All About Autism
-
Thanks for your info. I didn’t know that Pathlight is under ARC. But the ARC personnel and ARC teachers told me that ARC is not related to Pathlight.
I feel all EIPIC centers are equally good. It’s just that ARC is perhaps more specialise in autism. -
Specialist in autism already a plus…AMK too far for me
Btw is arc non profit organization too?
Why arc want to Daniel -
helplessmum3:
mummies,
does your ASD kids like to look at mirror of themselves?
When she has something on her head (eg hairband, hair clip, fanciful hair rubber bands), she will request for mirror and admire herself in the mirror, smiling silly. She will also ask us if she looks pretty or not. -
Hi dear mummies
May I ask what is involved in the assessment at KKH CDU if your child may be autistic? Is the assessment done by a psychologist or a developmental paediatrician? Are there scans, blood tests etc or mainly just the assessment by a psychologist?
My 19 month old daughter may be autistic and at the recent routine 18 month old check at NUH, the paediatrician agreed that her speech and motor skills were slow and that she also showed soft signs of autism. He sent her for a thyroid screen which was normal, a hearing test which has been booked for later and an appointment with the NUH CDU for assessment.
As the NUH CDU has a waitlist, I brought her to a private psychologist who says it’s too early to diagnose her now but that yes she is showing some signs of autism. My husband and I are planning to send her to a private autistic centre for ABA. They have a psychologist who can assess her for autism.
I guess my concern is whether there is a need to send her to a paediatrician who specializes in child development such as those at KKH CDU, NUH CDU or a private clinic for a more comprehensive assessment to exclude/include other possible developmental or health issues? Hence would like to know what is involved in the assessment.
Many thanks in advance! -
Whoa!! Yr girl progress so dramatically !
I’m so happy for u. I can’t hardly wait my son start rainbow.
I still remember u ever told me tat yr girl eye contact still very poor few months back…
When did she start to "out" or break through this much?
My son love looking at himself n observe his all kinds of expression n make funny face . -
For me if u not depend on subsidized fee. PLS GIVE A MISS W KKH CDU.
Kkh pd just see yr girl for awhile n will refer u to their physcologist for confirm.
All these process will take u half a yr already due to wait list . -
qui vive,
If your girl is truly showing signs of ASD, then its best quickly to send her for therapy sessions. EIPIC is one good way to help. My son improves a lot after going EIPIC.
Best years of getting intervention is 3-6 years old. Its good that you have spotted early. If you have the time and money, you can sign up EIPIC centres then at the same time look for private therapist for her weak areas.
I am not too sure if you can be referred to sign up EIPIC through private pd or not. -
qui vive,
Can you share what are the ASD traits that your girl is showing at 18 months?
My elder son is only being diagnose at 3.5 years. When he was 18 months, I dun even know what to look out for. -
helplessmum3:
Helpessmum,mummies,
does your ASD kids like to look at mirror of themselves?
My boy can look in the mirror, comb his hair then say \"so handsome\" hahaha. -
Helplessmum
My boy hasn’t started his neurofeedback treatment, appt scheduled next week.
I was on morning leave today and brought my son to his Eipic. So happy to hear him greeting his classmate without me prompting.
But today also allows me to understand that he doesn’t really know how to play with other people. I saw how the EIPIC teacher teach him to play competitively. This is something that I should learn, so that he knows is actually fun to play with friends rather than by himself.
Qui Vive
Agree with Nugget, to diagnose your gal at 19 mths is a bit early, unless she is displaying classic ASD symptoms. I learned that Mr Brown’s (the famous blogger) daughter was diagnosed at 1 year old (he mentioned it in his blog) which is really early but I think is because her daughter was displaying classic symptoms. He mentioned in his blog not too long ago that his daughter’s ASD is the severe kind.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login