Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Do you cane your child for serious wrongdoing?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Working With Your Child
    24 Posts 16 Posters 11.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      ThreeCents
      last edited by

      My toddler is 3 year old. Thank for teaching me so much. 😄

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • W Offline
        worryfather
        last edited by

        tankee:
        I do as what super nanny preached ... leave him there and walk away (and peek out-of-his sight). he will be crying. if he gets up and move away from the corner, I will appear and put him back there and repeat the cycle (extending the timeout duration by a min each cycle).


        when times' up, i go to him and ask him whether he know what he did wrongly, what is the correct behaviour ... if he does not response, I will walk away again.

        it is very painful to see him crying there by himself, but it works wonders.
        Thanks to tankee and jedamum. Your advice sounds useful. Will try to use that one day and hopefully will work on my daughter.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          krazy
          last edited by

          i use two methods actually, the thinking corner and the spanking.


          when we are at home, the thinking corner comes more into play.

          when my girl was younger like 2 yr old, she was spanked once with a cane (by that, i mean, those white little rods that come attached with balloons). But I didn't just cane her. First I warned her, like I told her to stop her misbehaviour by the count of 3. Then I also told her that if she didn't after 3 was out, she would be caned once. If she insisted and continued, and I had to count till 4, she would have 2 strokes.

          Of course, she tried. But only once because I carried out what I said I would. So now, especially when we are out, I only had to count to 2 max if she is within earshot or show her the countings with my fingers and yes, it also never went pass 2 before she stops.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          • 1
          • 2
          • 3
          • 3 / 3
          • First post
            Last post



          Online Users
          stormyxxxS
          stormyxxx
          8xbetttbuzz8
          8xbetttbuzz
          tzenoT
          tzeno

          Statistics

          9

          Online

          211.2k

          Users

          34.5k

          Topics

          1.8m

          Posts
          Popular Topics
          New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
          P1 Registration 2027 Changes
          DSA Discussions and Strategies
          PSLE Discussions and Strategies
          How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
          SkillsFuture course recommendations

            About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy