Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About A Levels

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees
    1.5k Posts 361 Posters 477.1k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      Skyed
      last edited by

      Depends. What are you appealing with?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        Skyed
        last edited by

        dreamerz718:
        I've got a raw of 8

        Eng A2
        Chem A1
        Bio A1
        E.Lit A1
        combined humans A1
        emath A2
        HCL D7

        so 8-2=6, offered ESIP

        do I have a chance of appealing successfully in VJC science? because I heard it is risky to put a school you don't meet the COP for as first choice....or should I be content with gunning for ACJC?
        ( a little desperate, sorry)
        any opinion is very much welcomed!!
        Are you planning to appeal to VJ if you don't get in? If so, then put VJ as first choice. I think it's pretty safe to put AC as second, chances are you'll get in even if it's your first or second choice.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D Offline
          dreamerz718
          last edited by

          Skyed:
          dreamerz718:

          I've got a raw of 8

          Eng A2
          Chem A1
          Bio A1
          E.Lit A1
          combined humans A1
          emath A2
          HCL D7

          so 8-2=6, offered ESIP

          do I have a chance of appealing successfully in VJC science? because I heard it is risky to put a school you don't meet the COP for as first choice....or should I be content with gunning for ACJC?
          ( a little desperate, sorry)
          any opinion is very much welcomed!!

          Are you planning to appeal to VJ if you don't get in? If so, then put VJ as first choice. I think it's pretty safe to put AC as second, chances are you'll get in even if it's your first or second choice.

          yes i intend to appeal, and make a very good effort to appeal....do i stand a chance? even if it is a small one?
          am i ruining my chances of AC just incase i fail to get into vjc?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • D Offline
            dreamerz718
            last edited by

            Skyed:
            Depends. What are you appealing with?

            i have no idea...the appeal form just asked me to attach my result slip and sec 3 to 4 results...

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Skyed
              last edited by

              dreamerz718:
              Skyed:

              Depends. What are you appealing with?


              i have no idea...the appeal form just asked me to attach my result slip and sec 3 to 4 results...

              If you don't have any significant achievements or your CCA isn't one of VJ's niche CCAs, then you should just aim AC I think. And also, what are your results?? If your nett is 6 then definitely AC, unless you're interested in arts in which case, you have a decent shot at VJ.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                Skyed
                last edited by

                dreamerz718:
                Skyed:

                [quote=\"dreamerz718\"]I've got a raw of 8

                Eng A2
                Chem A1
                Bio A1
                E.Lit A1
                combined humans A1
                emath A2
                HCL D7

                so 8-2=6, offered ESIP

                do I have a chance of appealing successfully in VJC science? because I heard it is risky to put a school you don't meet the COP for as first choice....or should I be content with gunning for ACJC?
                ( a little desperate, sorry)
                any opinion is very much welcomed!!

                Are you planning to appeal to VJ if you don't get in? If so, then put VJ as first choice. I think it's pretty safe to put AC as second, chances are you'll get in even if it's your first or second choice.

                yes i intend to appeal, and make a very good effort to appeal....do i stand a chance? even if it is a small one?
                am i ruining my chances of AC just incase i fail to get into vjc?[/quote]You are not 'ruining' your chance at AC. If you have something significant to appeal to VJ with, I would encourage you to put it as your first choice. I believe you're a safe 6 pointer for AC because your raw is 8, which is better than those who apply to AC with 10-4, and posting is based off raw score after nett score.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • D Offline
                  dreamerz718
                  last edited by

                  alright! thank you for your kind response šŸ™‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    dreamerz718
                    last edited by

                    Skyed:
                    dreamerz718:

                    [quote=\"Skyed\"]Depends. What are you appealing with?


                    i have no idea...the appeal form just asked me to attach my result slip and sec 3 to 4 results...

                    If you don't have any significant achievements or your CCA isn't one of VJ's niche CCAs, then you should just aim AC I think. And also, what are your results?? If your nett is 6 then definitely AC, unless you're interested in arts in which case, you have a decent shot at VJ.[/quote]Eng A2
                    Math A2
                    Chem A1
                    Bio A1
                    E.lit A1
                    combined humans A1
                    HCL D7

                    i would want to go to sci stream...although my arts and science are balanced, i have a greater inclination towards the sciences.
                    my intended combi is H2 chem bio lit, H1 math

                    my CCA is chinese orchestra...i doubt it is a niche in VJC..but definitely a niche in my sch

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      Skyed
                      last edited by

                      dreamerz718:

                      Eng A2
                      Math A2
                      Chem A1
                      Bio A1
                      E.lit A1
                      combined humans A1
                      HCL D7

                      i would want to go to sci stream...although my arts and science are balanced, i have a greater inclination towards the sciences.
                      my intended combi is H2 chem bio lit, H1 math

                      my CCA is chinese orchestra...i doubt it is a niche in VJC..but definitely a niche in my sch
                      You're right, it's not one of VJ's niche ccas. However, since you said it's a niche for your school, I'm assuming you represented your school and won stuff/leadership in it?? If so, then I think you may have a chance at appealing.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D Offline
                        dreamerz718
                        last edited by

                        Skyed:
                        dreamerz718:


                        Eng A2
                        Math A2
                        Chem A1
                        Bio A1
                        E.lit A1
                        combined humans A1
                        HCL D7

                        i would want to go to sci stream...although my arts and science are balanced, i have a greater inclination towards the sciences.
                        my intended combi is H2 chem bio lit, H1 math

                        my CCA is chinese orchestra...i doubt it is a niche in VJC..but definitely a niche in my sch

                        You're right, it's not one of VJ's niche ccas. However, since you said it's a niche for your school, I'm assuming you represented your school and won stuff/leadership in it?? If so, then I think you may have a chance at appealing.

                        it's hard to say whether i've won stuff...because even if i did...it's more of a group thing, not individually because i'm in an orchestra.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 73
                        • 74
                        • 75
                        • 76
                        • 77
                        • 153
                        • 154
                        • 75 / 154
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy