[Choa Chu Kang] Primary Schools
-
tankee:
Thanks tankee for your advice. hmm actually I have secured a place for ds1 at BPPS. Its the distance that I am more concern now...dh wanna try SV but I KS, secure a place at old school first. Now monitoring the schools near my house for 2C.pandafam:
Want my son to go DLS, but stay 1-2kim away, SV is within 1km, which one stands a better chance?
It is very unlikely that you would have any chance at all with DLS, as balloting will be likely (almost certain) to be for within 1km.
But since you are within 1km to SV, you would have a chance to ballot. The odds would be very small. My guess would be between 2-4 person for 1 place. Thus, it would be wise to have a backup plan under phase 2C supplement if you are registering at PV.
Good Luck ! -
Good luck to all the PVs balloting at SV today at 11am :xedfingers:
Wonder what's the breakdown. I only know 42 PVs, 34 vacancies, less than 30 within 1km. -
lengrick:
well guys thanks for your opinion I really appreciated it....I think at the end parents always wants best for their kids and education is one of the most precious gift we can give to our children that's why we want the best sch for them.
Sorry Lengrick, I did not reply to your post. My choice in terms of priority:
1. Catholic school. School vision and mission statement.
2. Cocurricular activities - wide range of activities
3. Academic. Take a look at this (% passes over the years): http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/school/de-la-salle-school
4. Last but not the least, I found the teachers there polite and supportive. Perhaps I'm biased
(Note. I'm not a teacher in the school).
-
thanks a lot kiasu mommy... :lol:
-
Just wanna share why some people are choosing DLS… catholic school … character building, I’ve heard how much this school focus on, and affiliation to a sec school… this could be by far, a hidden advantage as as parents, the most we can do is to get into the school and how well the kid can do is up to him/her, but having the adv of a few pts may just help.
1 impt point that I do realize after getting my son in a pri school last yr is distance from the school. it’s a big consideration esp considering that the child will have CCA and supplementary classes, and which school bus may not agree to undertake. Also, if the school is further from your house, you may have to agree to a much-earlier timing that the bus will come to fetch your child.
btw, my son’s in SV and that’s why we had a communication session with P. We got into a school in Bukit Batok in 2A2 and got transferred into SV when a vacancy came up… 1 of the reason : distance.
.ky. -
xjysg:
Just wanna share why some people are choosing DLS....
How do u know there is vacancy? -
pandafam:
How do u know there is vacancy?
I waitlisted with school and they call me. btw, another of son's classmate too transferred, into DLS. Same reason as me. -
xjysg:
Your son was P2 already or half way thru P1 then? Sorry to ask so many questions cos I feel distance will be a problem next time to my ds too.
I waitlisted with school and they call me. btw, another of son's classmate too transferred, into DLS. Same reason as me. -
Hi xjysg
When did SV call u when there is vacancy? Before or after the school starts for P1? -
pandafam:
Thanks tankee for your advice. hmm actually I have secured a place for ds1 at BPPS. Its the distance that I am more concern now...dh wanna try SV but I KS, secure a place at old school first. Now monitoring the schools near my house for 2C.
You did the right thing, pandafam. Secure the easiest place first.
Old school some more... no fuss registration.
As for swapping
to SV, you shud monitor the spaces first these few days before
you decide to jump the wagon. BPPS is a good school and also
one which isn't that easy to secure without the faster routes like
old boy/girl, PV, (etc).
If there isn't a good chance of getting into SV at 2C this time, you can
put your name under waitlist and when they have vacancy, they will
ring you.. There tend to be a few drop outs after all the buzz of the
registration is over. While some may get to come in before official
lessons commence, others may have to wait a while longer. But as
long as what you want is to get into the school, guess it doesn't reali
matter 'when' your child gets in.
Have heard from some parents that the schools do not really fit max
number of children in the/each class. So, in the event of transfer cases,
twins or triplets and the likes... there will be few places in a few classes
for such cases. May be pure hear say and may be true. But we won't
know that for sure lar.
A friend of mine had a few children in BPPS and waitlisted @ Yew Tee...
Eventually got a call informing them of available place & soon transferred
to Yew Tee Pri when they relocated to one of the condos nearby due to
distance. They managed to get seats in the best classes there.
My
friend says BPPS gave all her children great few years foundation while
they were there.
Her children are all doing very well in YTPS now. She's aiming for the
DSA route.. and i do think they have good chances of being successful.
Wish you all my best in your eventual decision, pandafam. :celebrate:
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login