Best school uniform?
-
verykiasu2010:
Each SCGS uniform was individually tailored in the old days, so they fit each girl perfectly. No gaping holes for peeking through. Now the uniforms are pre-made so less form fitting.LOLMum:
yes, nice uniform but for older girls, have to remember to shave or wax.
a friend told me (when we were still students) people also like to peep because it is sleeveless -
jtoh:
Each SCGS uniform was individually tailored in the old days, so they fit each girl perfectly. No gaping holes for peeking through. Now the uniforms are pre-made so less form fitting.[/quote]thank you for confirming you are at least a generation before meverykiasu2010:
[quote=\"LOLMum\"]yes, nice uniform but for older girls, have to remember to shave or wax.
a friend told me (when we were still students) people also like to peep because it is sleeveless -
verykiasu2010:
thank you for confirming you are at least a generation before me[/quote]They only stopped tailoring the SCGS uniforms a few years ago, so I'm still much younger than you, Uncle vk2010.
Each SCGS uniform was individually tailored in the old days, so they fit each girl perfectly. No gaping holes for peeking through. Now the uniforms are pre-made so less form fitting.jtoh:
[quote=\"verykiasu2010\"]
a friend told me (when we were still students) people also like to peep because it is sleeveless
:laugh:
-
I always think little girls in pinafore uniform look so cute! And my gals will be wearing pinafore for their primary school, but will it be too hot for Singapore weather?
primary school classrooms no air-con right?
Girls' uniform are so nice, unlike boys... mostly white shirt and navy blue/brown/white shorts ... will be so cute if boys can wear a suspender attached to the shorts :roll: -
I was wearing pinafore uniform for some years in primary school and can confirm that it was really hot
and I hated ironing it. I was very happy
when the school uniform was changed to white blouse and A-line skirt after it moved to another location and was renamed. Pinafore is indeed cute but not practical. -
anxious:
I like SCGS uniform
Me too...
-
I wonder why NYGH must have their uniform sleeveless and the entire uniform in white. Not too practical for girls as they may tend to stain their skirts during their monthly cycle. For the top, white and sleeveless some more. See through never mind, still can peep in. :slapshead:
-
Happy Mama:
I wonder why NYGH must have their uniform sleeveless and the entire uniform in white. Not too practical for girls as they may tend to stain their skirts during their monthly cycle. For the top, white and sleeveless some more. See through never mind, still can peep in. :slapshead:
Could it be their heritage? I think there are a couple of Chinese schools which have all white uniforms too right? All-white is very impractical. Especially after a Chinese calligraphy class.
I have friends who decided not to send their girls to NYGH because of the uniform.
-
jtoh:
Yes most Chinese schools Pri and Sec schools have white uniforms eg Nanyang Girls, Pei Hwa Presby Pri, Nanhua, Kong Hwa etc. Really impractical. One art lesson with a splash of paint is enough to destroy the uniform. The other time, DD came back with multi colours on her blouse and skirt. Their teacher has since gotten them to wear oversized tees during art lesson.Could it be their heritage? I think there are a couple of Chinese schools which have all white uniforms too right? All-white is very impractical. Especially after a Chinese calligraphy class.

I have friends who decided not to send their girls to NYGH because of the uniform.
-
I think NYGH's uniform is not very smart-looking, the blouse is not tucked in and it's sleeveless. For girls, they just need to be v careful at that time of the month. As long as the skirt is light-coloured, any stain will be visible.
I think RV has the smartest uniform, not because dd is in RV. All along before dd chose RV, I think the uniform is unique and neat and smart.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login