Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    BOOK Fairs

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Happenings
    1.5k Posts 181 Posters 675.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mummy of 2
      last edited by

      I see another potential member for our BA šŸ˜‰

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        hquek
        last edited by

        Actually when I buy from overseas, I usually ask friends who are coming back to carry back; or I'll be the mule.


        No clue about shipping in china (or even if it can be trusted). Yup, my last trip I specially checked out the prices in dangdang before deciding if I want to lug it back.

        FYI, books in Malaysia. I think are cheaper than in SG. I like to buy chinese books in Malaysia since quite a few of those are printed there. Can use popular card also. yet another place to stake out.

        Yah, books not cheap at all; but buying at sales can make a whole world of difference. Eg, Little Men books retail for $7 at MPH stores; it was going for $1.80 (after all discounts). :!: 😐

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          hquek
          last edited by

          mummy of 2:
          I see another potential member for our BA šŸ˜‰

          Honestly we should just borrow off each other...I think the few BA potentials can open library liao. Just that the stress of making sure my kids don't damage other pp's 'xin gan bao bei' gets me all worked up.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mummy of 2
            last edited by

            hquek:
            Honestly we should just borrow off each other...I think the few BA potentials can open library liao. Just that the stress of making sure my kids don't damage other pp's 'xin gan bao bei' gets me all worked up.

            Plus tracking where our books are, and whose books we are holding on to :!:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • T Offline
              tree nymph
              last edited by

              I went to expo on sunday and i u-turn back home. messy and i got a headache... last year (or was it the year before?) i went on the first day and i managed to carry a trolley load of books out from the sale. I think i will go first day next year (if they have any). Now after reading hquek's review, regretted that I didn't make an effort to sort out the mess... šŸ˜ž


              What is BA?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tree nymph
                last edited by

                hquek:



                FYI, books in Malaysia. I think are cheaper than in SG. I like to buy chinese books in Malaysia since quite a few of those are printed there. Can use popular card also. yet another place to stake out.

                Yah, books not cheap at all; but buying at sales can make a whole world of difference. Eg, Little Men books retail for $7 at MPH stores; it was going for $1.80 (after all discounts). :!: 😐
                I also buy my kid's piano books from Malaysia's Popular too. its cheaper and can still get a discount using their popular card.

                Little Men books at $1.80 per book??? gotta kick myself! 😢 😢

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  hquek
                  last edited by

                  tree nymph:
                  I went to expo on sunday and i u-turn back home. messy and i got a headache... last year (or was it the year before?) i went on the first day and i managed to carry a trolley load of books out from the sale. I think i will go first day next year (if they have any). Now after reading hquek's review, regretted that I didn't make an effort to sort out the mess... šŸ˜ž


                  What is BA?
                  BA = books anonymous. Supposedly something that should help book crazed pp along. But seems like all we are (or rather I am) doing is to egg each other on by sharing where got best deals. :?:

                  Well, if you find everything a mess; one tip. Follow the staff unloading new books - there may be something you want. If they are unpacking from pallet even better. OR, resort to looking through the discarded boxes. There may be good finds in there that pp don't want. Please check if the box belongs to anybody first....dunwan to cause a fight. šŸ˜„

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    hquek
                    last edited by

                    tree nymph:

                    I also buy my kid's piano books from Malaysia's Popular too. its cheaper and can still get a discount using their popular card.

                    Little Men books at $1.80 per book??? gotta kick myself! 😢 😢
                    Yah, now DH also scared of me when going Malaysia. I borrowed other pp's popular card the last time round.

                    It's ok lah, they will have that again I'm sure....have seen the LMLM series quite many times.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      buds
                      last edited by

                      So, what's your damage from MPH this time, hquek?


                      I didn't get to go eventually.. 😢

                      All of us unwell.

                      Popular Malaysia sale! :!:

                      :drool:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        hquek
                        last edited by

                        buds:
                        So, what's your damage from MPH this time, hquek?


                        I didn't get to go eventually.. 😢

                        All of us unwell.

                        Popular Malaysia sale! :!:

                        :drool:
                        It was the worst ever - damage done to my card. šŸ˜› I think I went berserk at the idea that things were cheap, also needed shopping therapy, so vented it during mph.

                        oh dear! I hope you all get well soon.

                        My wish also....they have that once a year thing in KL - like the one in suntec. I'm waiting to see if I'm crazy enough to go there for the sale (plus the food lah).

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 20
                        • 21
                        • 22
                        • 23
                        • 24
                        • 150
                        • 151
                        • 22 / 151
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        nhacaiuytincclubN
                        nhacaiuytincclub

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy