Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 2 Offline
      2ppaamm
      last edited by

      You know, don’t label the kid so fast. Mine was labelled too quickly and I spent literally tens of thousands only to find that he was misdiagnosed and went in circles. If the kid is only 2.5 years, can’t we just spend more time and work on little projects. He might just turn back to normal.


      Money is besides the issue, the kid’s self-esteem could be dented forever. I struggled so hard to get out of the loop, and put my son on the recovery road, I don’t hope to see someone falling into it. Having said that, if he truly needs help, there’s no need to get a label to get help. JMHO.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        helplessmum3
        last edited by

        2ppaamm,


        Heard if not labbelled we can’t get help at subsidize rate in Singapore …,

        I’m so confuse now. I’m average income Singaporean who can’t give uP Job. My family need me…

        Shd I or shdnt get him labelled …

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          mashy
          last edited by

          Helplessmum


          U don’t need a label to get subsidized rates. Label is useful only in sch if he needs special attn or needs to go special sch.

          U just need to go polyclinic to get subsidized rates. Altho my son is also under kkh, he is not with the child dev section therapists. He is with rehab therapists in kkh. There is no such thing as only 6 sessions at the rehab side. He has been there for 2 yrs. Sometimes, we can do speech therapy at two week intervals. He attended the sch readiness Prog org by the therapists last dec. I’m going to send him for social skills group next. I wonder how different are the therapists in both sections and which is more effective. After I saw the pd at CDC, she didn’t even refer us to any in house therapists and immediately told me to check out pte ones. Anyway, I’m trying out with the rehab therapists and see if it’s works first.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mashy
            last edited by

            We also did SPOT feeding clinics at rehab to address his feeding sensory issues.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              helplessmum3
              last edited by

              Rehab? What e the diff what kind of cateria ? For their therapy ! Handicap?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • H Offline
                helplessmum3
                last edited by

                Those mummies who went kkh CDC wat is yr pd name?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  helplessmum3
                  last edited by

                  2ppaamm, how does misdiagnose happen? They are doc some even professor ?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mashy
                    last edited by

                    I think it depends on who referred. Normal drs in kkh is to rehab while CDC is to their own therapists. I first saw dr swati for initial diagnosis. After confirmation, now it’s dr lim hong huay.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      helplessmum3
                      last edited by

                      So through rehab will not get labbelled and get all help?


                      I hav another month to decide to bring my son to kkh physiology while I go their OT … Later if my son improve k I reject going to kkh physcologist n continue kkh OT and other therapy?

                      I dun hav budget for thousand of cost every month for such therapies…

                      I m such a failure no mOney no brain dont deserve to hav kid… n ruling his future…

                      Y I bring him here to suffer…

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        helplessmum3
                        last edited by

                        lavendery, since yr daughter not yet see kWh cdc. the chances she might not. what happen to your daughter tat you feel she is?


                        my son learns things very fast tat is autism sign. according to some :‘(,

                        When I give him a letter 6, he will say 6 then he turn around and say 9…
                        if given him a letter W, he will say ‘W’ then turn around and say letter ‘M’…
                        if given him a Square, he will say "square" later the turn its to be a diamond & say "Diamond"…

                        if give two semi circle to him, he will say "semi Circyle" then he take another one join together and say "Circle"…

                        he is only 2.5yrs old… its sign of Autism… some say… :’(

                        HIAZ

                        hIAz…

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 47
                        • 48
                        • 49
                        • 50
                        • 51
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 49 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy