Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    I Can Read - Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved English
    987 Posts 354 Posters 479.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I Offline
      I Can Read
      last edited by

      I am glad to hear that, lovinglife, how can I contact you?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        I Can Read
        last edited by

        Sorry, schen, I just saw your message too, how can I contact you?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          cleo85
          last edited by

          My gf call the ICR Parkway new number yesterday to find out what happen. She also didn’t receive any letter from the centre. They say parkway parade no longer operate under ICR. Student can be transfer over and reg and dep. but the new centre will no longer have our girl existing teachers and class will suspend for 2 weeks because they are still organizing for teachers. For me, I’ll continue with MES for 1 term. The teacher already know my girl progress and if I move to a new place it’s a brand new teacher and environment. But if I really dun like then I start with ICR next year.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            schen
            last edited by

            I Can Read:
            Sorry, schen, I just saw your message too, how can I contact you?

            Pm you already

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              I Can Read
              last edited by

              Yes, I replied, thanks!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • I Offline
                I Can Read
                last edited by

                Hi everyone! So sorry if there has been some confusion. If you have yet to receive our letter, kindly be informed that the following seven I Can Read® franchises will come to an end on 20th September 2013:


                TIONG BAHRU
                CHOA CHU KANG
                TAMPINES
                WOODLANDS
                JURONG EAST
                PARKWAY
                GOLDHILL

                With effect from 21st September 2013, these seven franchises will no longer be authorised to teach any I Can Read® programmes.

                We wish to clarify that I Can Read® is not related to My English School/My English Pte Ltd and they are not authorised to teach any I Can Read® programmes.

                Thereafter, all affected students will be transferred to our new I Can Read® Centres or the nearest, convenient I Can Read® Centres. We are confident that this change will further improve the learning environment and teaching quality of I Can Read® programmes for your child. Our Teachers and Reading Specialists are highly qualified and must go through the proper I Can Read® training programme conducted by our Master Trainer. You can be assured that I Can Read® is committed to deliver the highest standard in the teaching of I Can Read® programmes to your child.

                In order to facilitate a smooth transition for your child, please contact I Can Read® via the contact details provided below at your earliest convenience:

                I Can Read® Head Office Contact Details
                General enquiries: \t6484 1271
                Email: \[email protected]
                Website:\thttp://www.icanread.asia

                Centre-specific enquiries:
                CENTRE\t HELPLINE\t EMAIL
                TIONG BAHRU \t 9137 9200\[email protected]
                CHOA CHU KANG\t9173 9655\[email protected]
                TAMPINES\t 9729 5778\[email protected]
                WOODLANDS\t 9171 0248\[email protected]
                JURONG EAST\t 9117 9645\[email protected]
                PARKWAY\t 9296 3180\[email protected]
                GOLDHILL\t 9478 5250\[email protected]

                We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or disruption caused. As a token of appreciation for your support of I Can Read®, we are pleased to offer you a discount of SGD150 for all continuing students. This amount will automatically reduce your next term payment.

                Please rest assured that your child’s interest is paramount, and we will be doing all we can to ensure minimal disruption to lessons.

                The I Can Read® System has been created following more than 15 years of meticulous research and development by educational psychologists. Available in over 60 centres across 9 countries, the I Can Read® system is recognised as one of the best reading and English literacy programmes in the world. Since its inception, our programmes have been continually updated based on latest research and feedback from our classroom delivery experience. Created not just for the student who wants to learn to read, but for all students who wish to improve their English literacy skills, I Can Read® is most importantly a tested and proven system. More than 120,000 students have achieved English literacy excellence through our programmes.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • N Offline
                  nagmum
                  last edited by

                  Hi,


                  Thanks for your clarification, I Can Read, I came back to this forum hoping to find some answers and I'm glad I did!

                  The letter with the My English School logo really confused me :? , because my girl was attending I Can Read, how come it suddenly became My English School overnight?

                  Furthermore, when I told them I wanted to stick to what I had paid for, which is I Can Read, and asked for my refund, they said I couldn't get it because I was supposed to give four weeks notice, but how can I give four weeks notice when you changed overnight and didn't give me any advance notice at all?? :frustrated:

                  Actually I thought I Can Read had changed to My English School. But still using on ICR method, but thanks to your explanation, I understand now.
                  I just want to complete the ICR course I do not want to change, because ICR is proven and tested. 😄

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mummyofaa
                    last edited by

                    Hi, I have signed up my girl for TCS at Kovan branch. Any reviews to share for Teacher Pauline ? Thanks in advance !!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      tulipee
                      last edited by

                      schen:
                      Hi all,

                      Anyone heard of this school before? Yesterday received a letter from ICR woodlands, saying that they hav sold the centre 😞 now it will be called \"My English School\".
                      Not sure if their program is good or not, but no changes in fees from ICR which is around for long, n proven....
                      Hi,

                      After all the confusions and posts I have been reading. I decided to called ICR head office (Tel: 6484 1271) to clarify. Apparently, the Woodland and some other franchise centres are not sold, real reason is their franchise contract is DUE and should not be operating.
                      My English School is a brand new school and is not related with I Can Read in anyway. The letter I received from My English School was misleading and that MES has bought over IRC.

                      Anyway, I will be sending my child back to I Can Read at new location.
                      My suggestion, for all the confused parents out there, just call the head office to clarify.
                      Hope the above info is helpful.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D Offline
                        Dino mummy
                        last edited by

                        [quote=\"I Can Read\"]Hi everyone! So sorry if there has been some confusion. If you have yet to receive our letter, kindly be informed that the following seven I Can Read® franchises will come to an end on 20th September 2013:


                        TIONG BAHRU
                        CHOA CHU KANG
                        TAMPINES
                        WOODLANDS
                        JURONG EAST
                        PARKWAY
                        GOLDHILL

                        With effect from 21st September 2013, these seven franchises will no longer be authorised to teach any I Can Read® programmes.

                        We wish to clarify that I Can Read® is not related to My English School/My English Pte Ltd and they are not authorised to teach any I Can Read® programmes.

                        Thereafter, all affected students will be transferred to our new I Can Read® Centres or the nearest, convenient I Can Read® Centres. We are confident that this change will further improve the learning environment and teaching quality of I Can Read® programmes for your child. Our Teachers and Reading Specialists are highly qualified and must go through the proper I Can Read® training programme conducted by our Master Trainer. You can be assured that I Can Read® is committed to deliver the highest standard in the teaching of I Can Read® programmes to your child.

                        In order to facilitate a smooth transition for your child, please contact I Can Read® via the contact details provided below at your earliest convenience:

                        I Can Read® Head Office Contact Details
                        General enquiries: \t6484 1271
                        Email: \[email protected]
                        Website:\thttp://www.icanread.asia

                        Centre-specific enquiries:
                        CENTRE\t HELPLINE\t EMAIL
                        TIONG BAHRU \t 9137 9200\[email protected]
                        CHOA CHU KANG\t9173 9655\[email protected]
                        TAMPINES\t 9729 5778\[email protected]
                        WOODLANDS\t 9171 0248\[email protected]
                        JURONG EAST\t 9117 9645\[email protected]
                        PARKWAY\t 9296 3180\[email protected]
                        GOLDHILL\t 9478 5250\[email protected]

                        We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or disruption caused. As a token of appreciation for your support of I Can Read®, we are pleased to offer you a discount of SGD150 for all continuing students. This amount will automatically reduce your next term payment.

                        Please rest assured that your child’s interest is paramount, and we will be doing all we can to ensure minimal disruption to lessons.



                        Hi,
                        I am confused now. I din receive any letter fr ICR on transferring my DS to another ICR branch. He is with ICR CCK now.I only received a letter from MES on the changes, fees, teachers etc...nothing was mentioned on transferring to another ICR centre. Term 4 starts this week so am I expecting another letter fr ICR on the proposed transfer?
                        There is no nearby ICR since the ones at JE and Woodlands are affected too...so what is the alternative?

                        Cant help it but I tink I have to say that the transfer could have been done better..a joint letter shoud be issued stating all the alternatives and not left us (affected ones) trying to guess and go around looking for details.

                        I felt I am left no choice but to stick to MES, at least till end of the year. Most English enrichment centers are full now, the switch is not easy.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 65
                        • 66
                        • 67
                        • 68
                        • 69
                        • 98
                        • 99
                        • 67 / 99
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy