All About Autism
-
Fizz:
We give our kids eggs (half boiled, boiled, omelette or chawamushi), mashed potatoes, fruit loops with milk, cakes, bread with fruits and milk.[/quote]wow thanks. usually in the morning very rash. my son love fruits loop too but, this too will cause him to cough (ill)..
I used to give my kids mainly bread with various things (peanut butter, jam, ham, egg, kaya, cheese etc). Also things like muffins, pancakes, little cakes, bao etc. I would try to get items made with wholegrains if possible.slmkhoo:
[quote=\"helplessmum3\"]Mummies,
what are the good breakfast to give your kids before they go CC? my son love cornflakes but whenever he take cornflakes will causes him to cough... so I'm out of quite & ez convenience breakfast ideal. -
Fizz:
You are actually in kind of a similar situation, except that I'm facing P1 and I really am stuck since the registration is closed while you have much more options with preschool. IMO, I think it's better to let them know about your kid's condition and bring your kid down as well. This gives them a fair ground as to whether or not they want to commit themselves to accept him. If they are unwilling, history may well repeat itself and the vicious cycle goes on. If they welcome him with open arms, what discrimination is there to talk about? It also gives you a chance to see how they interact with your boy. Take note of their body language and so on.helplessmum3:
hiaz.. thanks mummies.
is My LIttle Skool suitable for ASD? i will enquiry and hope to put him there.. and will not tell them any thing first. while i hold the current school... n
For us, we also give CDU the go ahead to disclose my boy's condition to his primary school. There is an even higher chance that he may be discriminated as primary schools have no choice to accept or not accept ASD kids. We take a calculated risk as the pros outweigh the cons.
Don't be scared to let the school know, especially if you can choose the school. We should embrace your child, not hide them away!
Fizz, i been calling preschool these days all wait list 100plus over :(... only those 1000++++/month has availability. tat beyond my budgets..
Fizz.
i think i make a mistake to disclose my son condition to this current school, or else they won't treat him differently or segregation him like tat.. or always think he is a problem to handle and keep saying they are not \"special needs teacher\" , at times i wonder, if i did not disclose will they think of strategic to handle him with NT kids attitude, then jus say he is special needs child.
but you too have the point tat i should upfront to let them decide whether they should accept my son first.. -
Double E:
Helplessmum
You are actually in kind of a similar situation, except that I'm facing P1 and I really am stuck since the registration is closed while you have much more options with preschool. IMO, I think it's better to let them know about your kid's condition and bring your kid down as well. This gives them a fair ground as to whether or not they want to commit themselves to accept him. If they are unwilling, history may well repeat itself and the vicious cycle goes on. If they welcome him with open arms, what discrimination is there to talk about? It also gives you a chance to see how they interact with your boy. Take note of their body language and so on.Fizz:
[quote=\"helplessmum3\"]hiaz.. thanks mummies.
is My LIttle Skool suitable for ASD? i will enquiry and hope to put him there.. and will not tell them any thing first. while i hold the current school... n
For us, we also give CDU the go ahead to disclose my boy's condition to his primary school. There is an even higher chance that he may be discriminated as primary schools have no choice to accept or not accept ASD kids. We take a calculated risk as the pros outweigh the cons.
Don't be scared to let the school know, especially if you can choose the school. We should embrace your child, not hide them away!
When I register my boy in his current CC, I told the principal about his condition and asked her if they are able to handle him because I need to be sure that my boy is in good hands and the teachers are open to teaching kids of all kinds. That's when she told me that they had a boy similar to mine in the school and they have no issue with that. And they outrightly told me that if my boy is the violent type and hits other kids, then they will not be able to handle him.
So I do think is helpful to be honest with the school. If need be, just trial for one week or two and see of both your boy and school fit each other.[/quote]DoubleE,
how much is your current cc cost per month? is it convenience to tell me your son school name? maybe you PM me, i can call & try, and if near my work place too? -
verykiasumummy:
i dun see the need to stay put with the cc when u hv doubts or complaints about them... there are plenty out there if location is not a problem to u...
moreover, of cos all cc will hope that their kids there are perfectly alright, quiet and clever... who dun right? but even so, the P or T should not be making comments every now and then to talk about only the bad points of the kids... if u know what i mean..
Yes, thanks VeryKiasuMummy..
I'm now in search of school.. hiaz. its the wait list...:(.. i say wow 100plus wait list , i wait until my son go into P1 still haven get my turn to get in you know.
Kow, what this gov is doing... unless i can afford those high end, SGD1000 over one.. then they have vacancy . -
RE: IHERB.
i have checked IHERB, for NOrdic Naturals Children DHA it cost me USD21.21 for 8 OZ then plus DHL USD12 , its already almost SGD60++ which equiv to VITakids cost ,
How you will manage to get cheaper from IHERB, can share with me your tips? -
helplessmum3:
Firstly, we don't just ship 1 bottle of fish oil. We buy in bulk. So a few bottles of fish oil, some vitamins, probiotics etc.RE: IHERB.
i have checked IHERB, for NOrdic Naturals Children DHA it cost me USD21.21 for 8 OZ then plus DHL USD12 , its already almost SGD60++ which equiv to VITakids cost ,
How you will manage to get cheaper from IHERB, can share with me your tips?
sometimes we share e shipping cost with others.
Not sure how it is now, sometimes the airmail is free. So free shipping. Then plus first timer discount or rebates from your prev purchases/ friends' purchases. -
helplessmum3:
HelplessmumRE: IHERB.
i have checked IHERB, for NOrdic Naturals Children DHA it cost me USD21.21 for 8 OZ then plus DHL USD12 , its already almost SGD60++ which equiv to VITakids cost ,
How you will manage to get cheaper from IHERB, can share with me your tips?
Hee...I will wait for those rare occasions where iherb provides free international shipping (please don't ask me when as they will have it at random)...and I stock up 4 to 6 bottles at once. Even if there is no free shipping, I use international airmail which is only USD4...spread it out between 4 to 6 bottles...it's only USD1 or less per bottle. You can also get first timer discount or friend referral discount...using the code like a mummy offered you here previously. HTH! -
nugget:
HiFizz:
[quote=\"nugget\"]Hi fizz,
Yes, the program I was enquiring about is \"Hanen - it takes two to talk\". It's not a cheap course and it's hosted by the SLT in rehab for parents to learn, then go home apply on thier kids. They called me and say will check with my pd in cdu to see if they can assess my kid to see if he will benefit from the program... shortly after, they get met son in for assessment.
During the assessment I told them my problem of the costly pte SLT and how his eipic dun hv SLT and KKH cdu dun give me SLT sessions, that's why I wanted to go for the hanen program to learn and practice. Maybe save some $ on pte SLT. They say my son is too advance for the course and how abt they offer me SLT sessions instead... I was so happy and took up the SLT sessions.
Where can I find programs offered by KKH Rehab? And can you tell me what is SLT? I was actually interested in the handwriting course as my boy's one is rather big and infantile, but I guess we can work on it at home too by practising.
I'm rather resigned to going to CGC now. But well, I try to goI in without bias and see how it goes...next month...
I was looking though this link and email rehab and got my son an appt. I also let them know we are existing patients of KKH cdu.
And I am also paying subsidized rate for the sessions in rehab.
SLT means speech and language therapy/therapist.
http://www.kkh.com.sg/SERVICES/ALLIEDHEALTHSPECIALTIES/REHABILITATION/Pages/SpeechLanguageTherapy.aspx[/quote]Thanks much, Nugget!
-
do you think use signpost cheaper?
-
Nugget, KKH rehab , therapist is done at kkh location itself or HBP?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login