Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tyeoghT Offline
      tyeogh
      last edited by

      jme:
      Double E

      happie birthday to your little guy. My boy just turned 5 too. I have decided pathlight will be the school for him. To have a better chance for him to get in, I withdrew him out from iccp n got him into arc. Tmr is his first day. I like the environment there. I hope it is the right decision.

      hope u r feeling better now.take care
      My 4.2 y.o. boy was offered a place in ARC 3 weeks ago. Had to turn it down bec no transport arrangement. Big decision. Our kids could have been classmates?? Hope your boy likes it there 🙂

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • tyeoghT Offline
        tyeogh
        last edited by

        DesertWind:


        Believe it or not, yesterday I prayed for the first time for the future girl in my boy's life. That in time to come, he will meet a great help-mate who will really love him for who he is and his lovely and kind soul. So that she will take care of him when I am gone. How is it possible when we are all in such a realistic (materialistic) world I don't know. That's why got to start praying now! 😄
        Waaaa.......got more kiasu than this?! LoL!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • tyeoghT Offline
          tyeogh
          last edited by

          The story of an autistic adult. What do you all think?


          https://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/vide ... 37961.html

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • C Offline
            Couragemom
            last edited by

            Hi tyeogh,


            Thanks for the kind words! Let’s thumb our noses at you-know-who together in the near future! LOL!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D Offline
              Double E
              last edited by

              tyeogh:
              The story of an autistic adult. What do you all think?


              https://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/vide ... 37961.html
              That's quite an emotional video. I shouldn't have watched it during office hours (lunch time).

              What do I think? well, what the mother is saying is what all of us here think. Something needs to be done to take care of adults with autism, especially those severe ones like Ashwin in the video. While the mild ones may still have a chance to find a simple job to get by, others like Ashwin really have no where to go if their parents passed on.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                Couragemom
                last edited by

                Hi mommies and 1 daddy,


                Talking about emotional - I was bordering on tears when I watched my NT daughter sang and danced during her CC speech and drama performance on sat. I am immensely proud of my gal but at the back of my head, I am wondering if my son will ever have a part in his new school’s drama performance. Haizz…I am an emotional wreck sometimes.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  mashy
                  last edited by

                  Couragemom:
                  Hi mommies and 1 daddy,


                  Talking about emotional - I was bordering on tears when I watched my NT daughter sang and danced during her CC speech and drama performance on sat. I am immensely proud of my gal but at the back of my head, I am wondering if my son will ever have a part in his new school's drama performance. Haizz...I am an emotional wreck sometimes.
                  Some kids simply don't like to perform. Even if he doesn't perform, it's perfectly fine. In every kindy performance that I watched, there's always a few who will cry or refuse to do anything until 4-5 years old.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    Double E
                    last edited by

                    Couragemom:
                    Hi mommies and 1 daddy,


                    Talking about emotional - I was bordering on tears when I watched my NT daughter sang and danced during her CC speech and drama performance on sat. I am immensely proud of my gal but at the back of my head, I am wondering if my son will ever have a part in his new school's drama performance. Haizz...I am an emotional wreck sometimes.
                    Hi Couragemon
                    not sure if you saw my previous posts. I had the same worry too and guess what, my son did me proud in the school's annual performance last year. He has been selected as one of the kids to recute a poem and he also joined in the group dance segment. His dance was a bit robotic but still, he can follow and did not run around the stage looking helpless!
                    And I must say, he has a good teacher, when he was unable to follow the steps during rehearsals, his teacher took a video of how other kids dance and send it to me, asking me to practice with him at home. I also gave the teacher tips on what she can do so that my son can follow the steps and dance within his boundary. I am sure yours can, he is only 2, as long as you and the teacher work together.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • tyeoghT Offline
                      tyeogh
                      last edited by

                      mashy:
                      In every kindy performance that I watched, there's always a few who will cry or refuse to do anything until 4-5 years old.

                      Agree. And I have the perfect resume to back it up. I have watched each of my child's concert from pre-nursery to K2. Now into my 4th kid. Can you imagine how many kindy concerts I have watched over the years and my phobia of watching yet another kindy concert. Feels like I am born just to watch kindy concerts ....

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • tyeoghT Offline
                        tyeogh
                        last edited by

                        Couragemom:
                        To the psychologist's point of view, playing with sibling and older children are not counted as social interaction, must be peers.

                        Sure or not?! Siblings are ghost ah?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 571
                        • 572
                        • 573
                        • 574
                        • 575
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 573 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy