All About Autism
-
Nebbermind:
I'm really :yikes: that the fee is even higher than our Independent Sec Schools!!
Perhaps can approach a NCMP and see if he/she is interested in taking this up for discussion in parliament.
I feel that they should allocate a funding to each special needs child that is at least similar in quantum to what is needed to trained an NT child up to Poly diploma.
Special needs kids are still citizens and part of the nation and should not be paying 'foreigners' school fee! Even PR pays much less!
i tot our Prime Minister son is also special needs it is ah? -
helplessmum3:
but does he need the funding??!! :roll:Nebbermind:
I'm really :yikes: that the fee is even higher than our Independent Sec Schools!!
Perhaps can approach a NCMP and see if he/she is interested in taking this up for discussion in parliament.
I feel that they should allocate a funding to each special needs child that is at least similar in quantum to what is needed to trained an NT child up to Poly diploma.
Special needs kids are still citizens and part of the nation and should not be paying 'foreigners' school fee! Even PR pays much less!
i tot our Prime Minister son is also special needs it is ah?
Seriously, $400 is a lot of $$$ and I'm sure many family out there just cannot afford it. What can be done for these kids? Without early intervention, what will become of them when they become adults? -
wamin:
Mine told me the same. Gene mutation. I am thinking why can't he be Wolverine or something. :slapshead:@slmkhoo, i just hate listening to doctor when they have nothing to blame they just blame genes.
I have 2 kids and both are on spectrum, when doctor was asking us about any of our relative or anyone in family history have issue and upon our answer no he said it is gene mutation.
I understand in US they give 5 day 1.5 hour early everyday home intervention at no cost, any one knows about it? I am paying around 800 for my two kids. -
Nebbermind:
but does he need the funding??!! :roll:[/quote]recently he visited pathlight correct?helplessmum3:
[quote=\"Nebbermind\"]I'm really :yikes: that the fee is even higher than our Independent Sec Schools!!
Perhaps can approach a NCMP and see if he/she is interested in taking this up for discussion in parliament.
I feel that they should allocate a funding to each special needs child that is at least similar in quantum to what is needed to trained an NT child up to Poly diploma.
Special needs kids are still citizens and part of the nation and should not be paying 'foreigners' school fee! Even PR pays much less!
i tot our Prime Minister son is also special needs it is ah?
aiya, u see even rainbow not helping. 3 times per week, each time 2 hrs..
NOT COST -effective at all. and their timing.. this type of system. how to ensure the kids has rest well b4 going there also the transportation here & there...
i have withdraw my son from all EPIC now. he not in any intervention treatment now...
helplesss -
nugget:
Bingo! Here you go. The only other parent besides Jedamum who pm me, that TV worsens her child's condition. There could be some truths in this.
I feel my boy watches too much TV which worsen his condition when he was a baby (my mum just place him in front of TV and she went to do housework). Lesser chance of interaction.
I am thinking the TV makes our young child think the world is just 2 dimensional. No emotions. Hence, they develop such. Hmm..... -
Nebbermind:
:goodpost:I'm really :yikes: that the fee is even higher than our Independent Sec Schools!!
Perhaps can approach a NCMP and see if he/she is interested in taking this up for discussion in parliament.
I feel that they should allocate a funding to each special needs child that is at least similar in quantum to what is needed to trained an NT child up to Poly diploma.
Special needs kids are still citizens and part of the nation and should not be paying 'foreigners' school fee! Even PR pays much less!
I am totally with you on this one.
I think to the nation, SPED people are a liability. But I would say our govt are trying to strengthen the social safety net. Lately there are more awareness of disability as well.
I know these are strong words/views -> I feel all services for disability- physical and mental services should be free. The govt should fund them unconditionally.
Some might argue why should the taxpayers money be funding for these people.. its so unfair esp to people who are working and contributing etc etc.
But these disabilities are not \"disabled\" by choice. Yet all these therapy services/especial aid equipments are so expensive.
Yes they have funding by per income tier. Those at lowest tier pay almost nothing. But I don't understand why does it mean that those in upper tier deserve to pay more or rather subsidize less???
Are our kids less special than those special needs kids from lower income family? I mean special needs are special needs. Either come from rich or poor family, the support required by all these special needs are the same. The stress and pressure felt by the caregivers are the same. Why does parents of the upper income tier has to pay more? To me, I feel the govt is punishing us for having special needs child so make us pay more.
I would rather take these additional money, save up and plan for a future for my son. Yet I need to worry about keeping my job, keeping up with the expenses.. at the same time save for the future for my ASD son.
Sorry I am ranting here... -
Maybe one of us can bring it up to that kueh lapis guy…tell him we are not biting his cake…
-
disabilities only can get fund from donations.

-
what kueh lapis man? :scratchhead:
-
nugget:
because those epic centres only rely on donations ..
:goodpost:Nebbermind:
I'm really :yikes: that the fee is even higher than our Independent Sec Schools!!
Perhaps can approach a NCMP and see if he/she is interested in taking this up for discussion in parliament.
I feel that they should allocate a funding to each special needs child that is at least similar in quantum to what is needed to trained an NT child up to Poly diploma.
Special needs kids are still citizens and part of the nation and should not be paying 'foreigners' school fee! Even PR pays much less!
I am totally with you on this one.
I think to the nation, SPED people are a liability. But I would say our govt are trying to strengthen the social safety net. Lately there are more awareness of disability as well.
I know these are strong words/views -> I feel all services for disability- physical and mental services should be free. The govt should fund them unconditionally.
Some might argue why should the taxpayers money be funding for these people.. its so unfair esp to people who are working and contributing etc etc.
But these disabilities are not \"disabled\" by choice. Yet all these therapy services/especial aid equipments are so expensive.
Yes they have funding by per income tier. Those at lowest tier pay almost nothing. But I don't understand why does it mean that those in upper tier deserve to pay more or rather subsidize less???
Are our kids less special than those special needs kids from lower income family? I mean special needs are special needs. Either come from rich or poor family, the support required by all these special needs are the same. The stress and pressure felt by the caregivers are the same. Why does parents of the upper income tier has to pay more? To me, I feel the govt is punishing us for having special needs child so make us pay more.
I would rather take these additional money, save up and plan for a future for my son. Yet I need to worry about keeping my job, keeping up with the expenses.. at the same time save for the future for my ASD son.
Sorry I am ranting here...
thier limitation too.. all boil down to govt not helping much .
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login