Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N Offline
      Niu2009
      last edited by

      Double E:
      I looked throught his past worksheets and realised he waste alot of time doing extra work. Eg. for MCQ qns, instead of just writing the number in the bracket, he will write the answer on the blank and in the bracket. So instead of spending 5mins on the MCQ, he could be spending x2 more. Or when instruction asks him to circle his answer, he will purposely draw a square instead.

      If like this case, you need to train the skill. My one is different, finish very fast. So I am training him
      self - checking. If he cares marks then is easier.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        jme
        last edited by

        Hi mummies


        Just to share.. There is a fb group.. Hmm goodness probiotics.. They r nice n generous people willing to share with their water kefir grains n milk kefir grains n info.. If u wanna look for alternatives to heal our kids' guts.. U can join them to find out more...

        Btw I have extra wk grains.. Am ok if anyone wants it.. Still trying to \"grow\" my mk grains.. Can only share when I have more.. Don't pm me ya.. I hardly login.. Couldn't change my pm email add too.. Just post here will do 😄

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • tyeoghT Offline
          tyeogh
          last edited by

          Hi all,

          LTNS. Hope everyone is doing good 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • N Offline
            Niu2009
            last edited by

            Hi all,

            Time flies. Term 2 ending soon. Will go 2nd PTM. So far my DS is good, not hear anything from teachers. No fixed closed friend, but start to mix with classmates sometimes. Overall, he learned many things from his peers. Maybe the big changllening ahead.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              jme
              last edited by

              tyeogh:
              Hi all,

              LTNS. Hope everyone is doing good 🙂
              Thought LTNS a very chim chim acronym.. Went Google then realized it is long time no see :rotflmao:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • sharonkhooS Offline
                sharonkhoo
                last edited by

                Someone sent me this link to an article about autism. Quite a good read.

                http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/ ... m-past-why

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • I Offline
                  ImMeeMee
                  last edited by

                  Hi everyone


                  Haven’t checked in here for quite some time. Trust that we are all keeping in line with our best in caring for our loved ones.

                  Feeling a bit pensive these days. Last night had a chat with DH on DD3 and her future. He said that she will be partially independent but may not be fully independent. But in any case, he highlighted that he is one proud daddy of her achievements and progress.

                  I pondered over the point on adulthood dependency, and it brought me down a few notches. Although I knew DH was speaking the reality, it still hit me hard in the face. The eventual seems to get a bit closer as DD3 grows older by the day, and while I try my utmost to stay positive, the eventual does not seem all bright and sunny. I am only hoping that she is independent into adulthood and even this seems not as near-reaching as I have hoped.

                  There seems to be so many things to do and so little time. And what with us ageing, our physical and mental being seems to start to lag behind and not catching up. That fear becomes real and poignant. I ask for a solution but there seems none.

                  The feeling of helplessness sets in, as I seem to watch things slide by so quickly and fluidly but not able to catch hold of any of them. I want to make things stop for a while, take a breather, collect myself and move forward, but I seemed consumed by the never-endedness.

                  We are who we think, and right now I am not the best of any positive being. This is one of those days where we just have to let go to bring us back up again. While I trust that I will see some silver lining somewhere, as of now I am still looking. Life has it all planned out, I just have to wait for the right moment.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • sharonkhooS Offline
                    sharonkhoo
                    last edited by

                    Always look back to see how far you’ve come. It seems slow when you are in the midst of things, especially if you compare to NT kids of the same age, but if you look back 2 yrs, 5 yrs etc, you will see the improvements.


                    As for adult independence, just remember not to expect it on the same timeline as NT kids. We have come to terms with that with our daughter - at 19, she’s more like 15, and we expect that she will not be like an NT 21yo until she’s 30 or 35! Still, that’s something to look forward to. And maybe total independence may be difficult to achieve, but if she can be independent for 80-90% of things, and she has a social support of sibling/cousins/friends to ask about the 10-20%, she can probably cope even when we are no longer around. That will be the case for your daughter too, so don’t be too down.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • tyeoghT Offline
                      tyeogh
                      last edited by

                      I never did look too far into the crystal ball. It makes me worry for nothing and most of the time, it turns out different from what I imagine it to be. Just go back to first principle. Enjoy our kids for what they are. Enjoy the family time and bonds. Our time together may be short. I have peers who have already gone to the other world. So I cherish the current with my kids, not waste energy figuring out the future. There are aspies before them who survived and there will be aspies after them who will survive. If you don't expect the condo and car lifestyle, our kids are far more resilient than what we make them out to be. Jmho.


                      It's probably one of those moments when you feel defeated. You'd bounce back. Who'd we kidding. You're an aspie mom. Tough as my wife's cookie 😄

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        mashy
                        last edited by

                        I'm also feeling kind of defeated now. Taking one step forward and two steps back. Working very hard now to move against the tide.


                        Gotta cheer ourselves up this period. Getting kind of depressed lately.

                        :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

                        Sale is coming. Gotta do some retail therapy.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 746
                        • 747
                        • 748
                        • 749
                        • 750
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 748 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        RozEliR
                        RozEli
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog
                        Mtzion5M
                        Mtzion5

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy