... :roll:

                        Have not heard or read abt DSA to RVH in this forum. Any parents can share on this?
                        I think there's some talk about it at the RVH school thread. Why not check out there.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 741
                        • 742
                        • 743
                        • 744
                        • 745
                        • 918
                        • 919
                        • 743 / 919
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy