Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    LCentral Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved English
    2.3k Posts 949 Posters 740.6k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      buzzmario
      last edited by

      thanks for pm, may i know what is the cost per term? thanks again

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        leleyoyo
        last edited by

        buzzmario:
        thanks for pm, may i know what is the cost per term? thanks again

        PMed you.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          sean wife
          last edited by

          Laya:
          SandS:

          [quote=\"Laya\"]


          Yes. She was selected for the pfs pgm after the assessment. Would appreciate any feedback abt the tiong bahru centre.

          Wow! That's very advance for a K2! Did you teach her yourself before this? Well done! 🙂

          Yes. Thx. She too shows interest & cooperates ...[/quote]Er...isn't pfs meant for k2? It means preparation for school right?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            Laya
            last edited by

            They r not assigning the pgm acc to their age/ class. So i hope pfs will give a foundation for the p1 bcaz it focuses on spelling, grammar, oral, comprehension & compo…

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D Offline
              Dino mummy
              last edited by

              leleyoyo:
              buzzmario:

              anyone kid at the one at bedok branch? my pri 2 girl is at i can read, thinking of redrawing her and go for another one. she seem to stuck at the level, no much improvement on composition for her at i can read.


              Hi buzzmario, my son enrolled in Lcentral (BT) since P2 last year, he shows progress in comprehension & composition, especially in grammar. What's important is my son enjoy this class.

              I have pm you the detail for referral, in case you want have a try and both of us can have $30 voucher to offset the program fee.

              Hi Leleyoyo
              Finally, I found someone at LC BT. My boy joined late last year for their Pri 3 program. Shortly aft 2 lessons, his only classmate quit...so I was tinking real hard why the classmate quit...did I make a wrong decision to put in there? Was the teacher not good, teaching method not good....etc etc....So, he is on a 1-1 class for the past mths till this year..now, the class (he is P4 now) has 2 more kids. Frankly speaking, I have not seem any improvments yet....perhaps it takes time...

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                leleyoyo
                last edited by

                Dino mummy:

                Hi Leleyoyo
                Finally, I found someone at LC BT. My boy joined late last year for their Pri 3 program. Shortly aft 2 lessons, his only classmate quit...so I was tinking real hard why the classmate quit...did I make a wrong decision to put in there? Was the teacher not good, teaching method not good....etc etc....So, he is on a 1-1 class for the past mths till this year..now, the class (he is P4 now) has 2 more kids. Frankly speaking, I have not seem any improvments yet....perhaps it takes time...
                Yes it may need some time to see the improvement. My son has been there for 1 year and we saw his improvement only from the 3rd term. They have 2 teachers in LC BT. Last year teacher Christina was very good and my son enjoyed her class very much. She even arranged the class to cope with school exam time and recommended books on composition. This year Christina left and a new lady took over the class, so far so good.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  SandS
                  last edited by

                  sean wife:
                  Laya:

                  [quote=\"SandS\"]

                  Wow! That's very advance for a K2! Did you teach her yourself before this? Well done! 🙂

                  Yes. Thx. She too shows interest & cooperates ...

                  Er...isn't pfs meant for k2? It means preparation for school right?[/quote]Actually my gal is just starting liftoff and her class are mostly k2s as well. PFS would mean that the child is able to read effortlessly already. That's why I think Laya's kid is advance. 🙂

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    Dino mummy
                    last edited by

                    leleyoyo:
                    Dino mummy:


                    Hi Leleyoyo
                    Finally, I found someone at LC BT. My boy joined late last year for their Pri 3 program. Shortly aft 2 lessons, his only classmate quit...so I was tinking real hard why the classmate quit...did I make a wrong decision to put in there? Was the teacher not good, teaching method not good....etc etc....So, he is on a 1-1 class for the past mths till this year..now, the class (he is P4 now) has 2 more kids. Frankly speaking, I have not seem any improvments yet....perhaps it takes time...

                    Yes it may need some time to see the improvement. My son has been there for 1 year and we saw his improvement only from the 3rd term. They have 2 teachers in LC BT. Last year teacher Christina was very good and my son enjoyed her class very much. She even arranged the class to cope with school exam time and recommended books on composition. This year Christina left and a new lady took over the class, so far so good.

                    Mine is a guy teacher..can't recall what is his name. I wont say my boy enjoy the class but he has no prob attending it. Even without any kid in the class, he can chat with the Teacher, anything under the sun. :roll: Last week, with 2 more boys, their topics for chit chatting was :MRT failure.
                    I am hoping to see results cos we have tried different tutors/enrichment centers. Now, we are back to native speaker. We tried native speaker when he was in Pri 1 and 2 and also local tutor. No improvement. So after reading review here, we decided to try LC. Hopefully, not money down the \"loong gang\" again.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • MMMM Offline
                      MMM
                      last edited by

                      Dino mummy:
                      I am hoping to see results cos we have tried different tutors/enrichment centers. Now, we are back to native speaker. We tried native speaker when he was in Pri 1 and 2 and also local tutor. No improvement. So after reading review here, we decided to try LC. Hopefully, not money down the \"loong gang\" again.

                      For us, it's been more than 1 year with Lcentral. Maybe I can provide some comments.

                      For my P1 this year, she did the liftoff with them from term 3 last year. Progressing very well. We see significant improvement in her sight words. Now at success 1, wow the materials seems very cheem and heavy indeed. The spelling words are way more difficult than school. Eg. frightened, scared, etc... versus body parts. Also, looking at the compo, compre and grammar, I wonder how they are going to teach :? If she made it, I believed she will come out stronger than her siblings. However one of the concerns I had was she had a test prep homework which involved grammar cloze... I wondered if the teacher had gone through grammar with them before asking them to do it. Given that it was like a P3 grammar cloze (slightly shorter), I doubt very much they have been fully exposed. So for this area, we need to speak to the teacher to understand more as well as to monitor.

                      Meanwhile for my P4 and P5 this year. I contemplated if I should stop them at end of last year. My P5 told me she wants to continue so we let her. Yes, we see some development and their LC teachers does have good review, however school results is just not there. My P5 did mid 70's for her P4 year end. EL is her weakest subject and our biggest concern. She will be sitting for PSLE next year and we seriously need to push her EL level much higher.

                      Meanwhile my P4 also manage 70 for P3..... Again EL is just his weakest subject. They used to be Band 1 in P1 and P2. But that is not a good reference. Their school does class banding based on 3 subject (excl. chinese) and due to their poor EL showing, it will affect their banding.

                      For us, we are still monitoring. Separately, we also give them other exercises such as grammar, compre,etc... to practise.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • V Offline
                        vicki
                        last edited by

                        I withdrew my ds1 after a few lessons. The materials are good but … (maybe I was suay or it is the way they teach)


                        I’m actually quite a ‘chin chye’ mum but there were so many grammar errors in his marked composition the I couldn’t ‘tahan’ the errors and had to make ds1 redo all his work! N after that experience, i began to diligently chk his work weekly - and somehow, i will manage to find some errors.

                        Just to make sure that I’m not ‘wrong’ in my assessment, I also showed ds’s work to my fil (during his visit to my hse). He was a malaysian school teacher who specialized in teaching English to both students n teachers n he told me - ‘better to take him out cos too many mistakes’.

                        That was late last year - when i ‘signed him’ up during the last part of P1 as a ‘pretext’ to putting him on the P2 English program.

                        I’m not sure if for the reading program (for the below P1) is conducted differently - since it focuses on ‘reading’, not ‘writing’.

                        Pls note - abv is my personal opinion only n to be fair, I thk different centers have different stds n different teachers.

                        The only way to assess if the center is good is to try out the center yourself BUT pls rem to chk ur kids’ work!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 58
                        • 59
                        • 60
                        • 61
                        • 62
                        • 228
                        • 229
                        • 60 / 229
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy